• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

XFL Game Thread

One thing that kinda sucks about these broadcasts is the announcing. In all the games so far, the announcers have the intensity of lukewarm water.

Yeah. How would it be with Kevin Harlan calling the game.

Lol....Landry Jones is injured and will not play.

Eli Rogers looks good. Must be difficult for him. They said his mother died in the past week and services are this afternoon. He is heading out after the game to spend time with his family.

Eli Rogers looks good. Must be difficult for him. They said his mother died in the past week and services are this afternoon. He is heading out after the game to spend time with his family.

Well outside of the fact that they could have maybe moved the services around him, wtf. You miss your mother's funeral for this ****?

This league has one chance. Partner closely with a gambling outfit and make the whole thing so gambling intuitive it makes your home into a sports bet. Constant odds and props on the screen. Intuitive technology to the smart TV to make the bet in real time. Only chance. Specially betting on a play you can hear the call.

He does suck. But, in his defense, there were some drops that he should not have had dropped. The league is fun, but it is a B or C grade talent league.

Jones sucks. This league sucks. The qbs blow, the team names blow, the uniforms are ugly, the color schemes suck. Guess what, I don't want to see players asked dumb questions after a 10 yard catch. Who cares? Please, for the love of god, stop these stupid spring leagues of semipro ball. They're painful.

Jones sucks. This league sucks. The qbs blow, the team names blow, the uniforms are ugly, the color schemes suck. Guess what, I don't want to see players asked dumb questions after a 10 yard catch. Who cares? Please, for the love of god, stop these stupid spring leagues of semipro ball. They're painful.
So we can write you off the season ticket list then? [emoji16][emoji851]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm kind of glad that Landry won, to be honest.

Annnnnnndddd . . . . Sammy Coates drops another one.

I don’t think it’s that bad but I do think Arena Football is more exciting

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think L. Jones is the only QB to have a 300 yrd game. The games I have watched most QBs have been terrible. Cardale Jones seemed to be OK, but I dont think Ben's replacement is in the XFL

Things I like-

They are allowed to hit, and the quarterbacks don't jump up yelling after every tackle
The 1, 2 and 3 point options are interesting and adds a little element of excitement after a td.
Kickoffs and punts are a bit strange, but I can see that working to help prevent injury
The coaches talking directly to the audience in game situations is kinda neat, though I'm sure they aren't crazy about it.
REPLAY, for the love of god I hope the nfl is watching. The replay official watches the play, explains why he's about to make the call he is going to make, then gives the official word down to the field.

Things I don't like

Jeezus these qbs are horrid, I mean, I just can't imagine there are only 32 people on the planet that can throw a football to another human being while reading a defense, but damn, this league has me thinking that might be the case
Uniforms are horrid, but maybe I just need time to adjust

All in all I love extra football, and I was excited to see Landry get a win. He always seemed like a good guy, and a good teammate, I ******* hated him because he sucked, but not because I didn't think he was a good person so it's nice to see him have a little success.

Joe