• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yea Starbucks

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you suppose their CEO will close all the stores for a full day for more sensitivity training?

Part of the division and double standard in this culture.

It's over for this nation.

**** Starbucks.
I buy my coffee from an Italian guy who owns a gelato and espresso shop and also owns the best Italian restaurant in the Midwest. Luciow doesn’t **** around. I was a Lavazzo fan for years. Now I’m on Umbria. Illy, Gevalia... whatever you pick, Italian coffee rules.

I hit Starbucks a couple times a week. Get iced tea at lunch in the drive thru. It’s right by my office.

Offices are racist.

**** Starbucks.

Shhhh, you'll get Flogomanbun's manbun all in a knot disrespecting his Starbucks like that. Where is else is a grown man going to get a tall creamy iced caramel whipped cream soy latte with gold sprinkle flakes to start his day?

And for the record, Starbucks sucks *** and they rape consumers. They take pride in buying some of the shittiest loads of beans they can find in central and south America, then sell it to you as an exotic flavor. The stuff is made from **** beans.

. They take pride in buying some of the shittiest loads of beans they can find in central and south America, then sell it to you as an exotic flavor. The stuff is made from **** beans.

They all taste the same if you just burn them to ashes.

Mostly, the type of people that get Starbucks agree with the "pig" label so don't expect any loss of business for them. I had one coffee from there years ago. Never again. So I can't boycott anymore than I already do.

Last edited:
I rarely drink it, but got one last night and it was nasty. i had to add an extra 4 sugar packets and it still left a bitter taste

Wusses. I get my cappucino with an extra shot.

This, I am addicted to. Even brew the DD k-cups at home and use DD creamer. Can't go without.

ThisisCoffee_c9535d42-e33e-44e8-ae94-16d565184528-prv.jpg

I used to get some mocha coffee with a triple shot of expresso years ago. I got wise to spending 5 bucks a cup and have never been back. That was even before I knew what a bunch of fucksticks they are.

I'll make my own or do DD.

This, I am addicted to. Even brew the DD k-cups at home and use DD creamer. Can't go without.

ThisisCoffee_c9535d42-e33e-44e8-ae94-16d565184528-prv.jpg

dunkin donuts coffee isn't anything special, either. kroger-brand coffee is better than dunkin

DD was a contributing factor in my switching to on black coffee about 20 years ago. Hated them adding the milk for me. Also no longer have to worry about some waitress topping me off and ******* up the milk ratio. Generally just simplified the whole coffee experience.

used to get mine from a small local coffee place but now I leave for work before they open so I make my own and drink the free stuff at the office...

dunkin donuts coffee isn't anything special, either. kroger-brand coffee is better than dunkin

I disagree. But that's what makes life fun, we all have different tastes, etc.

I have resolved myself to the fact that the "100% Arabica bean coffees" are the better tasting for me than the Robusta or Arabica/Robusta blends. That puts me in the McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts camp since that's all we have here in the woods. At home I get my fix from Walmartia by way of MckyD's brand.

519+Uki6xwL._SR500,500_.jpg

I try to drink Folgers or Maxwell House and just can't handle it. Rather drink water or (cough) tea.

Surprisingly, McDonald's coffee is gourmet. Gaviña is the coffee supplier for McDonald's and they use a blend of arabica coffee beans grown in Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica. McDonald's uses a medium roasted blend rather than dark roasted coffee.

Yes Starbucks is Arabica but for some reason they are twice as expensive ?

Maxwell House.......................... $0.26.7/oz 100% Pure Coffee.
Folgers.................................. ...$0.27.5/oz 100% pure coffee.
Great Value Colombian Ground....$0.27 / oz 100% Arabica ( I have yet to see this in my store)
McCafe Colombian Ground...........$0.30 / oz 100% Arabica
Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend...... $0.48.6/oz 100% premium Arabica coffee
Starbucks Dark Roast ............... .$0.52 / oz 100% Arabica

I doubt there is any difference in these beans. My guess is they all came from the same farm.

Starbucks coffee drinks are strong but with a very bitter and burnt taste. ... The most likely reason for the bitter/burnt taste is that Starbucks roasts their beans at a higher temperature then most roasters in order to produce large quantities of beans in a short time.

This is my current favorite.

blend-2.jpg

GUSTO CREMA
BLEND
CLASSIC ESPRESSO
MEDIUM ROAST

Un espresso perfetto. Defined by a creamy body and delightful sweetness that lasts through the finish. Find milk chocolate and dried fig notes in this rounded and subtly complex coffee. This blend typifies the style of coffee roasted for generations by the Bizzarri family and is the featured espresso at Caffè Umbria cafés. Brewed drip-style it smooths to a rich and refined cup.
Characteristics: Creamy | Milk Chocolate | Cream | Dried Fig
Primary Origins: Brazil | Colombia | Guatemala

Damn Indy, that sounds delish

Characteristics: Creamy | Milk Chocolate | Cream | Dried Fig

But at that price ( $1.08/oz), I could only have one cup a week....lol

just kiddin'....I really wouldn't mind tryin' it...I'll be lookin'

562.gif

One of my daughters has worked for them for ten years..

They offer her a decent pay, Fantastic inexpensive full benefits (wish I had and I work for P&G),with paid time off and paid holidays.

In fact, they offer this to any associate that averages 25 hours a week.
one of very few company's that do so..

I don’t agree with some of their owners politics and views on life, but they are fair and generous to my daughter, and she is happy.

That’s all a daughters father could ask for.

Last edited:
One of my daughters has worked for them for ten years..

They offer her a decent pay, Fantastic inexpensive full benefits (wish I had and I work for P&G),with paid time off and paid holidays.

In fact, they offer this to any associate that averages 25 hours a week.
one of very few compsnys that do so..

I don’t agree with some of their owners politics and views on life, but that are fair and generous to my daughter, and she is happy.

That’s all a daughters father could ask for.

We still wanna know why their coffee tastes like such garbage though...

Have her write us a short report please. Thanks!