• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

1st Republican Debate

Trump doesn’t care what’s best for the party or the country. His ego is priority one.
That's a simpleton /hater way of looking at it. He has a big ego, that part is true.

It's his ego that drives him. He knowns he can make this country better. He already proved it and wants to prove it again. That kind of ego which produces results I can tolerate.
Haters don't think of it that way.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. There was no crime committed.
Bingo. We only need to look back to 2016 to see how they acted. Or Bush vs hanging chad Gore.

**** after 2016 all you heard from the democrats was doing away with the electoral college. Which if they did, it would be pointless being a state in a union you have no voice in.

The GOP is between a rock and a hard place in regards to Trump. Their best scenario would have been for Trump to throw his support behind Desantis WILLINGLY, and enjoy his golden years on the golf course. As it is now, the Dems will win in 24. I believe this because if they FORCE Trump out, they immediately lose his followers because they will sit it out. If they do accept him as the nominee, then the “Never Trumpers” in the GOP sit it out, and EVERY Trump hater in the country turns out to vote against him. In reality the only option is to play for 28 and hope there is a Country left.
Perhaps would have been the best for Trump too. Not a single indictment had he chosen not to run and ride off into the sunset.

This is not a criminal prosecution, it's political persecution.

Pretty much. DeSantis and Swami combined equal Trump’s polling and they agree with Trump on policy so basically the old GOP is dead.

That to me would be the perfect combo. They're both intelligent common sense men who can deliver the message.

Liberals are who we always thought they were ...vile, hateful, intolerant, and violent. It was Trump that exposed them.

Trump has now a exposed a rotten to the core government from top to bottom....all those powers that be being on board with weaponization and politization of our justice system

Perhaps would have been the best for Trump too. Not a single indictment had he chosen not to run and ride off into the sunset.

This is not a criminal prosecution, it's political persecution.

Of course it is. It's been that way since before he was even sworn into office. That should tell you how screwed up Washington has become.

Of course it is. It's been that way since before he was even sworn into office. That should tell you how screwed up Washington has become.
Yep. Thats a fact. They vowed to impeach him after being overcome by the shock of him winning.

Pretty much. DeSantis and Swami combined equal Trump’s polling and they agree with Trump on policy so basically the old GOP is dead.

In my opinion Swami and Trump are the same....it's just that Swami can articulate conservative viewpoints they both share much, much, much, much, better.
I didn't watch the debate, but I heard on talk radio that Swami even got little condescending, sorta like Trump.
I've been really impressed by Swami after hearing him on interviews. He'd be my choice.

Liberals are who we always thought they were ...vile, hateful, intolerant, and violent. It was Trump that exposed them.

Trump has now a exposed a rotten to the core government from top to bottom....all those powers that be being on board with weaponization and politization of our justice system
Disagree.....Trump did very little to expose the rotten core.

It exposed itself, because they don't care

Trump never held office before so he leaned on what he thought were trusted advisors. He learned that the swamp includes lots of people with R by their name. So much of his stuff was blocked internally by swampies sabotaging him.

They'll do anything to stop him now because this time he won't have to worry about re-election and will fire a whole bunch of people in the intelligency agencies. He'll revoke their clearance too.

It's insane that these people retain clearance after they retire or quit.

Only the long tenured ones in both parties. The young blood coming in shouldn't be lumped into that.

They're just greatly outnumbered against a very large machine.
They just haven’t had enough time, but they will catch up, don’t worry. In a few short years, they too will be an equal part of the problem.

You're right, they don't care.
What I was trying to get at is how the level of liberal violence, protests, and hatred which even included death threats increased after Trump was elected. We always knew what liberals had this in them. Trumps election exposed their true colors. To the extent that which they will go isn't surprising.

Likewise, this is the first time in our history that a former president has been indicted, and wrongly so. So prior to Trump, this level of political weaponization and corruption had never seen before, but we always knew they had it in them. To the extent that they will go isn't surprising.

That they don't care goes without saying.

Last edited:
They just haven’t had enough time, but they will catch up, don’t worry. In a few short years, they too will be an equal part of the problem.

You know I'd like to really believe that this isn't true. That some men can hold the line of integrity without being corrupted. That goes for any position of power and authority.
That good honorable people still exist and they will blow the whistle on those who are not, even at the cost of their own jobs.

Yeah I know,it's a tall task and given the lack of morality and integrity being portrayed as normal in the generations coming up in our society, I'd say that will be a much harder thing to find.

One other thing about them not caring that they are corrupt... its because they are backed by half this county of ignorant Trump haters who like them care only about "getting Trump". It is their protection. This under the guise of "justice" and "doing what's right for the American people".
Makes you want to puke.

If you look around, the tide is turning, at least among average people. Black people, men especially, are starting to see the light. The day Trump was arrested, lots of black people on both sides of the street yelling “free Trump” as his motorcade passed by. People are waking up to the game the government and media are running. Just not sure if it’s enough yet.

Trump may ultimately get the nomination, but he is going to get nominated from prison. They are going to lock him up, throw away the key and rub it in every conservative face they can, and nobody will do **** about it. They obviously aren't afraid of the voters. Why would they be? Half the nation supports those frauds.
That's because they don't need the voters anymore, they have their mail-in scam they can use to out-vote anyone.

One other thing about them not caring that they are corrupt... its because they are backed by half this county of ignorant Trump haters who like them care only about "getting Trump". It is their protection. This under the guise of "justice" and "doing what's right for the American people".
Makes you want to puke.
this is exactly the case......the holier than thou never Trump Republicans are uncaring that they are now and have been enabling of the First Family of Crime and all the swampers.

I get their dislike for the man.....I too think that he is an ******* narcissist. But he is still a better leader now for America than any other person running. If never Trumpers can hold their nose and vote D, they are the direct enablers of all the border issues, the Ukraine murders and theiving, the abject disregard for personal liberty during covid, the genocide committed by Fauci et al, gas at $3.75, inflation, worsening Chinese relations, the transgender epidemic, etc.

These people are the true problem with America, because they sell their loyalty because OMB. Weak *** wannabees.

If you look around, the tide is turning, at least among average people. Black people, men especially, are starting to see the light. The day Trump was arrested, lots of black people on both sides of the street yelling “free Trump” as his motorcade passed by. People are waking up to the game the government and media are running. Just not sure if it’s enough yet.

Oh certainly. Even the casual observer can see it. They're also really pissed about all of the money we're giving to Ukraine. A few billion at the beginning was doable, now we're past 120 billion. That **** will no longer fly.

All of that bribery has hit in the media about the Biden's too. People can connect the dots.

Anyone who comes out and says we're going to stop giving all of our money away and will stop getting involved in wars constantly, will win a lot of people over.

People are sick of it. Sick of the nonstop chaos,crisis and forced division.

The continued persecution of Trump will not have the desired outcome the democrats and republicans think it will have. Just the opposite.

They're also going to get a big fat **** you if they even try mask mandates and force any kind of closures or emergency power nonsense.

That ship has sailed and people know it's bullshit.

Oh certainly. Even the casual observer can see it. They're also really pissed about all of the money we're giving to Ukraine. A few billion at the beginning was doable, now we're past 120 billion. That **** will no longer fly.

All of that bribery has hit in the media about the Biden's too. People can connect the dots.

Anyone who comes out and says we're going to stop giving all of our money away and will stop getting involved in wars constantly, will win a lot of people over.

People are sick of it. Sick of the nonstop chaos,crisis and forced division.

The continued persecution of Trump will not have the desired outcome the democrats and republicans think it will have. Just the opposite.

They're also going to get a big fat **** you if they even try mask mandates and force any kind of closures or emergency power nonsense.

That ship has sailed and people know it's bullshit.
People may know its bullshit, but few seem compelled to do more than bitc h about it. Even fewer have taken public steps to provide an alternative.

MAGA as an idea is not Trump.
The underlying desire to make America the dominant world-envy it once was both precedes and will outlast Trump.

He's just the first guy who got on the bus, but he isn't the movement.

MAGA as an idea is not Trump.
The underlying desire to make America the dominant world-envy it once was both precedes and will outlast Trump.

He's just the first guy who got on the bus, but he isn't the movement.
ok then.....please point out other leaders in this movement

I ran into my former Republican US Rep at a cemetery service I was running. I consider him a friend but he was not a Trump supporter and between that and redistricting he lost re-election four years ago after being in DC for about eight years. He asked me if my county was still supporting Trump, I said yes, and he shook his head.

I ran into my former Republican US Rep at a cemetery service I was running. I consider him a friend but he was not a Trump supporter and between that and redistricting he lost re-election four years ago after being in DC for about eight years. He asked me if my county was still supporting Trump, I said yes, and he shook his head.
He knows exactly what the deal is in D.C. after spending 8 years in it.

ok then.....please point out other leaders in this movement
Virtually every libertarian candidate that wasn’t a total anarchist. Trump stole and bastardized so many moderate issues not implementing them like tgey needed to and causing the libs to polarize against them and for that I blame him. He did let a lot of aides make fiscal policies that really make sense… so that was great… but he was pushing some clintonomics that were going to be long term bad things too..

I don’t see him as any type of savior. He is a celebrity who wanted to be President. A guy who was a moderate Democrat most of his life and only ran as a Republican because there was no path forward with Hillary blocking things in the Democratic Party and no real chance as a independent…

He exposed the deep state, an ironically liberal issue for decade that only recently flipped to the conservative agenda… that was good.

Trump isn’t the solution. He is a fun way to troll the libs for the conservatives. He definitely will let the economy get hypercharged, long term results be damned… and maybe for a bit that would be good…

But he absolutely isn’t the guy who is going to really rebuild the US’s greatness… unfortunately that kind of guy wouldn’t just get impeached and smeared by the powers that be… he would get straight up assassinated before he harmed the elites big picture…

Virtually every libertarian candidate that wasn’t a total anarchist. Trump stole and bastardized so many moderate issues not implementing them like tgey needed to and causing the libs to polarize against them and for that I blame him. He did let a lot of aides make fiscal policies that really make sense… so that was great… but he was pushing some clintonomics that were going to be long term bad things too..

I don’t see him as any type of savior. He is a celebrity who wanted to be President. A guy who was a moderate Democrat most of his life and only ran as a Republican because there was no path forward with Hillary blocking things in the Democratic Party and no real chance as a independent…

He exposed the deep state, an ironically liberal issue for decade that only recently flipped to the conservative agenda… that was good.

Trump isn’t the solution. He is a fun way to troll the libs for the conservatives. He definitely will let the economy get hypercharged, long term results be damned… and maybe for a bit that would be good…

But he absolutely isn’t the guy who is going to really rebuild the US’s greatness… unfortunately that kind of guy wouldn’t just get impeached and smeared by the powers that be… he would get straight up assassinated before he harmed the elites big picture…
So the movement had no quantitative or qualitative leadership? Who is the cultural leader, the philosophical leader, the financial leader, the geopolitical leader?

Why isn't Trump using his influence and power to show off his team? I mean, even if he is just the lead singer......where is the rest of the band?

He has been "running" or POTUS for the past 8 years.....who/what/where is his organization?

Where have all the good people gone?