• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2014 Pirates thread

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Cutch would get himself a lifetime ban for that + Pirates need Cutch = Bad idea.
Yeah well.....
Hurdle needs to do something. We can't keep putting up with this.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
I was kidding,,,,,kind of. But maybe if we started F'ing some pitchers up they would learn not to throw at Cutch.

Scott T

Forefather
Reaction score
What? no comments on the Around The Horn Triple Play the Pirates turned today?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
What? no comments on the Around The Horn Triple Play the Pirates turned today?
That's the best way to get out of an inning.

steelermania

Reaction score
Braves lose again. They're at .500, and pretty much playing their way out of the race.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I hope we can manage to win the division. I hate that one game wildcard thing. There are still a lot of games left though and one bad skid could end it for a number of teams.

steelermania

Reaction score
The Bucs roll on. They are 10-2 so far during this stretch of games vs also rans, with one game to go. I was hoping to win 8 games, in order to be within striking distance of the Braves and Brewers, but they've exceeded my expectations.

Reaction score
Get out the brooms, just watched the end of the game. Lucky as **** but I will take it. If the Brew crew holds on vs the Cards we are only 1.5 back in the division.

Winning season #2 in a row. LESGO BUCS!

steelermania

Reaction score
Get out the brooms, just watched the end of the game. Lucky as **** but I will take it. If the Brew crew holds on vs the Cards we are only 1.5 back in the division.

Winning season #2 in a row. LESGO BUCS!

Cards schedule is soft as cotton from here on out. It will be be very hard to catch them. Need to take 2 of 3 vs Milwaukee to breathe easy. Milwaukee has an easy road after they leave Pittsburgh. Our schedule is tougher.

steelermania

Reaction score
Crushing 13 inning loss for the Brewers. Blew a 2 run lead late, and lost in 13. Now even a sweep won't pull them even. As long as the Bucs avoid getting swept, they are in very good shape for the wild card.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The issues with the potential one-game playoff scenario for the Pirates are compounded by the fact it is basically ensured that it will be a freaking west coast trip to either the Dodgers or Giants.

steelermania

Reaction score
That might be the coup de grace for the Brewers. Right now, I think we have a better chance of catching SF than St.Louis.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Losing Russell Martin is going to be devastating,,.I wish the Pirates would just spend the money on this guy. Guaranteed he's with the Red Sox, Yankees or another spending club.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Losing Russell Martin is going to be devastating,,.I wish the Pirates would just spend the money on this guy. Guaranteed he's with the Red Sox, Yankees or another spending club.

I will be pretty pissed if they do not try to keep him. I would keep him just for his defense / leadership, but he is on a great offensive terror right now. Also its not like we have catcher prospects beating down the doors ready to come up. At some point this franchise has to spend some money to keep some good veterans.

steelermania

Reaction score
I will be pretty pissed if they do not try to keep him. I would keep him just for his defense / leadership, but he is on a great offensive terror right now. Also its not like we have catcher prospects beating down the doors ready to come up. At some point this franchise has to spend some money to keep some good veterans.

Well, you have to hope he's willing to stay, and that some dumb club doesn't offer him an insane amount of money. If the Bucs make a solid offer, and he still leaves, that will be on him. You can't force him to stay, nor can you overpay him, or any other player, as that usually never works.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Well, you have to hope he's willing to stay, and that some dumb club doesn't offer him an insane amount of money. If the Bucs make a solid offer, and he still leaves, that will be on him. You can't force him to stay, nor can you noverpay him, or any other player, as that usually never works.

If the Pirates make him a decent offer and he leaves that's fine. I just want them to make an effort to keep him. They had a segment on him on inside pirates baseball and he can do all kinds of crazy stuff. He is way more athletic than you would think. He can walk on his hands like it's nothing. They also showed a clip of him going after a foul ball and he jumped on the dugout railing leaning forward. He regained his balance and just stood there for a few seconds. I thought it was pretty impressive for a guy of his stature.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree with the incredible value and importance of Russell Martin to the team, and the developing pitching staff.

But let's not just skip over last night's game. The PNC crowd in the 8th inning was louder than any NFL crowd I have heard this year. Holy ****, it was deafening.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope the Bucs make RM a really reasonable offer. His hitting, defense, handling of the staff - one could argue he has been MVP of the team this year. Would hate to lose him.

steelermania

Reaction score
Let's win this one today. A win here would pretty much lock up a playoff spot. Even with a loss, Milwaukee is in a tough spot, but with a win, they would need a miracle to catch us.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bucs win .. .Raise the Jolly Roger -- magic number is now 3

Reaction score
I thought Cutch was finally going to take my advice last night and beat the **** out of a pitcher. 2x HBP....really?