• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Oh but it was such a hard call on the ice. And he seen it coming so....

Like Pompeani said the other night the NHL wont do anything about it till they have a stack of lawsuits setting on Bettman's desk.

The league wants to grow and expand the fanbase.
The skill is there. McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, etc.

The cheap goon is always going to be a danger to that and will turn fans away.

The nhl pisses me off

The NHL just gave Wilson and the rest of the league to have free reign on hitting high and calling it a hockey play. Don't freakin' slash, though. That will get you two, for sure. What a joke! I don't mind my team losing in a hard fought game, but the same guy knocks two guys out with concussions and is not disciplined? Why should I bother watching? Pencil the Craps into Round 3 right now. That's what the league wants and NBC clearly wants.

Still pissed about that hit. Guarantee he gets no fine or suspension or anything. I think you go out there and take him out. I mean hell, he is intentionally taking players out. Its obvious, except apparently to the NHL.

I wonder if the Pens still think that trading Cole was a good idea.

I think after this year, you have to try and deal Letang. The guy is just not very good anymore.

Not sure what Kessel's issue is. Guy is playing like straight ***.

I think the Pens are done this round. Sid is gonna Sid, but this team needs much more than that. Guentzel is legit, but beyond those two, nobody is doing much this series.

Realistically, this series should be 3-0 Caps. If not for 4:30 of ****** hockey, it would be.

I would sit Phil for one game. Something is up with him. He's clearly not 100% and is a turnover, slow machine out there. Bring up Sprong for one game and maybe he sparks something. Letang has been mediocre to bad all year. He's hard to watch. I highly doubt the Pens make it onto the next round and it been a helluva run, but I'll be rooting for anyone but WASH. I will root for Nashville, Boston, TB, don't care, I never want to see Trotz, Ovechicken, Wilson or that organization win a Cup.

I would sit Phil for one game. Something is up with him. He's clearly not 100% and is a turnover, slow machine out there. Bring up Sprong for one game and maybe he sparks something. Letang has been mediocre to bad all year. He's hard to watch. I highly doubt the Pens make it onto the next round and it been a helluva run, but I'll be rooting for anyone but WASH. I will root for Nashville, Boston, TB, don't care, I never want to see Trotz, Ovechicken, Wilson or that organization win a Cup.

I'll remain optimistic until the round is over.
Just fed up with the cheap stuff here. If we lose. Go anyone but the caps.

The Jets seem like a good team to root for as an alternate. They were down 3-0, rallied and won 7-4 last night. Hoping they can close out the Preds. Get tired of all the "Smashville" and catfish nonsense.

I'm trying, as well, but the cards are stacked against the Pens. The cheap hits are getting old, the non calls on obvious plays are, as well. Murray is stellar at most points, but leaves in some bad goals on other times. Ovie's goal was a great play but him, but Niskanen's was lame. Tomorrow night is huge. Gotta win or it's over.

We have been here before and I personally doubted this team in just about every series last year and they proved me wrong. But that team had so much more experience. And was way better defensively. With guys like Cullen, Kunitz Daley and Bonino gone it will be interesting to see how this team plays in a must win game. They lose tomorrow night and my prediction of the caps in 6 might not even happen.

Don't know what the hell is wrong with Kessel, and Letang is playing like a complete idiot at times. And Murray is not playing like he did the last two years either. Should of had a couple of those he let slip by last night.

Sid and Guentzel can’t do everything, including play goal. Murray sucked *** again. Terrible D and no secondary scoring at all. Yeah, this season is about over.

Caps can only score on 2 on 1s or PP and we keep giving them both non-stop.

Brassard needs to step it up. He has been borderline invisible in this series. I'm not going to beat the dead horse of that trade, but it's about time we see his worth, esp in this series.

Washington’s Tom Wilson will have a hearing today for an illegal check to the head on Pittsburgh’s Zach Aston-Reese.
— NHL Player Safety

Sid and Guentzel can’t do everything, including play goal. Murray sucked *** again. Terrible D and no secondary scoring at all. Yeah, this season is about over.

Caps can only score on 2 on 1s or PP and we keep giving them both non-stop.

No goalie on earth can look like a superstar with this D in front of them. As much as he gets hung out to dry, I am surprised it hasn't been worse.

He's getting torched from shots damn near from the blue line - whiffing right through that hole in his glove hand - that ain't on the D

We gave up a lot of odd man rushes due to unresponsible defense. Murray does have a suspect glove hand, but a few he let in were perfect placed shots by ovechkin. Not many goalies are going to stop those. The long bombs he should definitely be able to stop. The one last night hit his leg pad, but he should have gloved it first.
Letang is playing horrible both ways. We also can not rely on 3 guys for offense. Next game is make or break for us. I don't see us beating the caps 3 in a row

We're in trouble this year, no doubt. Our defense is horrible. We are not nearly aggressive enough. The trades we made at the deadline flat out hurt the team. Getting rid of Cole and Reaves was stupid. Bressard has been a virtual non factor. Should've gotten rid of both Letang and Maatta. They both ******* suck, and I'm tired of their bullshit. Both of them, especially Letang, HAVE to go this offseason.

And as others have said, what's going on with Kessel? Is he injured? He is playing like crap! Murray's okay, but he's not the brick wall he was last year. Also, why do we refuse to not plant somebody in front of Holtby when we have the puck in their zone? The rare times we do it (see Hornquist's goal), it works!

Oh, and Tom Wilson, **** YOU, YOU *******! I hope he gets a career ending knee injury, that piece of ****.

Last edited:
That Niskanen goal was a soft goal. Have to stop that.
Malkin missed opportunity and hit the bar.

Gotta overcome the goonery and keep at it.
I can see the Pens winning this round. Next round no.

I want this series after Wilson's bullshit. Let's Go Pens!

The longer the announcement from Wilson's hearing takes the more I expect a slap on the wrist. Waiting until after 5PM to minimize the rage. The NHL is really screwing the pooch. Poor officiating is hurting the NFL and they are blowing the opportunity to do it right.

I've been so pissed off I can't even gather my comments.