• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Gotta give the team credit. Screening out Andersen played dividends.
Maatta and Dumo blasted those two goals.

Nice to see Sheahan get a goal. Although an empty netter

Great night for Pittsburgh sports ! It's tough to try to watch both games at one time.

Letang looked pretty good tonight. I didn't see one bonehead move. Maata on the other hand was lousy. I do agree that it was nice to see Sheahan get a goal. Murray made a couple outstanding saves.

How Hornqvist can even walk after a game is amazing. He takes a beating every game.

Great night for Pittsburgh sports ! It's tough to try to watch both games at one time.

Letang looked pretty good tonight. I didn't see one bonehead move. Maata on the other hand was lousy. I do agree that it was nice to see Sheahan get a goal. Murray made a couple outstanding saves.

How Hornqvist can even walk after a game is amazing. He takes a beating every game.

it was difficult to watch both games. I missed most of the Pens game, but turned it on at 2-0 to see the Sens goal. Really? Did catch the end of the 3rd at halftime. That worked out pretty good. Murray looked great, from what I was able to see and Horny does get abused. He needs re-signed.

All I want is a complete game tonight Pens.
I'm sure the team wants revenge for the embarrassment in the windy city.
But focus on getting the win.

Tonights game will be at 5pm(MTN) 7pm(EST)
Nhl network

All I want is a complete game tonight Pens.
I'm sure the team wants revenge for the embarrassment in the windy city.
But focus on getting the win.

Tonights game will be at 5pm(MTN) 7pm(EST)
Nhl network

Maata is a game time decision. He was sick.

We have been on the up tend the past couple games. Timing should have the Pens ready for Chicago. ,

Pens are giving up a ton of breakaways.
Murray is stealing this game. Should be 5-0 right now.
Our guys look like trash.

Plus side is the PP had a good set up. Hagelin is due for a breakout game, he is all over.
Chicago did get away with a trip on Hornqvist. Pens looked threatening on that possession

Chicago is just a thorn in the Pens side.
Liked the Crosby-esque backhand goal by Hunwick.

Sucks to lose a close one.
Goalie battle. Both Murray and Crawford had solid games.
Crawford really stole tonights game. The Pens had a good 3rd period showing with good offensive chances.

Sucks to lose a close one.
Goalie battle. Both Murray and Crawford had solid games.
Crawford really stole tonights game. The Pens had a good 3rd period showing with good offensive chances.

Hell of a lot better than getting pasted like the last time these two played.

Pens still struggling to scored even strength goals. I think Sully has thrown every possible configuration out there.

The mental game continued to hurt. Letang, 3 bad penalties. Chicago scoring less than 30 seconds after the Pens did.

Hunwick looked pretty good for being out for so long. Murray looked solid but Crawford was better. That ******* really has our number.

They're not looking to good as of late. A lot of goals given up. Hopefully they can get that eye of the tiger back.

Keep the boys healthy...work on developing the 3rd and 4th lines, create continuity with the defensive pairings, and get the two goalies into a set playing time routine..

Post season push starts in March...

We sure do miss Cullen and Bonino as far as penalty killing goes.

If you look only at Stats, Murray doesn't look all the great but if you watch the games. Many of his saves have been stellar.

Letang coughs up the puck way to many times in outlet situations. I've got a feeling that since his neck surgery, he has problems turning his head.

Reactions: MTC
a game like last night really exposes the lack of depth on the team this season. The drop off from Malkin to Shenan is glaring. Two of the goals were fugly and kinda lucky, but the Pens did have chances. They have to find their scoring touch. Another b2b tomorrow and Sat.

The Pens simply lost too much and weren't able to make the moves to add depth. As it stands now, they'll only go as far as their top two lines will take them and with Crosby's scoring down compared to last year, they do not look primed for a deep playoff run.

You would think JR will do something to bolster the team. I don't know how much more they can afford to mortgage the future, but some moves have to be coming, at some point.

a game like last night really exposes the lack of depth on the team this season. The drop off from Malkin to Shenan is glaring. Two of the goals were fugly and kinda lucky, but the Pens did have chances. They have to find their scoring touch. Another b2b tomorrow and Sat.

They had plenty of chances in the 3rd period last night.
Shifts were out hitting and creating scoring opportunities.

The Pens lack defensive presence. Vancouver had a ton of breakaways. I think Sutter had two short handed breakaways. The Pens were horrible.

I think the lack of intensity is there right now. The guys accomplished a lot these past two seasons.
There is skill to win games, but my feeling, and I can only speak for myself as a fan; I feel the Pens are not into the season this year.
Cannot blame them. A lack of a true offseason, etc.

Like I said in the beginning. I'm enjoying this hockey season worry free and relaxed. O.o

You would think JR will do something to bolster the team. I don't know how much more they can afford to mortgage the future, but some moves have to be coming, at some point.

When there is so much cap spend between Sid, Geno and Letang it's hard. We'll see Sprong brought up sooner or later.He is a hell of a sniper but still needs to improve his defense. I would expect a shake up but we don't have the pockets that are deep enough. We would have to trade one of the big $$$ guys. Letang's trade value as an oft injured butthead is worth about a bag of Funyuns at the moment.

Seeing Guentzel at center may well be a sign of things to come. We absolutely have to find a solid 3rd line center.

I'm still puzzled by the lack of production coming at even strength. Odd that Sid's line didn't start vs. the Canucks.

They had plenty of chances in the 3rd period last night.
Shifts were out hitting and creating scoring opportunities.

The Pens lack defensive presence. Vancouver had a ton of breakaways. I think Sutter had two short handed breakaways. The Pens were horrible.

I think the lack of intensity is there right now. The guys accomplished a lot these past two seasons.
There is skill to win games, but my feeling, and I can only speak for myself as a fan; I feel the Pens are not into the season this year.
Cannot blame them. A lack of a true offseason, etc.

Like I said in the beginning. I'm enjoying this hockey season worry free and relaxed. O.o

I enjoy it as well. It's hard to *****,but I'd rather they go down fighting in the playoffs. They're professionals this is what they get paid the big bucks to do. Mentally they have to clear out what they've done the last 2 years. I think that is the biggest issue overall. If you're satisfied with what you have already accomplished then why even play. I fully expect them to go on a run soon.

I enjoy it as well. It's hard to *****,but I'd rather they go down fighting in the playoffs. They're professionals this is what they get paid the big bucks to do. Mentally they have to clear out what they've done the last 2 years. I think that is the biggest issue overall. If you're satisfied with what you have already accomplished then why even play. I fully expect them to go on a run soon.

They're professionals. They'll be alright. Sidney has always been a competitive guy. No better captain.
I think the losing streak will set them straight soon.

Are they satisfied? My hunch says yes. When you win the ultimate prize in your craft and do it back to back, I'd tend to think what more do I have to prove? However I think if you come back and take a loss and some to some bitter rivals, then yeah. The Pens are a loaded team
It's noticeable that they are getting a spark back. They'll go on a run eventually.

I don't expect it soon however. Perhaps January/February.
Right now the guys can afford and should half ***. They played a ton of hockey.
No need to fatigue when not in crunch time of the schedule

A 3-peat is a huge ask for any team, especially in a salary cap situation. I don't care how we get into the playoffs. The Pens have proven seating makes little difference when you peak at the right times. Still it's got to be a more comfortable situation to have the home ice advantage.

Crosby is too competitive and talented to be held down. I expect he will catch fire soon and when he starts rolling the wins will come.

It's always weird to watch hockey in the afternoon. Just doesn't feel right. Hopefully they didn't have too much stuffing !

I just got home and it's coming on t.v.,so I'm happy.

I just got home and it's coming on t.v.,so I'm happy.

Not for long, huh?

The only way we repeat this year is if we meet the Redwings in the finals. Get it?

Reactions: MTC
The Pens are uninspired af this season.
They could win this game easily on skill alone.

Boston is just skating circles around our guys this afternoon.
We'll see how they manage this PP heading into the 2nd period.
No defensive presence this season at all. Murray should be MVP of the season for being the rock on this team.

Crosby's line looked threatening just awhile ago.
This team can take over if they want to.