• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Geesh I spoke too soon down 3-1...is Crosby on vacation? Zero shots thus far. He's been real quiet the last few weeks.

Reactions: MTC
Geesh I spoke too soon down 3-1...is Crosby on vacation? Zero shots thus far. He's been real quiet the last few weeks.

3-2 heading into the third. Nashville has a minute and some change left on the PP.
Crosby is getting some pressure in the offensive zone actually. He's doing the small things. Had a great back check and helped Jarry out.

Both teams are about evenly matched. Nashville plays a great defensive game though. It's hard to get quality shots on Pecker

3-2 heading into the third. Nashville has a minute and some change left on the PP.
Crosby is getting some pressure in the offensive zone actually. He's doing the small things. Had a great back check and helped Jarry out.

Both teams are about evenly matched. Nashville plays a great defensive game though. It's hard to get quality shots on Pecker

Obviously I'm not watching the game just statistics every few minutes. I call it nerd watching..haha

Obviously I'm not watching the game just statistics every few minutes. I call it nerd watching..haha

Ha!

Well one good stat. We got a point out of this road trip.
Hopefully 2. Going to OT 4-4.

Entertaining game. Loved it

Going to a shootout. Pens dominated those OT shifts

Our boys lost 5-4 in the SO.
Jarry's inexperience at NHL shootouts. But other than that really solid game by Jarry.
-Loved the game atmosphere. Felt like a playoff game. Both teams and the fans were into it.

Pens deserved a goal in OT. They had Nashville on the ropes --- exhausted!!!
Lol. The team will be fine and are showing flashes in what they will do when it's crunch time

Close but no cigar. All good. A point. Next...

I'll take the point.

Jake and Rust both scored beautiful goals. They just flat out beat Pecker.

Nice to see Sid get one on the S/O. When Letang came out I knew it was over. Kessel or Jake would have been better choices.

I'm going to the Buffalo game. Hopefully we beat them "like a rented mule".

Last edited:
I'll take the point.

Jake and Rust both scored beautiful goals. They just flat out beat Pecker.

Nice to see Sid get one on the S/O. When Letang came out I knew it was over. Kessel or Jake would have been better choices.

I'm going to the Buffalo game. Hopefully we beat them "like a rented mule".

...while scratching your back with a hacksaw until Elvis leaves the building on his way to turtle crick..

Heads up SN, game is free on NHL.TV.

Not home atm. Uncle Ben, hope you're enjoying the game.
Our boys down 1-0?

I wish they could stay out of the box. A lot of goals being scored against this year so far.

Phil the thrill! With the equalizer.

Sheary is having a solid/underrated season.

What a beauty. No doubt they wanted to score right away!!

Heads up SN, game is free on NHL.TV.

Not home atm. Uncle Ben, hope you're enjoying the game.
Our boys down 1-0?

Lots of positives in the game last night. You can't fully appreciate the skill level on our #1 power play unless you are there. Yes, they pass too much but still amazing control.

I wish Hagelin could shoot the damn puck well. His speed and hustle puts him in the right place so many times. I like Malkin, Hagelin and Kessel together.

Took the crowd until the 3rd to get out of golf clap mode.. I thought it was rocking for the 3rd and of course the OT, all 16 seconds. Surprised there were so many empty seats last night. Yes, I know it was Buffalo on a Tuesday.

Pens did a great job with the Salute to the Military throughout the game !

Malkin to Kessel for the tie was awesome. Seeing Phil down on a knee was unreal. Phil is all over it right now. Hope this continues.

Still as Mike Lange has always said, " You've got to be here to believe it. "

The only real negative was getting home at 1:30 AM and having to work today.

Last edited:
Pens need to shore up that defense. Man they give up a lot of goals. Buffalo's third goal is a perfect example. Letang was out of position and then failed to hustle. Result=GOAL. Easy goal. I would look at moving him. He is the worst in the league +/-. He isn't scoring. Move him while you can maybe get something for him. The Pens D looked better last season without him. Ruhwedel is a liability as well. Guy just isn't an NHL'er.

Pens need to shore up that defense. Man they give up a lot of goals. Buffalo's third goal is a perfect example. Letang was out of position and then failed to hustle. Result=GOAL. Easy goal. I would look at moving him. He is the worst in the league +/-. He isn't scoring. Move him while you can maybe get something for him. The Pens D looked better last season without him. Ruhwedel is a liability as well. Guy just isn't an NHL'er.

Letang has been out of position all season. I think he was like a minus 15 defenseman. Worst in the league last week.
Regardless, I know the coaches see it and will cater more to his strengths than weaknesses.

Just get used to some odd man rushes and break aways. It's been pretty normal during these last two cup wins

Letang's lack of improvement since his return is frustrating to say the least. He can still skate but his decision making is worse than ever. Move him, no way. His trade might get us a bag of chips. He wouldn't even pull us a decent third line center. With his salary, we would like have to retain and we can't can't afford it. That said, there is a sucker born every minute.

My thought move him to wing.Sully thinks enough of him to send him out on a shoot out.

Letang's lack of improvement since his return is frustrating to say the least. He can still skate but his decision making is worse than ever. Move him, no way. His trade might get us a bag of chips. He wouldn't even pull us a decent third line center. With his salary, we would like have to retain and we can't can't afford it. That said, there is a sucker born every minute.

My thought move him to wing.Sully thinks enough of him to send him out on a shoot out.

Letang has always had mental issues in a hockey sense. His athleticism has always gotten him by on the ice.
Given his injury last season, it's safe to say he's still hesitant. He's not going anywhere soon though. He can play like an all-star at times.