• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I saw my first game as a little kid, 67-68 if I remember correctly. They were fun to watch in those days, just played bad hockey. Then came Mario and then Sid. These are good times and I'm enjoying it.

WBS and general scouting have sustained the success. Add a few well timed trades and JR keeps us rolling on. We still have 5-6 guys at WBS that could move up and help in the future.
Everyone knows about Sprong. Some of the others are Quinney, Dea, Bentsson and Simon. Great to have all the potential down there.

The better play well against Buffalo. Driving 2+ hours for a bad game sucks !

I think Dea and Sprong will be Pittsburgh mainstays down the line.
Other guys who impress me are Derek Army(WBS/Wheeling) Cody Wydo(Wheeling).

So the talent reserves are there. I think the coaching at the AHL/ECHL levels are great too

4 seconds into the PP and now 4 on 4.
C'mon boys!

Hmm. Maybe.
The Pens website says nhln and the local feeds. (AT&T, etc)

It's on NBC sports Washington...******* blacked it out on me,but have it on nhl network. I don't have that...haha..oh well.

Reactions: MTC
Oshie didn't like getting hit lol. Goes and tries to retaliate.
For those who cannot watch.

-Reaves fight. Good win. Called out Wilson on his way to the box
- PP opportunities --- still too much passing.
- Dumo went down. Took a hard hit(clean)

******* 5 on 5 is bad atm.
- plus side is there has been some offensive pressure

3-1 Caps. I think that's game. Caps are just smacking the Pens around strategically and physically

I got the updates, but that's it. Who was in the net?

I got the updates, but that's it. Who was in the net?

Murray for Pitt
Holtby for Wash

I thought both teams played crappy 5 v 5 hockey.
The Caps were able to take advantage of the PP opportunities.

They bullied the Pens physically as well, which kinda threw the Pens off their game.

Tonight was beyond awful. Murray saved the game from becoming truly embarrassing. The game got slightly physical, we stopped playing our game and folded.

Pass, Pass, Pass on the PP. Shoot the damn puck ! Doesn't anyone want a goal ?

5 on 5 was some of the most uninspired hockey I have seen this team play. Sid must be pouting because he has been invisible.

Letang's head is so far up his *** that he may never see light of day. The 4:00 was completely ridiculous and unnecessary. His strength for years was creating a quality first pass. Either out of our zone or into the opponents. I haven't seen him get it right in the last 4 games.

Up until tonight I've been positive. Saying it's a long season....They'll get it together.... The schedule is brutal. I hope Sully finds a way to reach them on the way to Nashville.

Rant over ! I'll be better after I sleep this game off.

Don't put too much thought into the loss Uncle Ben.
It is a long season, and the team is going through the motions atm.

Only complaint is Letang right now

Don't put too much thought into the loss Uncle Ben.
It is a long season, and the team is going through the motions atm.

Only complaint is Letang right now

Injuries have forced him to play too many minutes. His physical attributes have always covered his suspect decision making. I'd like to see him dropped to around 20 minutes or so and see where his recovery really is. Overall his mental game is killing us. Your not going to win regularly when your #1 D and #1 C combine for a minus 30.

The way Sid is playing reminds me of just before Sully came.

Hopefully we rise to the occasion tonight and deal with Buffalo Tuesday.

they are playing at 3 qtrs speed like they always do during the regular season grind - just showing up trying to not get hurt - call me again in January

Injuries have forced him to play too many minutes. His physical attributes have always covered his suspect decision making. I'd like to see him dropped to around 20 minutes or so and see where his recovery really is. Overall his mental game is killing us. Your not going to win regularly when your #1 D and #1 C combine for a minus 30.

The way Sid is playing reminds me of just before Sully came.

Hopefully we rise to the occasion tonight and deal with Buffalo Tuesday.

Always want them to win. But the early season losses are not worrisome.
Given the amount of hockey these guys have played the past two seasons, they know when to turn it on.

I always tune in win or lose. Keep your head up though. The mental mistakes can be frustrating.
But that's the great thing about the Pens is their mistakes can be easily corrected.

The team will be fine

Pens and Preds are smacking each other around. Great game. D looks better too.
Preds on the PP. Sheary/Sharry to the box

Short handed goal by Rust.
There ya go.
Liking the vibe of this game. Nashville crowd is energetic. Both teams have a hatred for each other.

Short handed goal by Rust.
There ya go.
Liking the vibe of this game. Nashville crowd is energetic. Both teams have a hatred for each other.

Yeah the catfish rubbed me wrong last year. Maybe it's the fact they just steal other people's stuff...towels, throwing catfish on the ice..see redwings...they're unoriginal.

I see Jarry is in. Let's see if he can keep Murray's scoreless streak alive vs these clowns.

Yeah the catfish rubbed me wrong last year. Maybe it's the fact they just steal other people's stuff...towels, throwing catfish on the ice..see redwings...they're unoriginal.

I see Jarry is in. Let's see if he can keep Murray's scoreless streak alive vs these clowns.

The whole NBC hyping Nashville's crowd got me a little annoyed. Felt like a weird atmosphere. Nashville didn't really bother me until the whole PK Subban shindig. Lol. But as a fan, if he can bring the best out of Sid. Go on ahead.

And yes Jarry is holding up. Errey was saying he looked like he hurt his hand. Didn't show the replay, but he's doing good.
Pens are cycling good when they are in the offensive zone. Good play and sustained pressure by Sid's line as usual.

McKegg, Kunhackle and Reaves are brining some much needed physicality while skating. Feeling good tonight

Pens getting too chippy. Settle the emotion guys.