• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I like Ian Cole. Honestly, I thought he has been hurt. Not sure what he can bring back in return, but I'm surprised he is being shopped. Haven't been impressed with Letang and Reeves is just a big body eating up 3 or 4 shifts that occasionally fights. I think there are other players I would dangle out there before Cole, but I know little to nothing what goes behind the scenes.

Cole is in the last year of his contract and I doubt the Pens could afford him next year. This sucks because he has played well and continues to improve. I'll wait for the move but I'm not liking it.

Between the Pens and Steelers I almost had a meltdown.

Yea, it was mentioned this morning that they couldn't afford him after the year, so he would walk. Plus, there are needs to be filled like 3rd line center. Can't keep everyone.

He's off mentally.

He's playing like he's afraid he'll get hurt. Trading Cole would be moronic along the lines of bringing in Ryan Reaves. I would be trying to trade Letang right now. Cole is more valuable to the team at this moment.

Last edited:
Plus, there are needs to be filled like 3rd line center. Can't keep everyone.

This is a good point as the Pens are getting absolutely nothing from the bottom six. Our bottom six is much worse defensively, and there is little if any offensive production. Penalty killing has really suffered too. Pens are at or near the bottom in penalty killing.

Murray is "week to week" according to Sully. Got to lean on Jarry. Good to give him more experience with the Big Club.

Murray is "week to week" according to Sully. Got to lean on Jarry. Good to give him more experience with the Big Club.

I never been a Jarry fan but he is proving me wrong. I guess we'll find out what he's made of ? Horrible time to trade your best shot blocker.

Reactions: MTC
I never been a Jarry fan but he is proving me wrong. I guess we'll find out what he's made of ? Horrible time to trade your best shot blocker.

I hope Jarry keeps proving you and everyone wrong, including me. Yea, it may be wise to keep Cole for a bit, but they have sat him so he doesn't get hurt, as I don't expect him to see any ice anytime soon.

He's playing like he's afraid he'll get hurt. Trading Cole would be moronic along the lines of bringing in Ryan Reaves. I would be trying to trade Letang right now. Cole is more valuable to the team at this moment.

Letang is hesitant in everything.
And agreed

The way this years team is looking they won't make it out of the 1st rd of the playoffs

This truly sucks

it's almost laughable that so many are condemning the Pens choice to leave Flower go instead of Murray in the Expansion Draft, even though Murray is 10 years younger, $3+M cheaper and MAF has only played in four game for LV. I love(d) MAF as anyone, but this injury was not MM's fault and I think they can hold down the fort with Jarry for a handful of games.

Last edited:
Honestly, Jarry hasn't looked bad. Sure there have been lapses but Flower had them too. The D will help him out by blocking more shots. Then we'll lose another D to injury. It's an ugly circle.

If Jarry is ever going to be anything. This is the time to step up. I'm rooting for him........ not like there is a choice.

If it's any consolation, Fleury has been out for over a month with a concussion

If it's any consolation, Fleury has been out for over a month with a concussion

That sucks. He's a hell of a goalie, and he did have a concussion 2 years ago to start the playoffs. If he knew it was a possible future issue, kudos to him helping the Pens by waiving his no trade clause. He's a true penguin through and through!

That sucks. He's a hell of a goalie, and he did have a concussion 2 years ago to start the playoffs. If he knew it was a possible future issue, kudos to him helping the Pens by waiving his no trade clause. He's a true penguin through and through!

Yeah. I remember his concussion a couple years ago.
Vegas is still chugging along without him though. That team is fun to watch.

Hope the Pens can put in a good performance against them soon

Honestly, Jarry hasn't looked bad. Sure there have been lapses but Flower had them too. The D will help him out by blocking more shots. Then we'll lose another D to injury. It's an ugly circle.

If Jarry is ever going to be anything. This is the time to step up. I'm rooting for him........ not like there is a choice.

I'm high on Jarry. He just needs a few W's to boost his confidence. Pretty evident how athletic of a goalie he is on some some of his saves.
Definitely some very high potential. Murray is usually a mental rock. He doesn't let of frustration or anything. Idk if he was injured prior to tonights game, maybe fatigue, but Murray has been letting in some soft goals. Hope his injury gives him a mental rest as well. If any he can use some downtime. Losing sucks, but the guys are still in a position where they don't have to panic

Penalty shot by Kunhackle and Sid banks in on a turnover.
Pens over the Sabres 2-0.

Wrap around by Guentzel up 3-0.
End of the 1st. A lot of pressure by the Pens tonight.
Jarry is playing solid, quick puck clearing and good forechecking. Pens need to do this consistently

Jarry just looks good. That's all. Nice to have that in the net.

Mrs. Fan and I are watching Hunwick #22. Guy has solid game. Glad to have him.

Reactions: MTC