• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AFC Championship Game.

I hope you are right Stewey on your trend predictions.
I don't care how, when, why or where - as long as Bengals lose I am happy. Living just outside of Cincy the cries of "the refs suck and gave the game to the Chiefs" are loud and deafening today. It is fantastic to witness this meltdown.

I could lend you my "Sixburgh" shirt. That will make you extra popular.

You can witness it here any Sunday that the Steelers lose. The refs usually get some blame, but it's Tomlin and Canada taking the brunt of the criticism.

That **** even happens in game and when we have the lead…………………

Salute the nation

Well you know what "The Standard" is? Fall below it for too long and the natives get restless.

I guess in another 20-30 years nobody will ever know or remember anything about it.

Well you know what "The Standard" is? Fall below it for too long and the natives get restless.

I guess in another 20-30 years nobody will ever know or remember anything about it.
Don't piss me off like that. I'm old and remember the 80's.
****, I've seen more than one post in the FB groups saying that the Steelers have only had three head coaches in their history.
I always ask "Do people say that Chuck Noll won his Super Bowls with Bill Nixon's players?" and it's always met with silence because they don't know WTF I'm talking about.

Don't piss me off like that. I'm old and remember the 80's.
****, I've seen more than one post in the FB groups saying that the Steelers have only had three head coaches in their history.
I always ask "Do people say that Chuck Noll won his Super Bowls with Bill Nixon's players?" and it's always met with silence because they don't know WTF I'm talking about.
lets be clear. that only works when it comes to Tomlin and Cowher players. no one else

lets be clear. that only works when it comes to Tomlin and Cowher players. no one else
I get it.
FWIW, Noll had 5 of Nixon's players left in 1974 (Rocky Bleier, Andy Russell, Bobby Walden, Ray Mansfield, Sam Davis), Cowher had none of Noll's players in 2005, and Tomlin had 35 of Cowher's players and most of his coaching staff in 2008.
Dick Hoak was a RB on the 1968 team and RB coach in 1974 and was still the RB coach in 2005. He is 5th in career rushing yards with the Steelers.

Last edited:
I get it.
FWIW, Noll had 5 of Nixon's players left in 1974 (Rocky Bleier, Andy Russell, Bobby Walden, Ray Mansfield, Sam Davis), Cowher had none of Noll's players in 2005, and Tomlin had 35 of Cowher's players and most of his coaching staff in 2008.

My memory isn’t nearly as good as it use to be, but YOU nailed it here. Cowher went on to a second SB, that he won with 100% his own players. Imagine if Cowher would have had that elusive FRANCHISE QB his entire career………

Salute the nation

I maintained radio silence at work today. Our local owner is a Bengals season ticket holder and had us sponsor Kenn Broo's sports radio show all week for the Bengal's. I am well known as the annoying Steelers fan. I was eliminated from the Ugly sweater contest at the Christmas party last year for my Steelers Ugly sweater being to ugly that it wasn't fair to everyone else lol.

My memory isn’t nearly as good as it use to be, but YOU nailed it here. Cowher went on to a second SB, that he won with 100% his own players. Imagine if Cowher would have had that elusive FRANCHISE QB his entire career………
He might have, except that he hired a couple of nimrods at OC while Kordell was here. Sherman and Gilbride make Canaduh look like an F'ing Don Coryell.
Just because I'm critical of Shades doesn't mean I think Chin was great or better. Chin at least had the good sense to fire coaches who sucked. Shades has never fired anyone as far as I recall.

I maintained radio silence at work today. Our local owner is a Bengals season ticket holder and had us sponsor Kenn Broo's sports radio show all week for the Bengal's. I am well known as the annoying Steelers fan. I was eliminated from the Ugly sweater contest at the Christmas party last year for my Steelers Ugly sweater being to ugly that it wasn't fair to everyone else lol.

I feel for yaz man, the UGLY sweater was pure GOLD……..

Could care less about bungles fans misfortunes. When Marvin Lewis was coaching and getting the “HOODS” players, I really lost all respect for those ****-ing ***-holes.

Salute the nation

He might have, except that he hired a couple of nimrods at OC while Kordell was here. Sherman and Gilbride make Canaduh look like an F'ing Don Coryell.
Just because I'm critical of Shades doesn't mean I think Chin was great or better. Chin at least had the good sense to fire coaches who sucked. Shades has never fired anyone as far as I recall.

I hear yaz on this as well. Sherman was bad, I mean real bad. O’Canada’s first year was pretty bad as well, I call it a toss up or close to it. Gil ride needed his as kicked more out of the stadium, because he was a ******* idiot (talk about square peg round hole).

Thanks for the memory lane Ron, now I can sleep well………………

Salute the nation

I hear yaz on this as well. Sherman was bad, I mean real bad. O’Canada’s first year was pretty bad as well, I call it a toss up or close to it. Gil ride needed his as kicked more out of the stadium, because he was a ******* idiot (talk about square peg round hole).

Thanks for the memory lane Ron, now I can sleep well………………

Salute the nation
When our WR Coach abruptly died right before the season a few years ago… Tomlin brought Ray Sherman back for a season as a wr coach… lol… i was semi worried that he would illogically try to convert all the Wrs to “pocket passcatchers”…

When our WR Coach abruptly died right before the season a few years ago… Tomlin brought Ray Sherman back for a season as a wr coach… lol… i was semi worried that he would illogically try to convert all the Wrs to “pocket passcatchers”…

I really couldn’t wrap my head around that move. I understand that there was not a lot to chose from but I’m pretty sure there was better available, to chose from. Tomlin got his comfortable, not smarter than him, man.

Salute the nation

I'm on my laptop using my external monitor to show the game...
That sounds like a great setup! Using your external monitor for gaming can enhance the experience. If you ever need a break from the laptop screen, remember there are also free, laptop options available through certain programs or initiatives.

what kind of thread necromancy is this?

That sounds like a great setup! Using your external monitor for gaming can enhance the experience. If you ever need a break from the laptop screen, remember there are also free, laptop options available through certain programs or initiatives.

Welcome to the forum AI spambot!

Sherman was relieved mid-season, something Tomlin couldn’t do until mandated by the higher ups (Regardless of what Tomlin said on this).

Salute the nation