• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AFC Championship Game.

eagles are heavy analytics. Analytics draft OL and DL and only fill in the rest later. One of the lowest priorities is off the ball LB so don't expect any ILB drafted high, unless Tomlin overrules.

Let's hope Weidl was responsible for drafting the OL and not the guy who took Jalen Raegor over Justin Jefferson
I read that the other day that Steelers are headed in that direction with analytics.
Maybe Andy’s influence!

Handlily?

Not so sure about that..... :unsure: :rolleyes::pound:

Handily. The rats blow. Lamar won't be back. The Browns are dysfunctional **** ups and the Bengals are too ******* dumb to fix the line after 3 years of getting their quarterbacks head bashed in.

I definitely see a down year coming,then Joe will get that monster contract. Then it gets fun with the cap.

This should be a complete *** kicking by the Bungles Defense on Mahomes & the Chefs! I'm no Bungles fan but I can't stand Travis Kelce he's the biggest ******* cry baby in pro sports since Paul O'Neill on the Yankees!

:ROFLMAO: F the Bungles and while we are at it F the Cleveland Skid Marks as well just for good measure. It's a great day, the Bungles actually thought they had a shot at the end..LOL...all I could think of was Dieter from Sprockets the SNL sketch character " Their pain was gorgeous.."

took me a minute to realize you meant Tune

I've seen him picked all over the place, but it will take a great showing at the Senior Bowl and Combine to get him off the board earlier than that
****! Sorry, I meant to say Tune and not Toon. Anyway, good article on Tune.

Goodnight boys! I’m footballed out!

I have a gut feeling that Tomlin will want to go with Peezy’s kid with the first pick. I hope not! I’d rather go best OL or DL at that spot.
depending on who is there I might be okay with that

I'm drinking the tears. Especially the well it was a good season and he played a good game otherwise. **** that. It was about a stupid of a loss as you could have. Mahomes was crippled. He didn't look like he could throw 15 yards in the end. The Bungles completely shat the bed. Haha.

Next year is probably the last year the bengals get away with not paying Burrow big bucks. Actually, Burrow would be justified in holding out before next year.

Burrow should wait until some sucker breaks the bank for Lamar then tell the Bengals to add a few million onto that.
Burrow is probably going to ask for 60 mil per…
You figure contracts right now in the 200-210 million dollar cap market are getting qbs 40-50 million averages per year.. the cap will be at or over 300 by the end of burrows next contract… him asking for 60 mil per wound be in like with typical qb percentages of the cap… he is cocky enough to do it I think…

Im with Coolie on the Bengals thing.. **** that team …. It was born out of spite and it’s legacy is failure and hate… screw the Browns younger, more brain damaged cousin… let them wallow in failure… they were acting worse than the 94 steelers in sheer arrogance… KC called them out after the game

Burrow is probably going to ask for 60 mil per…
You figure contracts right now in the 200-210 million dollar cap market are getting qbs 40-50 million averages per year.. the cap will be at or over 300 by the end of burrows next contract… him asking for 60 mil per wound be in like with typical qb percentages of the cap… he is cocky enough to do it I think…
It's not a matter of "cocky enough", he'd be stupid NOT to do it. And guess what? If by the grace of God our beloved Kenny raises his game and performance to the level of the Burrows and Mahomes and Allens of the league, he'll eventually be expecting pretty much the same as well.

Next year is probably the last year the bengals get away with not paying Burrow big bucks. Actually, Burrow would be justified in holding out before next year.
I dont see him holding out. But yeah, he'll br expecting a new contract after next year for sure

Handily. The rats blow. Lamar won't be back. The Browns are dysfunctional **** ups and the Bengals are too ******* dumb to fix the line after 3 years of getting their quarterbacks head bashed in.

I definitely see a down year coming,then Joe will get that monster contract. Then it gets fun with the cap.
The bengals line was actually playing decent until they suffered multiple injuries at the end of the season/beginning of playoffs. Joe will play another year on his rookie contract, so I doubt they have a down year. Bengals likely win the North with little resistance. Hope we can at least split with them again.

Holding was not called

Holding was not called

Meh on the last play, when you break it down, there was a hold that could have been called but it wasn’t where the Bengal fans were seeing it and it wasn’t as bad as they seem to think.

At the point it was a hold he would have been chasing the play, and they don’t call those late unless it obviously was affecting the play…

I mean we would be pissed too, so I’d let them have it, but those imbeciles trying to excuse away that hit out of bounds are so stupid that it negates any sympathy anyone should have for the bengals fans… (which is always none, by the way)…

First if all they are passing around a tweet that talks about it only being a “light shove” and how Mahomes embellished it … and rationalizing that it wasn’t bad enough to call…

A.) a late hit out of bounds is a penalty regardless of severity
B.) mahomes was WAAAY out of bounds when the contact happened…. And he wasn’t trying to advance it up the sideline or anything…it simply borderline hit where the defender had any excuse
C.) it was a shove from behind… there is a reason blocks in the back are so dangerous there is a rule against them… yeah he was a ball carrier, and there aren’t rules against that in bounds, but the dangers are the same.. go watch the sean spense injury back in the day to see why

To sum up… Bengal fans are stupid, **** the Bengals…

The bengals line was actually playing decent until they suffered multiple injuries at the end of the season/beginning of playoffs. Joe will play another year on his rookie contract, so I doubt they have a down year. Bengals likely win the North with little resistance. Hope we can at least split with them again.

Their line still cost them Burrow getting his acl torn, any chance at a superbowl win and this AFCCG.

A little luck being healthy at the end of the season plays a big role as well.

I'm assuming the Steelers make a big jump next year. It's completely wishful thinking.
That would mean the coaches all suddenly become brilliant tactical generals that push the team into becoming this well oiled winning football machine.

Then I wake up to reality.

I do think the Steelers will stay the course with more of a power running game. We will find that out when they draft.

There was a really small person that got completed destroyed against the bench by 58 from the Bengals. That's how far the play was out of bounds. Lets get real here , the Chiefs are the big deal team now. They are gonna get some calls here at home in a game like that. If the Bengals hang around long enough so will they. The play out of bounds was not one of them. That is on his stupidity and selfishness alone.