• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

After 3 games, what is our biggest positional need?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Id dont really have a clear opinion…

The Oline hasn’t been great at all… but I feel like that is scheme more than anything.. id say Tackle, but Jones is on the bench ready to go… maybe an upgrade at C… but I don’t think anyone better than Cole is available… and he is OK..

WR is fine and we are getting DJ back soon

TE is deep and underused

RB just needs a fixed oline

On D we could use a consistently impactful DL… but Heyward will be back in the second half for tge stretch and Benton is already beginning to move up the impact charts..

The Olbs are great.
The ILBs are fine and Robinson is progressing nicely
The Safeties are solid to spectacular… no need there
The CBs have been extremely inconsistent but that is a position that should solidify once communication issues are addressed and Porter replaces Wallace or Peterson full time on the edge..

… i don’t really think an upgrade is a necessity in any one spot…

Wide receiver. Pickens may be a legit #1 but unless CA3 steps up or DJ overcomes the drops we still need a solid WR to dilute the coverage.

Wide receiver. Pickens may be a legit #1 but unless CA3 steps up or DJ overcomes the drops we still need a solid WR to dilute the coverage.
DJ's hamstring magically cured itself when CA3 caught that TD

Going with center as well.... followed by guard

DE
RT
CB
C
WR

Mine might shock a few but I think Cam isn't long and the team needs a replacement. I think a RT upgrade can come in 2.

Side chick…oh wait, Steelers right.
I think they need to reevaluate center. Some reason, Cole is getting pushed back quite a bit vs last year.
Second corner. This all you’re going to get out of Pat Pete. He is still making some plays but he is getting exploited.
Defensive Tackle. Need to consider beefing up, next year also could be the last year we see 97 in black and gold. Benton has promise, Obiwangunjobi isn’t going to last, Adams is solid, but you need another up and coming stud.

DE
RT
CB
C
WR

Mine might shock a few but I think Cam isn't long and the team needs a replacement. I think a RT upgrade can come in 2.

I was speaking more of in season needs, but yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me to see us take the Jenkins kid at DT next first round due to his bloodlines…
I think they may trade one or both starting T’s next offseason, especially if they love Cook… and you don’t keep a second super inexperienced tackle on an active roster if you don’t really like him…

Is this heading into next season? I'd look for a future CB1/2 to pair with JPJ or another IDL with Heyward aging. Dominate the trenches on defense. On offense, I'd like to see an upgrade at center. The interior should be very good with the guards they have now, but I agree the scheme is holding the players back.

I just read your last post. I agree there aren't any major in-season needs, they just need to scheme it up better.

Last edited:
Benton isn't quite the monstar that is Captain Cam but he is looking good. Very exciting.

CB is our biggest need, to me.

Is this heading into next season? I'd look for a future CB1/2 to pair with JPJ or another IDL with Heyward aging. Dominate the trenches on defense. On offense, I'd like to see an upgrade at center. The interior should be very good with the guards they have now, but I agree the scheme is holding the players back.

I just read your last post. I agree there aren't any major in-season needs, they just need to scheme it up better.
In the draft next year, I would prioritize a DT or CB in the first and second, unless a stud C is available…
I think we probably target RB and WR in the mid rounds. Honestly they probably could just go bpa… it just depends on how leal benton and loudermilk look and how Trice rehabs…

I don’t think they will go Qb high, but i bet they grab a fifth/ sixth round one as a development guy…

Benton isn't quite the monstar that is Captain Cam but he is looking good. Very exciting.

CB is our biggest need, to me.

Cam took 3 years to start… though that was probably because they didn’t want to bench Hood…

OC, DC, HC and majority owner. I’ll settle for just two if it can happen, dealers choice.

The DL guys have to make their cases RIGHT NOW as Cam is unavailable.
I think Trice is going to surprise people next year.
They had a shot at a stud C, yet passed on him without a qualm, I really don’t think MT knows enough about OL play to truly evaluate that talent.

Last edited:
Right now...OL coach, then OC, then Wr coach.

Player position? Cb#2, ILB (coverage), Mike Hilton (Slot CB), Center. In order by draft: coverage ILB, Center, Cb#2, and then SLot Cb.

This season i don’t know if they need to make any player related move before the deadline…. Maybe if an injury happens or cam or DJ are behind schedule…

but I will tell you that Kahn ought to be hitting up the Broncos if they suck out loud a few more games…

They gave up a **** ton of picks for Wilson the past two drafts then sent another first and second out to get Sean Payton (imagine what Tomlin could bring lol) they need picks badly and Payton wants to rebuild the roster to fit his playstyle… its very possible they will be Fire selling pieces they don’t see as long term staples…We have some extra picks. We could get great value… a undervalued upgrade or injury replacement could be a real solid move…