• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ahmaud Arbery Murder

Practically same era in terms of comedy
Not really. 70s comedy was a lot more edgy than 80s. 80s was more parody...See Clark Griswold, Ghostbusters, Risky Business, Trading Places, 48 Hours, Great comedies but different. 70s comedy wasn't as worried about offending,,see Blazing Saddles, Slapshot, etc

I didn't watch the trial but it seems the neighbor who did the filming got punished for not really being involved in the murder. Without his video hard to say what would have happened.
I'm just glad the guilty are going to pay their DEBT to society. Which oddly, makes them better than you.

This is one of those paradoxes that happen in the legal system. Justice was done and the world is better off without the victim. The Jogger was NOT jogging 22 miles a day. He was a career criminal who was in that construction site undoubtedly casing the place for future thievery. The shooters were not acting in good faith or within the scope of the law and it is a good thing they will be going to prison.

See that’s the thing Tiborat, the city of Kenosha is run by a Democrat mayor that ordered the police to stand down for political reasons . When the government can’t or refuses to protect the citizens and their property vigilante action becomes inevitable and necessary.

Bingo! Just try that type of mob street violence down here in Florida. Your democrat elected officials should be held liable and accountable for all death,destruction and injury. They'll sacrifice your *** in a flash if it helps them politically. They're disgusting vile demonic creatures.

They should be the ones stripped of title and imprisoned.

70s brother, but yes I'm really glad I grew up when I did in the 70s/80s. Funny thing was I thought I grew up in an oppressive society. I compared it to my siblings who grew up in the late 60s/70s. What we have today is unreal. Make it go away...

What will really bake your noodle is that it's the Libs who are doing it and doing a great job out of taking all the fun out of..... everything.
"Radical ideas that oppose institutions eventually become institutions that oppose radical ideas." -- written on a toilet stall wall in my college dorm back in the early 80's.

Sometimes I have faith that 12 normal, everyday people just use common sense and get it right. Funny how the media doesn't give a **** about that.

I think both cases ended up exactly like they should have. There was no racism. No bias. The verdicts matched the legal definitions of what the laws are about. Laws certainly aren't perfect, but if you start trying to dole out "justice" based on feelings and which way the wind is blowing that week, I would think we all agree that is a lot worse than using strict definitions and legal precedent to direct juries on how to decide verdicts.

It's unfortunate so many think this last bastion of sanity (a jury trial) left in our republic is somehow a bad thing. I would argue it's much better than any other branch of our government right now.

This is one of those paradoxes that happen in the legal system. Justice was done and the world is better off without the victim. The Jogger was NOT jogging 22 miles a day. He was a career criminal who was in that construction site undoubtedly casing the place for future thievery. The shooters were not acting in good faith or within the scope of the law and it is a good thing they will be going to prison.

What made him a "career criminal"? He had a couple of incidents in the past - does that mean anyone who has had interactions with police or has been arrested at any point is now a career criminal? Do people get to change or no?

So, just say you didn't get all the actual details of the case with the same "He was casing the place" argument that people spew. It wasn't proven, and the owner even stated nothing was missing from the property and he thought that Ahmaud was likely getting a drink of water from a spigot on site. Also, he wasn't the only person to go on that property - video showed many people had gone on the property checking things out. I guess all of them were casing the place, or is it just the black guy. To be clear - several people that lived in Satilla Shores testified they had seen Ahmaud jogging through the neighborhood several times - one could even say fairly regularly.

What made him a "career criminal"? He had a couple of incidents in the past - does that mean anyone who has had interactions with police or has been arrested at any point is now a career criminal? Do people get to change or no?

So, just say you didn't get all the actual details of the case with the same "He was casing the place" argument that people spew. It wasn't proven, and the owner even stated nothing was missing from the property and he thought that Ahmaud was likely getting a drink of water from a spigot on site. Also, he wasn't the only person to go on that property - video showed many people had gone on the property checking things out. I guess all of them were casing the place, or is it just the black guy. To be clear - several people that lived in Satilla Shores testified they had seen Ahmaud jogging through the neighborhood several times - one could even say fairly regularly.
His criminal record made him a career criminal. Being on felony probation, getting convicted of carrying a fire arm on school property, things like that. The fact that he was 11 miles by the shortest route by from where he lived and its doubtful that he ran a marathon on his daily jogs. You know things like that.

"Radical ideas that oppose institutions eventually become institutions that oppose radical ideas." -- written on a toilet stall wall in my college dorm back in the early 80's.
I good enlightening dump every once in a while, is a good thing. You were well educated.

His criminal record made him a career criminal. Being on felony probation, getting convicted of carrying a fire arm on school property, things like that. The fact that he was 11 miles by the shortest route by from where he lived and its doubtful that he ran a marathon on his daily jogs. You know things like that.
Let's see - he was charged in 2013 with carrying a gun to a basketball game at high school and received 5 years probation. In 2017 a cop approached him sitting in his car because the area was considered a "drug area" and requested to search his car, he refused and cop tried to tase him. Both parties on that one seemed over the top, I saw the video. Then there was shoplifting in 2018. He was also diagnosed with some form of schizophrenia and was supposedly on medication for that. While these are completely stupid and criminal - I'm not sure this classifies someone as a "career criminal". People do stupid **** all the time that puts them at odds with the law and that doesn't mean said person can't change. He doesn't have a huge laundry list of constant criminal activity to justify calling him what you did.

Also, the neighborhood Ahmaud lived in with his mother was 2 miles from Satilla Shores and he was seen frequently jogging through that area. The video of him going on the property shows that he went to where there were water sources at the front and back - cameras weren't set to capture the actual areas, but, as stated in the trial, the video shows him going towards a water source and when he walks back into view it can be seen that he wipes his mouth and then continues to jog off. The property owner even stated that NOTHING was taken and that even he thought that Ahmaud was just stopping there to get some water.

Of course, with video showing many others going on the same property - sometimes at night - in your mind he was the one casing the property.