• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Allegedly, Picket Refused to Back Up Rudolph

Mason is my biggest concern going into Saturdays critical match up .

I get a strange feeling we might see another forth quarter victory by number 8.
He seldom beats the Steelers when he plays. Doubt he will do it from the bench

I am more impressed each week with the OC combo. Not saying we should hand them the job but they are better than what we had for 4 years and they haven’t even installed their own system yet.

NOT arguing with yaz, but what makes you think they can come up with a legitimate offense…… They’ve been exposed to O’Canada’s for so long. Add in the fact that they are use to Coach Tomlin’s conservative approach that they may only be a Tomlin extension.

The need for outside help is real, not a promotion from within. Imagine real route trees and blocking schemes.

Granted, the offense has come to life in comparison to the old offense. I also think MASON has a lot to do with the new breath of life as well. It’s a combination of several factors, Sullivan will probably be gone at season end so Faulkner will be solo and I’m totally wanting new blood.

Time will determine all this, it’s our patience that is teased.

Salute the nation

I somewhat agree. I do question this season though. If Mitch was played because of say salary then a certain head coach missed the boat. One thing for sure is Rudy should have been given a chance a game or two before he actually was green lighted.

You know how it is said at times that certain QBs have a feel for the game, certain players are simply instinctive?

One of Mike's biggest flaws is he doesn't know when to pull the trigger. Timeouts, when to pull a player, when to change up a scheme, or a game plan. That three game losing streak frontlined these issues. Different players doing well elsewhere adds to this belief as well. Waiting until injuries to insert player B over player A isn't putting your best players onto the field. Bringing back Canada isn't putting your players in the best position to succeed.

So in these instances he did the team dirty and the fans dirty watching this Groundhog Day of repetitious mediocrity.

If you are incapable of timely, your team will time and time again not achieve things to a level that we all desire....

That is absolutely his biggest flaw. Tomlin doesn't know when to pull the trigger. The Steelers have a coach with like no football instincts.

NOT arguing with yaz, but what makes you think they can come up with a legitimate offense…… They’ve been exposed to O’Canada’s for so long. Add in the fact that they are use to Coach Tomlin’s conservative approach that they may only be a Tomlin extension.

The need for outside help is real, not a promotion from within. Imagine real route trees and blocking schemes.

Granted, the offense has come to life in comparison to the old offense. I also think MASON has a lot to do with the new breath of life as well. It’s a combination of several factors, Sullivan will probably be gone at season end so Faulkner will be solo and I’m totally wanting new blood.

Time will determine all this, it’s our patience that is teased.

Salute the nation
I disagree as we looked better immediately with Kenny against the Bengals and even in the first half against the Cards for the most part. I would rather see an outside hire unless we make the playoffs and win a game or two then they maybe earn a spot. I am just saying they have already been better than Fichtner or Canada when either Pickett or Mason played. not so much with Mitch the *****.

Mason is doing very well by my standards right now. In the past my take was that if he had to come in when Ben got hurt he did okay, but when he knew he was starting and had all week to think about it then he wasn’t as good.
Will the Ravens rest their starters on defense?

if they do, and the playoff game comes with Rudy behind center then i fear this could look like a Tim Tebow situation.

Meh, My concerns havent changed. Im not sold that tge Oline can pass block well vs a team actually trying to rush the passer.

The Bengals didnt even try... their pressure percentage was single digits... and the Seahawks were preoccupied with trying to stop the run... they also really didnt come after Rudolph very much. Their pass rush stats were halved.. when they came, they had some success... but mostly they were really struggling to stop the run and that was their primary focus.

The Ravens line is still going to be mostly intact.. its their secondary thats in shambles.. Harbaugh tends to get blitz happy ...

Rudolph is absolutely trying to show he can stand tall in the pocket too much... he is going to get killed.. Pickett or Mitch might do tge same trying to prove a point... I could see us losing multiple QBs if we arent careful..

I’m hoping with our running game, we can control the clock and keep their “D” from solely rushing the passer.

We are going to have to hit some screens / draw plays / and of course that play action pass as well.

Might be able to continue to use the pass to back off the rush.

If anytime was the time for Najee to go BEAST MODE, this game will be hit. Hard Physical and secure.

Salute the nation