• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Allegedly, Picket Refused to Back Up Rudolph

I listen to DK. He stated it was not true that Pickett refused to dress, unless I missed something.

It’s possible I miss understood him too, I listen to him on his Daily Shot Steelers. I apologize if my bad.

Salute the nation

i do not, actually.

After 5 years with the several separate times when Mason stepped in because of injury, he was given all the chances in the world to show he was a a great qb, a really good qb.... or maybe able to play and score at Ben's level. He didn't. And after several stints even the fans knew, he couldn't.

Mason didn't play god-awful but he was consistently mediocre. Even in the games that the Steelers had to win and the coaching staff let Mason off the leash, he just didn't have it in him.
But wasn't every QB consistently mediocre in the scheme we were running? Ben really only did well in it when he said **** off I am running this **** myself.

Most of those successful QB's had good coaching. Lets see what happens.

Has our coaching changed ? Enough to elevate Kenny to where he needs to be…?

Unless we get a big EXIT of coaching, not much is going to change, except a couple names.

Salute the nation

After 5 years with the several separate times when Mason stepped in because of injury, he was given all the chances in the world to show he was a a great qb, a really good qb.... or maybe able to play and score at Ben's level. He didn't. And after several stints even the fans knew, he couldn't.

Mason didn't play god-awful but he was consistently mediocre. Even in the games that the Steelers had to win and the coaching staff let Mason off the leash, he just didn't have it in him.
I agree with this: after getting some ample chances, Mason did not look like he "could get the job done." But hindsight is 20-20 as they say. Since that time:

1.) They realized comparing Mason's production to a 1st-time vote HOF QB may have been asking a little much. How many QBs would look good in comparison to a legit HOF QB in Big Ben? 1 out of 100?

2.) We have heard so much lately about giving a QB some time to develop (in Kenny''s case). Maybe, just Maybe, Mason needed a little more seasoning and maturity to excel.

I know a lot has been said about the 2 teams Mason has faced so far, in terms of having weak Ds, and maybe there is some truth there. But so far, he has showcased skills that neither Mitch nor Kenny could even dream of so far. Let's face it: not every team Mitch/Kenny has faced had dominating Ds themselves, yet did they put up 30 points, twice? Kenny had a decent game vs. Cinci but still only put up his average for the year: 16 PPG. Yea, I know, I know: "But if not for the drop or bad call, Kenny would have..." Mason didn't need any excuses, he just put up 30, 34 points.

OR, it is the truth. One side is damage control, the other side speaks what happened. Up to us, as individual to decipher.

Their notable source are saying it’s true, DK Sports is one such source. I think Justin (site owner) also said it to be true.

It’s not what people do, some may but you act as if anyone that disputes your opinion is wrong and just bashing……..

Salute the nation

I can't wait to watch some pound sand when Kenny starts day one next year.

Huh? Have you not watched any games??? The Pickett haters are have crossed into PDS (Picket Derangement syndrome).
Ummm, I think you are describing the "Kenny apologists" here as far as "derangement" goes. According to the apologists, Kenny's woeful passing #s are all just an illusion to a "great" QB. How he is great, those of us based in reality are not sure.

Kenny is statistically worse than 32nd in QB play. In case you're not aware, there are only 32 teams.

Ummm, I think you are describing the "Kenny apologists" here as far as "derangement" goes. According to the apologists, Kenny's woeful passing #s are all just an illusion to a "great" QB. How he is great, those of us based in reality are not sure.

Kenny is statistically worse than 32nd in QB play. In case you're not aware, there are only 32 teams.

He'll be starting next year with a new OC and won't be told to simply "not turn it over". Enjoy the rest of your life. No need to go back and forth with some of you clowns.

Huh? Have you not watched any games??? The Pickett haters are have crossed into PDS (Picket Derangement syndrome).
Stop.

George runs a drag route and Kenny sailed the ball 3 feet over his head for a for sure first down with a mile of YAC...

Everyone here was furious at the play.

Kenny is a ONE READ QB. Fact.

Don't waste your time Kentucky... They'll type anything from the comfort of their basements. 2 other clowns are claiming Caleb Williams "jumped into his mother's lap" when there was a railing between them.

There's an element here that strictly trolls. Ignore and block

I like Kenny and Mason. Who’d have guessed Mason would have a hot hand. It is a business all about winning. Might not feel fair to lose your gig because of injury but it is what it is. Just ask Tommy Maddox….

Stop.

George runs a drag route and Kenny sailed the ball 3 feet over his head for a for sure first down with a mile of YAC...

Everyone here was furious at the play.

Kenny is a ONE READ QB. Fact.

OMG! He mssed a throw!!!! He's made many more excellent ones. YOU stop with the childish nonsense. I don't do ingore but I cant take you seriously son we're done corresponing. Gonna be tough for you to watch him start game 1 next year. Stock up on Kleenex.

OMG! He mssed a throw!!!! He's made many more excellent ones. YOU stop with the childish nonsense. I don't do ingore but I cant take you seriously son we're done corresponing. Gonna be tough for you to watch him start game 1 next year. Stock up on Kleenex.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...rbacks-2023-rankings/a2b09569e4841b7950a2de65

35th rated QB when there are a total of 32 teams, but yea, Kenny is doing super great, IN YOUR DREAMS! The Kenny apologists are really pathetic; defending the 35th-rated QB as if he is something great. Wow, that is sad.

Like people did with Ben for years?
The one guy on this website that would know, said as much about Pickett. How does he go from cleared to play Thursday to not even dressing for the game.
I mean they explained it pretty simply, he didn't take snaps until late in the week like Thursday or Friday, so all week Rudolph was taking 1 snaps, and Trubisky taking 2 snaps. Because Kenny started taking snaps late, he preferred going into the game with Mitch as back up since he took the majority of the 2 snaps. Like I said when YOU WANT something to be true it just will be no matter what facts or truth are provided.

To throw your question back at you, how does someone refuse to be a backup one week only to immediately be given the backup role the next week? You think everyone would just act like that didn't happen?

I mean they explained it pretty simply, he didn't take snaps until late in the week like Thursday or Friday, so all week Rudolph was taking 1 snaps, and Trubisky taking 2 snaps. Because Kenny started taking snaps late, he preferred going into the game with Mitch as back up since he took the majority of the 2 snaps. Like I said when YOU WANT something to be true it just will be no matter what facts or truth are provided.

To throw your question back at you, how does someone refuse to be a backup one week only to immediately be given the backup role the next week? You think everyone would just act like that didn't happen?
Why didn't he dress as the emergency QB last week?

I haven't put much energy into figuring out the whole "refused to dress as backup" thing. It just doesn't matter, we are where we are.

Where we are is on the cusp of a playoff berth tomorrow night we could be scouting our first opponent and a win away from a reunion in Baltimore to destroy their dreams and people are arguing over nonsense and being childish trolls. Grown men

Has our coaching changed ? Enough to elevate Kenny to where he needs to be…?

Unless we get a big EXIT of coaching, not much is going to change, except a couple names.

Salute the nation
I am more impressed each week with the OC combo. Not saying we should hand them the job but they are better than what we had for 4 years and they haven’t even installed their own system yet.

I am more impressed each week with the OC combo. Not saying we should hand them the job but they are better than what we had for 4 years and they haven’t even installed their own system yet.
If they win tomorrow....and miraculously win a playoff game...

There will be no major changes....that's a gimme men..