• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Allegedly, Picket Refused to Back Up Rudolph

I believe he refused to dress if he wasn't starting
It's bullshit, anyone who believes this simply WANTS it to be true at this point, revealing their own bias. Cam called this rumor ridiculous, and Kuntz said it wasn't even worth addressing because of how ridiculous it was. People who hate Kenny are entitled to do so, but there is no reason to fabricate or continue to hold onto obviously fabricated storylines to show that hatred.

It's bullshit, anyone who believes this simply WANTS it to be true at this point, revealing their own bias. Cam called this rumor ridiculous, and Kuntz said it wasn't even worth addressing because of how ridiculous it was. People who hate Kenny are entitled to do so, but there is no reason to fabricate or continue to hold onto obviously fabricated storylines to show that hatred.

That's what some people do. They make crap up to try and destroy people they dont like. Sicko's.

awwww, another Kenny hater selectively deciding that the opinion of a guy that played the exact positiion, for the exact same team and won 4 superbowls "doesn't count". Some of you are hilarious and shameless. I was asked to provide 1 person. I did, and you just don't like it. Kick rocks.
A guy who thinks Bradshaw's opinion rules on QBs. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha. So why aren't former QBs the best scouts at drafting and coaching QBs if your little theory holds any water? Bradshaw must be the foremost authority on NFL QBs if your logic holds truth. What team is paying him for his opinion on incoming QB prospects in the NFL then? Is he on the Steelers scouting team to find the best QBs then? Why not? You got to love the polyhistors.

You don't think Rudolph was done dirty by Tomlin?
i do not, actually.

After 5 years with the several separate times when Mason stepped in because of injury, he was given all the chances in the world to show he was a a great qb, a really good qb.... or maybe able to play and score at Ben's level. He didn't. And after several stints even the fans knew, he couldn't.

Mason didn't play god-awful but he was consistently mediocre. Even in the games that the Steelers had to win and the coaching staff let Mason off the leash, he just didn't have it in him.

i do not, actually.

After 5 years with the several separate times when Mason stepped in because of injury, he was given all the chances in the world to show he was a a great qb, a really good qb.... or maybe able to play and score at Ben's level. He didn't. And after several stints even the fans knew, he couldn't.

Mason didn't play god-awful but he was consistently mediocre. Even in the games that the Steelers had to win and the coaching staff let Mason off the leash, he just didn't have it in him.

I somewhat agree. I do question this season though. If Mitch was played because of say salary then a certain head coach missed the boat. One thing for sure is Rudy should have been given a chance a game or two before he actually was green lighted.

You know how it is said at times that certain QBs have a feel for the game, certain players are simply instinctive?

One of Mike's biggest flaws is he doesn't know when to pull the trigger. Timeouts, when to pull a player, when to change up a scheme, or a game plan. That three game losing streak frontlined these issues. Different players doing well elsewhere adds to this belief as well. Waiting until injuries to insert player B over player A isn't putting your best players onto the field. Bringing back Canada isn't putting your players in the best position to succeed.

So in these instances he did the team dirty and the fans dirty watching this Groundhog Day of repetitious mediocrity.

If you are incapable of timely, your team will time and time again not achieve things to a level that we all desire....

That's what some people do. They make crap up to try and destroy people they dont like. Sicko's.
Like people did with Ben for years?
The one guy on this website that would know, said as much about Pickett. How does he go from cleared to play Thursday to not even dressing for the game.

i do not, actually.

Mason is my biggest concern going into Saturdays critical match up .

I get a strange feeling we might see another forth quarter victory by number 8.

OR, it is the truth. One side is damage control, the other side speaks what happened. Up to us, as individual to decipher.

Their notable source are saying it’s true, DK Sports is one such source. I think Justin (site owner) also said it to be true.

It’s not what people do, some may but you act as if anyone that disputes your opinion is wrong and just bashing……..

Salute the nation

Lol
Yes … Pops is always worth a mention!
I was referring to the good guy that wears number 8..
Ohhhh Kenny. You are anticipating Rudy getting benched even with the rats sitting D players?

I would be surprised if that took place...

i do not, actually.

Mason is doing very well by my standards right now. In the past my take was that if he had to come in when Ben got hurt he did okay, but when he knew he was starting and had all week to think about it then he wasn’t as good.

OR, it is the truth. One side is damage control, the other side speaks what happened. Up to us, as individual to decipher.

Their notable source are saying it’s true, DK Sports is one such source. I think Justin (site owner) also said it to be true.

It’s not what people do, some may but you act as if anyone that disputes your opinion is wrong and just bashing……..

Salute the nation
I listen to DK. He stated it was not true that Pickett refused to dress, unless I missed something.

Great post. He's gonna be good. He was told not to turn the ball over and he did it. He can make all the throws, win late and has a burning desire to move the needle. He may or may not pan out, but to say RIGHT NOW that he's a bust is absolutely laughable. I wont even respond to those petty posts anymore.
Kenny can make all the throws??? Surely you jest???

We need to stop blaming Canada for everything, Pickett misses wide open guys, he tries to spin out of the pocket at the slightest sight of pressure, rarely steps up in the pocket.
yes he did but I am going to blame the coaching staff for this. Last year he was top 3 under pressure. What happened? The coaching had him so afraid to turn the ball over they made him way to conservative and the play calls made him nervous in the pocket. Yes all things he needs to fix but also all things I believe were a product of the terrible play calling and ultra safe philosophy. I don't dispute you on him doing those things I just feel it is a product of the the system and he looked far better in the game and a third he played after Canada. Not perfect but far improved. That tells me it likely was the coaching to the largest degree.

I see names like Josh Allen, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts, etc. thrown out when it comes to Kenny Pickett's development. I've used them myself, particularly Jalen Hurts. But those guys showed progress in year 2. For instance, Hurts threw for 6 TDs and 4 INTs as a rookie and improved his completion % while throwing for 16 TDs and 9 INTs in year 2. I'd be thrilled if Pickett had those types of numbers.

Looking at some other recently drafted QBs, after two seasons Pickett is trending more towards Zach Wilson and Justin Fields than Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts. If you give him a third year, what type of jump does he have to make to think he's the long-term answer?

Kenny Pickett
YearCompletion %YardsTDsINTsRating

Jalen Hurts

Trevor Lawrence

Justin Fields

Zach Wilson
Most of those successful QB's had good coaching. Lets see what happens.