• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. What a world that we live in. You people make it sound like a good day for Trump as his Precidency and the last shred of his reputation is eviscerated.

Isn't the testimony showing that he didn't do anything to obstruct justice? How is that NOT a good day for his Presidency?

Haha. What a world that we live in. You people make it sound like a good day for Trump as his Precidency and the last shred of his reputation is eviscerated.

What is stunning on how gullible, if not downright ignorant, you lefties are to continue to believe these corrupt news organizations that report any rumor, from "Un-named" sources, that have no journalistic integrity. Comey set the record straight today.. Now back to the echo chamber with you guys.

What is stunning on how gullible, if not downright ignorant, you lefties are to continue to believe these corrupt news organizations that report any rumor, from "Un-named" sources, that have no journalistic integrity. Comey set the record straight today.. Now back to the echo chamber with you guys.

Yep. Per the article posted, even Comey stated that the NY Times article about Russia and Trump was nearly entirely wrong.

Libs still gonna believe that John-Podesta-created **** though.

Today's hearing substantiated everything we thought we knew thus far. The Russian hacking and possible collusion w the Trump orbit is real as can be. Trump stepped way over the line in his interactions with the head of the FBI and without a doubt tried to impact the investigation. Again, these are the facts that have been out in the open for many weeks and months, today just confirmed these as true.

The takeaway from all this, more than anything, is Robert Mueller's investigation needs to continue free and independant from any type of political pressure from the WH or the Dept. of Justice. All Americans should be grateful for ongoing work of the bipartisan Senate commission. Comey proved beyond reproach he's a true patriot who's been consistant during this whole ordeal. We need more people like him in positions of power.

I think more and more Americans will understand that there is nothing normal in the way Trump handles himself. I look forward - more than ever - to seeing how this all plays out. Hopefully, the end result will help restore democracy in America and the office of the President will again be one of honor, truthfulness and decency. Until then, we endure whatever it is that's still to come from this petulant President.

And finally, there is something seriously wrong with Sen. John McCain, either physically or mentally or both. That was very concerning to see him in this condition. I don't think he'll be able to function much longer, feel bad for the guy. Hope he can get the care he obviously needs to address whatever is ailing him.

And why do we care what the Canucks think? Y'all hacking our elections too as soon as you get the ice chipped off the computers?

Stupid and perhaps inbred isnt a race.

The guy who lives in Saskatchewan cracking about inbreds. That's funny right there.

Last edited:
Today's hearing substantiated everything we thought we knew thus far. The Russian hacking and possible collusion w the Trump orbit is real as can be. Trump stepped way over the line in his interactions with the head of the FBI and without a doubt tried to impact the investigation. Again, these are the facts that have been out in the open for many weeks and months, today just confirmed these as true.

The takeaway from all this, more than anything, is Robert Mueller's investigation needs to continue free and independant from any type of political pressure from the WH or the Dept. of Justice. All Americans should be grateful for ongoing work of the bipartisan Senate commission. Comey proved beyond reproach he's a true patriot who's been consistant during this whole ordeal. We need more people like him in positions of power.

I think more and more Americans will understand that there is nothing normal in the way Trump handles himself. I look forward - more than ever - to seeing how this all plays out. Hopefully, the end result will help restore democracy in America and the office of the President will again be one of honor, truthfulness and decency. Until then, we endure whatever it is that's still to come from this petulant President.

And finally, there is something seriously wrong with Sen. John McCain, either physically or mentally or both. That was very concerning to see him in this condition. I don't think he'll be able to function much longer, feel bad for the guy. Hope he can get the care he obviously needs to address whatever is ailing him.

???

What hearing were you watching?

Watch the EXACT Moment Comey Nails Trump on Obstruction of Justice

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I was fired because of the Russia investigation ...to change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted. That is a very big deal" <a href="https://t.co/YjC0bijNLn">pic.twitter.com/YjC0bijNLn</a></p>— David Mack (@davidmackau) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/872853852453834752">June 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What was said today that said Trump was involved with Russian hacking?

How did Trump disrupt the investigation of him and Russia when Comey said there was no such investigation?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I was fired because of the Russia investigation ...to change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted. That is a very big deal" <a href="https://t.co/YjC0bijNLn">pic.twitter.com/YjC0bijNLn</a></p>— David Mack (@davidmackau) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/872853852453834752">June 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did you skip the part where he said it was "his judgement", as in, his opinion?
Opinion is NOT fact.

A lot of his comments come down to his belief, or his feeling, or his speculation --- but none of what he said in regards to that are grounds to say that's what he was fired for.

Same thing with him saying Trump's opinions of Comey's popularity at the FBI, and the state of the FBI in general were Lies.
How can an Opinion be a lie? It's just one person's perspective.

What....the....hell? OMG

This is clearly how you watched the hearings:

blinders.jpg

Attachments

• blinders.jpg
    blinders.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6

Not this **** again. How many times does a lawyer have to explain to you that this is not obstruction of justice?

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First of all Joe Manchin, who sat in on the closed door testimony, said there was no evidence of collusion resulting from that meeting.

Secondly, the President can fire the FBI head for anything, and the investigation will continue with the new one. Where is the obstruction?

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Today's hearing substantiated everything we thought we knew thus far. The Russian hacking and possible collusion w the Trump orbit is real as can be.

Seriously, please read that sentence over again a few times. Then substitute Trump with Obama or Hillary and ask yourself how ridiculous it really sounds.

Possible orbit is real. Lol.

The Russian hacking and possible collusion w the Trump orbit is real as can be.

What? Even Chris Matthews isn't in the fantasyland you are in...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...me-apart-with-comey-testimony/article/2625372

"The assumption of the critics of the president, of his pursuers, you might say, is that somewhere along the line in the last year is the president had something to do with colluding with the Russians … to affect the election in some way," Matthews said on MSNBC, following the testimony.

"And yet what came apart this morning was that theory," Matthews said, listing two reasons why. First, he said Comey revealed that "Flynn wasn't central to the Russian investigation," and secondly, he said that kills the idea that Flynn might have been in a position to testify against Trump.

"And if that's not the case, where's the there-there?" Matthews said.

In his testimony, Comey confirmed media reports that Trump had asked him if he could drop the FBI investigation into Flynn and that the president had asked for his "loyalty." But Comey also asserted that he had told Trump that he was not personally under any investigation and that the president had encouraged the Russia investigation, even if it implicated any of his associates.

Let's repeat from Dershowitz:

"The president can, as a matter of constitutional law, direct the attorney general, and his subordinate, the Director of the FBI, tell them what to do, whom to prosecute and whom not to prosecute. Indeed, the president has the constitutional authority to stop the investigation of any person by simply pardoning that person."

"The first President Bush pardoned Casper Weinberger, his Secretary of Defense, in the middle of an investigation that could have incriminated Bush. That was not an obstruction and neither would a pardon of Flynn have been a crime. A president cannot be charged with a crime for properly exercising his constitutional authority "

Libs will hope for obstruction. There is none.

Another from Dershowitz:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...nd-all-democratic-commentators-are-wrong.html

"Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual. I paraphrase, because the transcript is not yet available: the president can, in theory, decide who to investigate, who to stop investigating, who to prosecute and who not to prosecute. The president is the head of the unified executive branch of government, and the Justice Department and the FBI work under him and he may order them to do what he wishes.

As a matter of law, Comey is 100 percent correct. As I have long argued, and as Comey confirmed in his written statement, our history shows that many presidents—from Adams to Jefferson, to Lincoln, to Roosevelt, to Kennedy, to Bush 1, and to Obama – have directed the Justice Department with regard to ongoing investigations. The history is clear, the precedents are clear, the constitutional structure is clear, and common sense is clear.

Yet virtually every Democratic pundit, in their haste to “get” President Trump, has willfully ignored these realities. In doing so they have endangered our civil liberties and constitutional rights."

And why do we care what the Canucks think? Y'all hacking our elections too as soon as you get the ice chipped off the computers?

The guy who lives in Saskatchewan cracking about inbreds. That's funny right there.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Even if it was obstruction, he can't be indicted. Only impeached. And that is not going to happen, not on something this thin.

Not to mention, Trump denied through his lawyers even saying some of what Comey testified to. There is no proof he said any of it, certainly no proof of the exact wording Trump used, which would be absolutely crucial to proving obstruction. Comey's motives are definitely open to question. He's already been caught in one lie (that the leaking was in response to a tweet, when in fact it occurred before the tweet.)

Honestly, I was almost wishing for something more because I'd feel a lot better with Pence as president. On the other hand I'm not a big fan of the orchestrated takedown that seems to be going on.

Last edited:
Comey_zps9ih39p5g.jpg

Attachments

• Comey.jpg
    Comey.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What a joke. The left really hates losing power. Which is an even better reason to keep them out of the drivers seat for good.

Trump-Russia graphic that breaks down the key components. What you won't find here is the 'fake news, made-up story, liberal media bias' angle, as that is in itself, a thing of fantasy.

RussianConnections_desktop_1.png

Last edited:
Cbs seems to have watched a different testimony, too.

Trump-Russia graphic that breaks down the key components. What you won't find here is the 'fake news, made-up story, liberal media bias' angle, as that is in itself, a thing of fantasy.

RussianConnections_desktop_1.png

Tibs let us know when there's any proof of any wrongdoing by Trump or his campaign. So far all we have is a lot of innuendo about anyone remotely connected to the campaign who ever had anything to do with Russia in any capacity, and some feeble attempt to tie it all together into some grand conspiracy. Good luck with that. I predict the whole Russia-Trump thing is completely forgotten by this time next year.

The FBI's inquiry into Russian involvement began months before the election results were known. They saw something was going on well before Trump was elected. The witchhunt angle coming from you guys makes little sense. There's enough bullshit piling up on this board to fully load the back of a horsedrawn cart. No offense, I'm all for leaning back and listening to opposing political viewpoints. Trump apologists deserve an ice-cold beer at the end of each and every day. The work it must take to sit there and defend El Presidenté, now that's a personal achievement award like no other.
imp.png

The FBI's inquiry into Russian involvement began months before the election results were known. They saw something was going on well before Trump was elected. The witchhunt angle coming from you guys makes little sense. There's enough bullshit piling up on this board to fully load the back of a horsedrawn cart. No offense, I'm all for leaning back and listening to opposing political viewpoints. Trump apologists deserve an ice-cold beer at the end of each and every day. The work it must take to sit there and defend El Presidenté, now that's a personal achievement award like no other.

Nice dodge, but I'll repeat: Tibs let us know when there's any proof of any wrongdoing by Trump or his campaign. So far all we have is a lot of innuendo about anyone remotely connected to the campaign who ever had anything to do with Russia in any capacity, and some feeble attempt to tie it all together into some grand conspiracy. Good luck with that. I predict the whole Russia-Trump thing is completely forgotten by this time next year.

I'm not a Trump apologist, in fact I don't like the guy. The things he said to Comey if true make me cringe over his blatant stupidity. I wish I could think he's some evil mastermind in the service of Putin because that might be a little less scary than what I believe he actually is, which is completely and utterly incompetent.

I'm just someone who tries to look at things rationally and even-handedly. The amount of effort the MSM and people within government are expending in trying to bring him down is unprecedented. Whether you like the guy or think it's warranted, you can't really deny that. Lots of people who work in international capacities have dealings with Russia. I'm guessing if we wanted to we could dig up all kinds of tangential Russian connections between the Clintons and their associates and people involved in their campaigns, but nobody's interested in that of course. The media has grabbed this thing and run with it but just wishing it so won't make it so. The Dems are going to overplay their hand and when nothing concrete ever comes out of it they will pay for it again in the next election.

Status
Not open for further replies.