• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Andre Johnson wants traded from Houston

xjx

Reaction score
He would look good in black n gold....wasn't used properly...blah blah....

I'm sure some contender will be happy to acquire him. We'll see if anything actually gets done.

I'm sure the pats* are on the phone.

No thanks. Let someone else put him out to pasture

A great receiver... who is injured a lot. Not worth the price, at least not to us.

He's going to be 33 this year. He's a possession WR at this point. If Gordon gets suspended, maybe the Browns will overpay for him.

Three or four years ago? Sure. Now? No thanks, for what he would cost both in compensation to Houston and to him.

any of you who wouldn't want Johnson on this team (if it were possible) just have not watched the guy play.

I'd trade a 4th rounder right now and be elated. The guy is still a dominant WR, and we could use him. He's got a good three years at least in him.

I'd want him for a 3rd. Especially since the steelers seem to be using their 3rd picks on backup QBs and small RBs.

I can't see Houston trading him for less than a 1 or getting a good WR in return. Houston did not draft a WR or bring in a significant free agent. That means their top 3 are Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Keshawn Martin or Devier Posey.

Hopkins was OK last year but not special. He didn't prove he's a star that would allow them to deal Johnson. Martin and Posey combined for 37 catches for 408 yards.

They drafted Tom Savage as their future QB. O'Brien started true freshman QB Hackenberg last year. I expect him to do the same with Savage. You don't trade away your best WR when breaking in a new QB, unless you get offered something crazy like the colts gave for Richardson.

any of you who wouldn't want Johnson on this team (if it were possible) just have not watched the guy play.

I've seen Johnson play, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay a steep price for him at this point. With all the hamstring issues he's had over the years plus his diminishing speed and quickness, he could be one of those guys whose production just dropped off a cliff.

I've seen Johnson play, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay a steep price for him at this point. With all the hamstring issues he's had over the years plus his diminishing speed and quickness, he could be one of those guys whose production just dropped off a cliff.

I agree, we could be picking up the next sweat suit model. Just a thing to keep in mind we have lots of wide outs available. Picking up aging names who were at the end of their nfl years was what the coaches did when the team was known as the lovable loosers. I would rather pick up a rookie from a team that puts one on the practice squad than an over the hill guy now.

He started 16 games the last two seasons and had over 100 receptions both years....

He started 16 games the last two seasons and had over 100 receptions both years....

So he started 1/2 of the games played in the last two years and was productive then, he is a year older now and likely not getting better as he ages. I think the odds are more in line with him being able to play less rather than more.