• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. The poor kids. And Parents. It’s sickening.

If anyone did get the article, please copy and post it here. Tnx
I didn't notice that when I posted it. I got the article in an email and didn't get that notice. I deleted the email so now I can't get it. Good article, long and very specific.

I just heard on the radio driving to work (that's racist) that the cops were in the school armed and with a ballistic shield and waited 58 minutes before going into the classroom while the shooter was killing kids.

Disturbing new details from Uvalde shooting…​

Posted by Kane on June 21, 2022 3:45 am

NEWS JUNKIES -- CHECK OUT OUR HOMEPAGE

BREAKING: Multiple officers were inside Robb Elementary School with rifles and at least one ballistic shield at 11:52 a.m. the day of the shooting, new video and other evidence shows. They didn’t enter the classroom for another 58 minutes. More soon via @statesman and @KVUE. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/0BcYgq2hcQ
— Tony Plohetski (@tplohetski) June 20, 2022

Officers arrived at Uvalde school with rifles, ballistic shield 19 minutes after gunman…

Multiple police officers stood in a hallway at Robb Elementary School armed with rifles and at least one ballistic shield within 19 minutes of a gunman arriving at the campus, according to documents reviewed by the American-Statesman, a devastating new revelation deepening questions about why police didn’t act faster to stop the shooter who killed 19 children and two teachers last month.

Photo with riot shield at 11:52​

Here is an article w/ some testimony that covers about every misstep. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uvalde...have-stopped-gunman-public-safety-chief-says/

Didnt even seem to have radios that worked inside the school. Keys or not they also had other means of breaking the door down and the door was unlocked anyways. Seems unimaginable that the whole department was so incompetent. I dont know how the officers and police chief can sleep at night.

There's no logical explanation for this whole scenario other than set up. You would have had a better response from armed parents with firearms training.
**** I wouldn’t need to be armed.

There's no logical explanation for this whole scenario other than set up. You would have had a better response from armed parents with firearms training.

Yeah this was a MIHOP.

The judge. 🍆

The judge. 🍆

When my kids were young (2001-2008) time frame, "everyone gets a medal" was the mantra of the day. My wife used to argue with me when I would argue then that this approach was going to damage children for generations. And I didn't want my kids to learn "everyone wins." Everyone doesn't. Life is about winning and losing. And teaching them to lose and about loss was one of the best things we could do for them.

Welcome to the defense attorney in this case. A product of the Everyone Gets a Medal generation. Unprofessional. Unreasoned. Petulant.

Infuriating to watch.

When my kids were young (2001-2008) time frame, "everyone gets a medal" was the mantra of the day. My wife used to argue with me when I would argue then that this approach was going to damage children for generations. And I didn't want my kids to learn "everyone wins." Everyone doesn't. Life is about winning and losing. And teaching them to lose and about loss was one of the best things we could do for them.

Welcome to the defense attorney in this case. A product of the Everyone Gets a Medal generation. Unprofessional. Unreasoned. Petulant.

Infuriating to watch.
We did it across the board in just about every facet of life for kids. We eliminated cuts from sports teams in school, if a student gets an F on a test they get to go over the exam with a teacher and re-take it, if your kid doesn't make the travel team, just start a new one so your kid can say he is playing travel ball, every kid gets a participation trophy...the list goes on and on. We sheltered kids from ever having to experience failure, how to cope, learn from it, and move on. Then act shocked when the first time a kid experiences failure, they have no idea how to handle it, and society is left to pick up the pieces. Combine that with celebrating mental illness and ignoring mental health for the last 20+ years and you end up with a very scary new reality.

Strange decision by the defense, for sure. Then again, she & her team may have felt that calling the remainder of the witnesses was futile, or some of these witnesses decided not to testify after all. Regardless, this is only a sentencing trial, and after the prosecution showed the graphic photos and took the jurors on a tour of the school, it's basically a certaintly that this will end in a death sentence instead of life.

Oh, and that judge certainly is an attractive woman. Many a defendant has likely asked to be held in her contempt, for sure.

Strange decision by the defense, for sure. Then again, she & her team may have felt that calling the remainder of the witnesses was futile, or some of these witnesses decided not to testify after all. Regardless, this is only a sentencing trial, and after the prosecution showed the graphic photos and took the jurors on a tour of the school, it's basically a certaintly that this will end in a death sentence instead of life.

Oh, and that judge certainly is an attractive woman. Many a defendant has likely asked to be held in her contempt, for sure.
It's not a point of the fact that they rested, it's the fact that they waited until the court reconvened to rest. An attorney can contact the court outside of the courts hours to notify them of their intent. The judge could have then postponed the trial and had it reconvene when the state was prepared to proceed. That is what was grossly unprofessional conduct on the part of the defense attorney.

Last edited:
Not taking the defense's side, but I'd like more info as to her "why" "reasons" for resting when she did. If it turns out that this was a personal "beef" she had with the judge, or trying to "one-up" her, she should know she's never going to win that battle. And I certainly can't believe that this attorney doesn't know the state's code of criminal procedure well enough to justify what she did.