• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. The poor kids. And Parents. It’s sickening.

And you can really only count on yourself. Even I'm critical situations when seconds matter and you have government fail you. And they will fail you. They'll come in and draw lines around the bodies after the fact

A mother had more intestinal fortitude then a bunch of men with guns. This **** makes me sick.

And they blame the weapon.

It's disturbing in the extreme. Heads need to roll.

And still the leftists are talking about disarming law abiding citizens and protecting children with "Gun Free Zone" signs.

MC_GunSpoon_web20220608124002.jpg

Our country [the United States] ranks 64th in per capita frequency of mass shootings and 65th in the murder rate out of the 97 countries where measurable incidents have occurred between 1998 and 2015, the institute’s data reveals.

Near the top are various African and Middle Eastern countries like the Central African Republic (the clear outlier), Iraq, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

But there are also a few somewhat surprising entries above the United States.

Norway, Finland, Switzerland and France, all European countries with standards of living very similar to the United States, check in with a higher frequency of mass shooting deaths than ours.

interesting vid on the cop response, showing the floor plans. It seems lots of stuff reported is not true. Not everything is known yet. The school is multiple buildings that have locking security doors. So the kids who were in other rooms in the school were safe because the shooter only had access to the class that had the open door. The cops did evacuate kids from other rooms.

Not only that S4E, we got other issues too.............

• While many have bought into the simplistic idea that availability of firearms is the cause of mass shootings, a number of experts have pointed out a more uncomfortable truth, which is that mass shootings are far more likely the result of how we’ve been mistreating mental illness, depression and behavioral problems
  • Gun control legislation has shown that law-abiding Americans who own guns are not the problem, because the more gun control laws that have been passed, the more mass shootings have occurred
  • 97.8 percent of mass shootings occur in “gun-free zones,” as the perpetrators know legally armed citizens won’t be there to stop them
  • Depression per se rarely results in violence. Only after antidepressants became commonplace did mass shootings really take off, and many mass shooters have been shown to be on antidepressants
  • Antidepressants, especially selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are well-known for their ability to cause suicidal and homicidal ideation and violence

8DVs6e1.jpg

Not only that S4E, we got other issues too.............

• While many have bought into the simplistic idea that availability of firearms is the cause of mass shootings, a number of experts have pointed out a more uncomfortable truth, which is that mass shootings are far more likely the result of how we’ve been mistreating mental illness, depression and behavioral problems
  • Gun control legislation has shown that law-abiding Americans who own guns are not the problem, because the more gun control laws that have been passed, the more mass shootings have occurred
  • 97.8 percent of mass shootings occur in “gun-free zones,” as the perpetrators know legally armed citizens won’t be there to stop them
  • Depression per se rarely results in violence. Only after antidepressants became commonplace did mass shootings really take off, and many mass shooters have been shown to be on antidepressants
  • Antidepressants, especially selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are well-known for their ability to cause suicidal and homicidal ideation and violence

8DVs6e1.jpg

I couldn't read the article, they wanted my email. Which just gets me miles of unwanted emails..lol.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.

The passage is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments, originally published in Italian in 1764.1 It appears in Jefferson's commonplace book.

See this was figured out a long time ago.

I couldn't read the article, they wanted my email. Which just gets me miles of unwanted emails.
If anyone did get the article, please copy and post it here. Tnx