• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. The poor kids. And Parents. It’s sickening.

Where do you live? Here I can get as much .380 as I want. Prices are still high, but much lower than they were a year or so ago. Right now, it's about 67 cents a round on average. Last year it was closer to $1.50 a round. Now if you want Critical Defense or some **** like that, that's closer to $1.35 a round.
We have lots of it here in WY, too.

Ah yes, it's about Christianity. That's the reason...

It has nothing to do with....
A thousands percent increase in the prescription of psychotropic drugs to minors
Violence in music
Violence in video games
Violence in Hollywood
The destruction of the family unit
24/7 sensationalized news coverage of school shootings
Our decaying moral fabric
And a million other reasons.

As Gov. Abbott stated, for 180 years in Texas, 18 year olds have bee able to legally obtain firearms. Only since the 90s have we seen this phenomenon of school shootings take hold.

Yee haw, yep....it's the Church. That's it.

The complete degrading of our culture across the board. The only way to fix that is turning away from the stupid **** we're doing as a society. The clowns who've been pushing fundamental change are most responsible for this debauchery we have as a society now. It will only get worse on this path. That's an absolute certainty.

Poll: Americans blame mental health more than guns for mass shootings​

Texas School Shooting

Children pay their respects at a memorial site for the victims killed in this week's elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, Thursday, May 26, 2022.
Dario Lopez-Mills | AP

(The Center Square) – Americans blame mental health issues for mass shootings more than access to firearms, a new poll shows.
Rasmussen Reports released the poll Tuesday, which found "40% of likely U.S. voters believe mental health is more to blame for mass shootings by young men in America," whereas 30% blame "access to firearms."
After two recent mass shootings, one at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, and another at an elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, the issues surrounding gun control and school security have become the center of national discourse.
Democrats have largely focused on pushing for new gun control measures while many Republicans have pointed to mental health problems, arguing proposed gun control laws would not stop criminals.

Other issues take some of the blame as well.
According to the poll, 10% "think family problems are more to blame for mass shootings," while another 10% "blame social media."
"Only four percent (4%) think school problems are more to blame," the report said.
The national survey of 1,000 people was conducted May 25-26. The poll has a margin of sampling error of +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% confidence level.

Poll: Americans blame mental health more than guns for mass shootings

Ah yes, it's about Christianity. That's the reason...

It has nothing to do with....
A thousands percent increase in the prescription of psychotropic drugs to minors
Violence in music
Violence in video games
Violence in Hollywood
The destruction of the family unit
24/7 sensationalized news coverage of school shootings
Our decaying moral fabric
And a million other reasons.

As Gov. Abbott stated, for 180 years in Texas, 18 year olds have bee able to legally obtain firearms. Only since the 90s have we seen this phenomenon of school shootings take hold.

Yee haw, yep....it's the Church. That's it.
Look at how many of the shooters were raised by single mothers. Strong independent whamen what don't need no man don't do all that well raising children in reality. The sad fact is the biggest contributor to societal decay and the increase in violence is the removal of fathers and paternal authority from the home and the destruction of the family by feminism.

I refused to watch Biden's remarks tonight because I knew I would become enraged. I did read the highlights of them. He sure does invoke God a lot when it suits his purposes. My God this and My God that. This from the same guy and party that do everything they can to keep God out.

I refused to watch Biden's remarks tonight because I knew I would become enraged. I did read the highlights of them. He sure does invoke God a lot when it suits his purposes. My God this and My God that. This from the same guy and party that do everything they can to keep God out.
The same group that also champions the human sacrifice of unborn boys&girls.

Where do you live? Here I can get as much .380 as I want. Prices are still high, but much lower than they were a year or so ago. Right now, it's about 67 cents a round on average. Last year it was closer to $1.50 a round. Now if you want Critical Defense or some **** like that, that's closer to $1.35 a round.
central PA. Big box stores are wiped out of everything but 9mm and a few shotgun shells. I have a small dealer near me that calls me when they get .380 and .45 ammo in stock.

Truth. Uvalde shooter had at least $9,000 of weapons, ammo, body armor. 18 years old. No credit. No job. Hmmm.

It's unbelievable how clueless libtards are. Guns don't shoot themselves. It's a mental illness problem.

The media makes it out that only white guys do it and Biden doesn't like to talk about the road massacre in Wisconsin ( by a black guy ) or the fact that it was a latino shooting up a school in Uvaldem Texas, same in Parkland, Forida. Pay attention to how the media ( CBS,NBC, CNN ) covers it.

I think its time to raise the minimum age to buy an AR-15 or other assault riffles like it for the Republicans, but stop there as may Americans and Democrats value their right to own a gun. The AR-15 makes it too easy for mass killings due to it clip size and the bullets are lethal traveling at 3x the speed of sound which tears apart the internal organs.

The media makes it out that only white guys do it and Biden doesn't like to talk about the road massacre in Wisconsin ( by a black guy ) or the fact that it was a latino shooting up a school in Uvaldem Texas, same in Parkland, Forida. Pay attention to how the media ( CBS,NBC, CNN ) covers it.

I think its time to raise the minimum age to buy an AR-15 or other assault riffles like it for the Republicans, but stop there as may Americans and Democrats value their right to own a gun. The AR-15 makes it too easy for mass killings due to it clip size and the bullets are lethal traveling at 3x the speed of sound which tears apart the internal organs.
The black career criminal who mowed down a bunch of grannies in Wisconsin… crickets from Fake News

You can buy multiple guns that hold lots of ammo. I have an SKS with a 30 round mag. My uncle has an AK-47 with a 75 round drum and 30 round mags + other guns with larger clips. My uncle bought me the SKS as a bday present at a gun show for like $100 at the time. Now they are about triple that from what i hear. I don't know what the solution is but banning or raising age requirement for one model of a semi automatic gun won't help

You can buy multiple guns that hold lots of ammo. I have an SKS with a 30 round mag. My uncle has an AK-47 with a 75 round drum and 30 round mags + other guns with larger clips. My uncle bought me the SKS as a bday present at a gun show for like $100 at the time. Now they are about triple that from what i hear. I don't know what the solution is but banning or raising age requirement for one model of a semi automatic gun won't help
Optics and raising the age to 21 for all Ak-47's and guns like it. Stricter backgrounds will help too. How much, I don't know but it will prevent some.The goal, limit the age of school shooting under the age of 21, and mass shootings in general.

Last edited:
Optics and raising the age to 21 for all Ak-47's and guns like it. Stricter backgrounds will help too. How much, I don't know but it will prevent some.The goal, limit the age of school shooting under the age of 21, and mass shootings in general.
Nope. These clowns get guns many ways, most of which are illegal. Secure the schools, get rid of gun free zones, pay attention to mental illness signs, and let the good people carry.

The media makes it out that only white guys do it and Biden doesn't like to talk about the road massacre in Wisconsin ( by a black guy ) or the fact that it was a latino shooting up a school in Uvaldem Texas, same in Parkland, Forida.

The Wisconsin story disappeared. What about Frank James...shot up a subway train full of people in New York City. Crickets since...cuz...he black.

Pay attention to how the media ( CBS,NBC, CNN ) covers it.

You're not from around here are you? We do. We've discussed it for years upon years.

I think its time to raise the minimum age to buy an AR-15 or other assault riffles

I have no problem with this, if it gets the Left to STFU. However, we all also know it won't make a damn bit of difference with school shootings.

The AR-15 makes it too easy for mass killings due to it clip size

Vehemently disagree. I've pointed this out a dozen times, I'll point it out again and again. Seung-Hui Cho was behind the LARGEST school shooting in American history. 32 dead, 17 injured at Virginia Tech. Cho used two pistols only. A Walther P22 and a Glock 19 (what I own...err, owned). That's it. He just exchanged magazines. Easy peasy and quick to do. You shoot your 10 rounds, you push a button with your shooting hand, magazine drops to the floor, while your non-shooting hand grabs another magazine and you pop it into the gun handle. Can be done easily in 2-3 seconds.

That's what Cho did. Walked around, shooting fish in a barrel, with handguns by just exchanging magazines with some of America's most common hand guns. And it's easier to exchange magazines in a pistol than a long rifle. Though we are just talking about seconds of difference.

and the bullets are lethal traveling at 3x the speed of sound which tears apart the internal organs.

Sorry, you now sound like a Liberal or an ill-informed reporter. You're regurgitating talking points. Velocity is but one factor in the deadliness of ammunition. Bullet size, speed, type (hollow point/full metal jacket), energy/pound force (lbf) all factor in.

Nor does the AR15 have one caliber, or one bullet it uses. There are 3 or 4 popular rounds used in an AR, but you can use dozens. DOZENS.
  • The most popular is the 223 Remington/5.56 Nato size. The .223 ranges from 36 grains to 112. The 5.56 Nato ranges from 55-77 grains. Velocity: 2,750-3,750ft/s (77-36 gr) or Velocity: 2,790-3,260 ft/s (63-55 gr); Energy: 959-1,401 ft⋅lbf (36-77 gr) or Energy: 1,679-1,859 ft⋅lbf
Point of comparison, in my 7mm-08 hunting rifle I use 140 grains for hunting deer. I used to use a .243, slightly bigger than the 223/5.56 with grain sizes (actual bullet size) up to 115 grains. Stopped using it because it wouldn't always bring down a 110-120lb deer.​
While the 223/5.56 would never be a first pick for something like deer, it can be used for deer -- if it’s legal in your state. <— the reason it’s illegal to use in some states is it isn’t lethal enough. Meaning, lots of deer are maimed and never found or deer are shot and die days later because the bullet is lightweight. Enough so that if the bullet hits a small twig, it can split the lead or send it careening in a different direction.​
  • The AR15 can also use the 7.62x39, otherwise known as the AK47. Bullet size: 120-125 grains; Velocity: 730-738 ft/s (122-154 gr); Energy: 1,555-1,607 ft⋅lbf
  • The AR15 can also use the .22LR, Bullet size: 30-40 grains; Velocity: 1,200-1,640 ft/s (40-30 gr); Energy: 131-191 ft⋅lbf. When I was growing up, the only thing you would use a .22 or a .22LR on would be varmints - like squirrels.
  • The AR15 can use the new 350 Legend caliber. Bullet Size: 160-180 grains; Velocity: 2100-2300 ft/s; Energy: 1726-1879 lbf.
  • The AR15 can use the .450 Bushmaster, the .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, .300 Blackout, .300 Ham'r, .25-.45 Sharps, .22 Nosler, .204 Rusler, .224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 6mm ARC and more.
Other bullets with equal or higher velocities than the popular AR15 bullets commonly used:
  • .22-250 - 3,500-4,224 ft/s (64-40 gr)
  • .243 - I own (owned) 2 of these rifles - 2,960-3,925 ft/s (100-58 gr)
  • 7mm-08 - my primary deer rifle - 2,595-2,800 ft/s (175-140 gr)
  • 6.5mm Creedmoor - 2,710-3,020 ft/s (143-120 gr)
  • .308 - 2,510-3,100 ft/s (185-125 gr)
  • .270 - 2,850-3,603 ft/s (150-90 gr)
  • .30-06 - 2,500-2,910 ft/s (150-220 gr)
  • .300 Win Mag - 2,875-3,300 ft/s (220-165 gr)
  • .7mm Remington Mag - 2,860-3,500 ft/s (175-110 gr)
Again, velocity is but one component.

Going back to Cho at VA Tech. He used hollow points instead of full metal jackets. The hollow point strikes and blows apart on contact, shredding internal organs, where a full metal jacket will not typically explode and pass through the body. Most officers (who most often use the 9MM Glocks) use hollow points so bullets don't go through the victim and potentially strike people behind them, for instance.

He used a 9MM Glock: Bullet size: 115-147 grains; Velocity: 1,180-2,010 ft/s (115-60gr); Energy: 355-501 ft⋅lbf (115-124gr)
He used a Walther P22: Uses the .22LR ammunition; Bullet size: 30-40 grains; Usage: Varmint < 50 lbs; Velocity: 1,200-1,640 ft/s (40-30 gr); Energy: 131-191 ft⋅lbf (30-40 gr)

With those two handguns he killed 32 and injured 17.

My point: You can eliminate every AR in the country. You don't eliminate the problem. Because as Cho showed, two common handguns with standard size mags can be used and result in more casualties than any AR15 assault has in a school shooting to date. Throw velocities and energy and all that crap out the window. He used a .22LR, a 'varmint' ammunition and a 9mm and massacred human beings.

Last edited:

Isn't going to work. Sorry. There are 400M guns in America now. If someone bent on killing wants a gun, they will get a gun, even if they can't legally purchase one.

Outside legislation banning all guns, legislation will have minimal impact.

And you can really only count on yourself. Even I'm critical situations when seconds matter and you have government fail you. And they will fail you. They'll come in and draw lines around the bodies after the fact

A mother had more intestinal fortitude then a bunch of men with guns. This **** makes me sick.

And they blame the weapon.