• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

They were talking about Cooper Kupp's historic season today, and AB was mentioned. He actually has two out of the top ten all-time single seasons for receiving yards (1834 yards in 2015 is #4, 1698 yards in 2014 is #10). Nobody else has more than one appearance in the top 12.

Had Brown kept his head on straight, by now he'd probably be mentioned up there with Jerry Rice as one of the greatest receivers to ever play. What a shame.
These guys don’t care about league accolades. As long as they get the contracts and guaranteed money. That’s all that matters. It’s a short career.

Very seldom do you get Bettis, Ward, Polamalu type guys anymore.

So what is stopping him when he retires?
Himself. His ego. Look at his behavior now. He’s not the brightest bulb to attempt. Someone in his inner circle if he has anyone will probably instigate him once he cannot land on a team

Himself. His ego. Look at his behavior now. He’s not the brightest bulb to attempt. Someone in his inner circle if he has anyone will probably instigate him once he cannot land on a team
So you stated he lost out on his chance for a lawsuit opportunity because of his ego. Ok.

Aside from that I don't see how anyone can sue for a concussion from their playing days anymore. The NFL takes pretty much all the precautions they can. Basically turned the game into something half the time is hard to watch. Basically if you play football today you know the risks. Were not the prior lawsuits based on the NFL knew of the damage concussions caused but hid them from the players? Or are you referring to something else?

These guys don’t care about league accolades. As long as they get the contracts and guaranteed money. That’s all that matters. It’s a short career.

Very seldom do you get Bettis, Ward, Polamalu type guys anymore.
In the "opt-out" era, it's no surprise. But there's only a handful of guys who have had the combination of skill and work ethic which could help them reach the very apex of the profession. AB blew that opportunity, in my opinion.

So you stated he lost out on his chance for a lawsuit opportunity because of his ego. Ok.

Aside from that I don't see how anyone can sue for a concussion from their playing days anymore. The NFL takes pretty much all the precautions they can. Basically turned the game into something half the time is hard to watch. Basically if you play football today you know the risks. Were not the prior lawsuits based on the NFL knew of the damage concussions caused but hid them from the players? Or are you referring to something else?
Players who need money attempt a lawsuits all the time. I don’t know what AB’s motives are lol. Just seems like he’s not too bright imo and he’s digging his own hole. I’m not concerned about it.

I was referring to players prior attempting even with the nfl acknowledging CTE these days. Aaron Hernandez, Junior Seau. I wouldn’t be shocked if AB attempted something similar down the line

I have used Charles Barley's comments on the Columbine shooters many times. People where trying to find out reasons and blamed maybe they were bullied and so on, and Barkley said maybe they were just ********. Some people can just be ******** and it isn't anyone else's fault.

If Brown wants to change at all, he has to realize, first and foremost, he is can *******.

View attachment 7523
Maybe there’s more to this picture than your typical training camp scrum with all the stuff Clark spilled
Funny what a decade does. Brown looks unrecognizable in that picture to me. Undeniable HOF talent. Left probably 20 million on the table, maybe a second ring and he will need a ticket in Canton like anyone else.

Funny what a decade does. Brown looks unrecognizable in that picture to me. Undeniable HOF talent. Left probably 20 million on the table, maybe a second ring and he will need a ticket in Canton like anyone else.
Money changes people. Better or worse.

They made all those changes because they fear the lawsuit that is bound to come.

It’s a sad theme. But sometimes these guys never seize opportunities presented.

AB had a career and multiple chances. The Steelers tried, the raiders, patriots and buccaneers all gave him a chance.

Tom Brady offered him a place to stay. Seems like his kiddos mom or mom’s have even seemed to present him chances.

There’s just a point, even with the money and resources he’s not going to grasp it. Someone innocent is going to get hurt

They made all those changes because they fear the lawsuit that is bound to come.
The nfl actually acknowledged the sport caused brain damage when Mike Webster filed for player benefits post retirement. The nfl tried their hardest to keep things hush or downplay it. A team doctor for the Steelers presented the CTE studies at a 2007 summer convention.

There is a lot the nfl is trying to save face on. If or when the league crashes I wonder how many more players will actually spill the beans.

Money and contracts are too big for anyone to be truly disgruntled or maybe the nfl has it’s own “mafia” for guys who attempt to speak out lol.

In all honesty who knows? Better yet why does a respected sport develop so much drama?

Funny when a guy can look in the mirror against undeniable common sense and basically the entire world that knows him and say. No I'm not an *******. They are all wrong.

His lawsuit would be beyond hopeless. It was different maybe for like the families like Seau. First off what can you prove till you are dead. Plus it's more than well known now so its buyer beware. He could launch one but good luck

Burfect-My-Bad.jpg

Brown made Godel and league office, Arians, Tampa Organization, Bill-i-cheat and Brady look like fools with his action today . He is what we all knew he is. Another example of the NFL continued action of giving the bad bad guys way too many chances . Total fool gave it all away today all for his selfish ego. Myself made my afternoon!

The guy is just a selfish *******. Stop trying to blame his foolishness on CTE. FFS
CTE is another matter. But people with traumatic brain injury can undergo personality change. That is a well known medical fact. That doesn't mean anything. That is us speculation. You would have to know him personally before and after injury.

Funny when a guy can look in the mirror against undeniable common sense and basically the entire world that knows him and say. No I'm not an *******. They are all wrong.
This. He’s had too many chances and coddling.
If this was your average Joe, he’d be behind bars right now

His lawsuit would be beyond hopeless. It was different maybe for like the families like Seau. First off what can you prove till you are dead. Plus it's more than well known now so its buyer beware. He could launch one but good luck
I agree. But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit once he runs out of options or the money is low. I don’t know his motives. Just from prior attempts by former players. Will he?

They were talking about Cooper Kupp's historic season today, and AB was mentioned. He actually has two out of the top ten all-time single seasons for receiving yards (1834 yards in 2015 is #4, 1698 yards in 2014 is #10). Nobody else has more than one appearance in the top 12.

Had Brown kept his head on straight, by now he'd probably be mentioned up there with Jerry Rice as one of the greatest receivers to ever play. What a shame.
Yep and when we are watching all of Ben's highlight films this week and in the coming weeks, look at all the great moments between those two. One of the greatest QB-WR combos NFL history. Brown missed out on a few more special seasons when he forced his way out of Pittsburgh.

So I was looking at the tragic AB incident today. Just about 50 minutes or so ago AB released a new rap track lol.

I wonder if a "bad" batch of TB12 made it into his diet................... ?

He was adamit about not changing his helmet from old school to new school. maybe his elixer is old school and finally the side effects got him.

All I know is someone in the nFL will give him another chance and he will gobble the opertunity right up. Has even been waived from Tama Bay yet???

Salute the nation