• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are Steeler fans, on average, more knowledgeable than other fan bases' fans?

lol have a nice day. fantasy man.
Fantasy football is a game but the Fantasy production is 100% real, you're delusional opinions are just fantasy.

In a Steelers FB group today I pointed out that they've won 3 playoff games in 13 years and none in the past 7.
Predictably, a member of the Tomlin Fan Club told me to go root for another team.
Thing is, the longer Shades goes without a Super Bowl or even a playoff win only reinforces the fact that he won everything he won with the team and staff he inherited.

In a Steelers FB group today I pointed out that they've won 3 playoff games in 13 years and none in the past 7.
Predictably, a member of the Tomlin Fan Club told me to go root for another team.
Thing is, the longer Shades goes without a Super Bowl or even a playoff win only reinforces the fact that he won everything he won with the team and staff he inherited.

Thanks for the GREAT representation of real Steelers football.

Fantasy land doesn’t cut it for me either. That FB group must be some dumb-*** MFers’ to not see this.

Salute the nation

Thanks for the GREAT representation of real Steelers football.

Fantasy land doesn’t cut it for me either. That FB group must be some dumb-*** MFers’ to not see this.
Never a losing season. Greatest coach ever.

I wonder why Purdy and McCaffrey didn't win the SB their FF stats were better than Mahomes. If you don't understand the concept of different schemes and coaches can help to inflate players statistics, then I am wasting my time with this discussion.

But wait you know what stat to trust and which stat not to I get it. This sounds more like you use stats to support your opinions. The second you brought up fantasy football I knew no matter what I had to say it would bounce off the wall.

The only thing fantasy football statistics is good for is fantasy football.
Stats are part of it but not all of it. If you don't understand that, you don't understand football.

There was this time that Lunar drove by me so fast, in the LS10, that my hair blew to the side…………….

Salute the nation

Ahhhh, the old FB "Go root for another team if you don't love Tomlin" subject. Know it well. But, the Tomlin defenders/apologists aside, I believe, with some experience on the subject, that the average Steeler fans is somewhat more knowledgeable than the average NFL fan in general. I can't tell you how many times I strike up a conversation with a fan of another team - who is wearing a team shirt - and I know more about THEIR team than they do, and not because I try to. But it's just that the average fan just doesn't know crap about even their own team. I usually know more of their starting line up than they do, and again, not because I try to.

Ahhhh, the old FB "Go root for another team if you don't love Tomlin" subject. Know it well. But, the Tomlin defenders/apologists aside, I believe, with some experience on the subject, that the average Steeler fans is somewhat more knowledgeable than the average NFL fan in general. I can't tell you how many times I strike up a conversation with a fan of another team - who is wearing a team shirt - and I know more about THEIR team than they do, and not because I try to. But it's just that the average fan just doesn't know crap about even their own team. I usually know more of their starting line up than they do, and again, not because I try to.

MOST nfl fans, just don’t give a crap. My employee, chiefs fans, could care less about the off-season and hardly durring the season other than if they win. If they win, he is all over it and acts like a die-hard—————. Those are the dumbest fans ever. I don’t take anything away from that type of fan as they get no investment in it and have no distraught when ”their” team losses a game or a player or trouble brews. They usually don’t know enough to care.

Average Joe-Blow NFL fan is a little different breed as they know just enough to be ignorant. They believe in the talking heads as if they know the real inside story, but yet won’t do any research on it. EXAMPLE: Ben ROETHLISBERGER was condemned, with not even a single charged filed. I tell them of no charges and they literally call me a liar. You get my drift.

Now you take the dedicated Die-Hard fan and the answer to the original post, would be YES. This board here shows that everyday. I know many die-hard favorite team oriented, but they are not as knowledgeable as many here. I’m sure there are many very smart fans out there but my feelings are the HARD-Core fans of the

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

go way deeper than the other team’s fans, regardless of depth of fandom. I do see an ERA changing of the guards as this beloved game has changed to one that is hardly recognizable as true football. With that. Also comes the changing of the fan base in general.

REGARDLESS of depth of knowledge, we are all brought together through our greatest team ever.

Thank You

Salute the nation

MOST nfl fans, just don’t give a crap. My employee, chiefs fans, could care less about the off-season and hardly durring the season other than if they win. If they win, he is all over it and acts like a die-hard—————. Those are the dumbest fans ever. I don’t take anything away from that type of fan as they get no investment in it and have no distraught when ”their” team losses a game or a player or trouble brews. They usually don’t know enough to care.

Average Joe-Blow NFL fan is a little different breed as they know just enough to be ignorant. They believe in the talking heads as if they know the real inside story, but yet won’t do any research on it. EXAMPLE: Ben ROETHLISBERGER was condemned, with not even a single charged filed. I tell them of no charges and they literally call me a liar. You get my drift.

Now you take the dedicated Die-Hard fan and the answer to the original post, would be YES. This board here shows that everyday. I know many die-hard favorite team oriented, but they are not as knowledgeable as many here. I’m sure there are many very smart fans out there but my feelings are the HARD-Core fans of the

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

go way deeper than the other team’s fans, regardless of depth of fandom. I do see an ERA changing of the guards as this beloved game has changed to one that is hardly recognizable as true football. With that. Also comes the changing of the fan base in general.

REGARDLESS of depth of knowledge, we are all brought together through our greatest team ever.
Yes to all you say. And I'm not even trying to say we're superior in any way; just that we are more knowledgeable on 1.) Our team and what's happening with it, and 2.) football in general. I bump into Steeler fans all over in FL and they generally just know more about the team specifically and football in general than do other fans. MOST Steeler fans I bumped into, prior to the Russ/Fields signing and Kenny trade, knew we were in the shape we were: hurting. Most knew Art II was obstinate, in general, and would hold onto Kenny, trying to force success, while the rest of the world knew change was in order. The majority of fans KNEW this. (But for whatever reason, things changed this season, thank God.)

But I have to say, those who act like "hardcore fans" but really are not (as the ones you are suggesting), do bug me a tad. Cowboy fans in general resemble this remark.

I think being a true fan is almost a contradiction in a way. A fan has to be passionate about the team, but I would argue to be knowledgable you have to remove some emotion. Those two ideas run counter to one another.

Yes to all you say. And I'm not even trying to say we're superior in any way; just that we are more knowledgeable on 1.) Our team and what's happening with it, and 2.) football in general. I bump into Steeler fans all over in FL and they generally just know more about the team specifically and football in general than do other fans. MOST Steeler fans I bumped into, prior to the Russ/Fields signing and Kenny trade, knew we were in the shape we were: hurting. Most knew Art II was obstinate, in general, and would hold onto Kenny, trying to force success, while the rest of the world knew change was in order. The majority of fans KNEW this. (But for whatever reason, things changed this season, thank God.)

But I have to say, those who act like "hardcore fans" but really are not (as the ones you are suggesting), do bug me a tad. Cowboy fans in general resemble this remark.
and dont forget head size

I thought you were bald!