• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are there any left?

You know what? I apologize. Seriously. I'm done with this. I agree that Tomlin needs to go. The rest doesn't matter. We both want him gone. Let's hope it happens.

Instead of hiding behind some ridiculous statement that I was comparing Noll to Tomlin, which I clearly wasn't, answer the questions. First, if it is "All" or "Mostly" on Tomlin, does this apply to other coaches, or just Tomlin? Is that only a Tomlin issue? Secondly, if not and you apply that to all coaches, did Noll forget how to coach in the '80s? It was Noll's own team, his offensive and defensive ideologies, his coaching staff and his players. My question really has nothing to do with Tomlin or Noll but it has to do with this idea of "All" or "Most" being on someone who doesn't even play. You remind me of a politician. Don't answer the question and deflect.
Um, I didn't bring up Chuck Noll, you did.

Of course, Noll didn't forget how to coach, but by the end it was obvious that the game had passed him by. He coached for 12 more seasons after his 4th Super Bowl win. This is Tomlin's 15th year without a championship, and he has one ring, not four.

And to directly answer your question, after only one playoff win in his last 7 seasons, the downtrodden state of the Steelers, at that time in 1991, was mostly on Noll. What worked great for him in the 70's was no longer effective in the late '80's and early '90's. Happy?
I will never agree that someone who does not play is more responsible than the people actually playing the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I cannot think of any other job in which this would be the case, the exception being professional sports. I'd like to try it, though. If I screw up at work, well hell, I'll just go in and say, you hired me, I was following your ideologies and I was listening to the administrators you hired. It's mostly your fault! I wonder how that might that pan out for me?
Yes, because your boring life is comparable to a professional football player whose boss has been around too long.
If you don't give a **** about 2008, why do you object so much and so emotionally to my opinion on it? Why is it brought up here almost every time someone criticizes Tomlin? Almost every time. And that is not an exaggeration. If it doesn't matter to you all, why is it one of the reasons used so often to justify Tomlin's removal as head coach?

Thanks for the English lesson.
YOU constantly bring up that Tomlin was the coach in 2008. And I'll continue be here to tell you how irrelevant that fact is in regards to what he's done with the Steelers since then, and right now. You're welcome.

Last edited:
You know what? I apologize. Seriously. I'm done with this. I agree that Tomlin needs to go. The rest doesn't matter. We both want him gone. Let's hope it happens.
Cool.

If Tomlin was not protected under the skirt of Rooney he would have been gone anywhere else after losing two games at home against 2-6 teams.

If Tomlin was not protected under the skirt of Rooney he would have been gone anywhere else after losing two games at home against 2-6 teams.
I think the only other coach to go 6 years without a playoff win and not get fired was Marvin Lewis with Cincy, just off the top of my head, I'd think there has to be a couple others maybe.

The Tomlin Fan Club is bringing the excuses strong on social media this morning.

I think the only other coach to go 6 years without a playoff win and not get fired was Marvin Lewis with Cincy, just off the top of my head, I'd think there has to be a couple others maybe.
Wayne Fontes may have been in Detroit that long and didn’t win jack **** with Barry Sanders.

Wayne Fontes may have been in Detroit that long and didn’t win jack **** with Barry Sanders.
The longest he went without a playoff win was 5 seasons, he was fired after that 5th season

It pains me but after owning the domain name for almost 10 years, the time has come and I've finally set up shop.

Hate to pile on the guy, but the 17 year track record of getting your *** handed to you by teams that barely qualify to be in the NFL, season after season (i.e. Jets, Raiders, and the like) says all that needs to be said. These loses only point to one thing. An underprepared team, that is clearly out-coached by an arrogant man. Something has got to change.

FireTomlin.com