• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are you in?

We don't have a $19 Trillion debt because of FWA. $4.3 Billion is about $25 per tax payer, a year. If we are going to fix things, we need to get real.

Common Trog, you're starting to sound like a politician. A couple Billion here and a couple Billion there and pretty soon we're talkin' real money. I'll take cutting Billions over adding trillions anyday.

Mrs. Clinton has been a lightning rod for their base for two decades. Much of her budget plan — about $1.4 trillion in new spending over the next decade and $1.2 trillion in tax increases aimed mostly at the wealthy, according to a recent independent report — is noxious to House and Senate Republicans
http://www.crfb.org/papers/promises-and-price-tags-fiscal-guide-2016-election.

I'm pretty sure no intelligent pro-pot person ever argued pot doesn't have any ill effects.
I believe it's always that it's less dangerous than alcohol and shouldn't be in the same classification ( class 1 ) as heroin.
And eating marijuana is better for you than smoking, as any non-air inhalent is bad for lungs.
As stated already, he's saying being president demands my full attention at all times so I'm not going to do anything, pot/alcohol/drugs/etc that would detract from that.
Mountain meet molehill.

I guess my problem is that in my profession I deal with a lot of stupid *** teenagers. If I hear one of these dumbasses say one more time they want pot legal because of the medical benefits, I may puke. I haven't heard of a glaucoma outbreak among 17 year olds recently, unless I am out of the loop.

Another thing is some of the loudest mouths about legalizing pot is the kid who is selling it, because he is too ******' dumb and lazy to do anything else. So what the hell is he going to do for money if they legalize it, being he is so lazy and dumb? And they tell me pot has no long term effects.

I guess my problem is that in my profession I deal with a lot of stupid *** teenagers. If I hear one of these dumbasses say one more time they want pot legal because of the medical benefits, I may puke. I haven't heard of a glaucoma outbreak among 17 year olds recently, unless I am out of the loop.

Another thing is some of the loudest mouths about legalizing pot is the kid who is selling it, because he is too ******' dumb and lazy to do anything else. So what the hell is he going to do for money if they legalize it, being he is so lazy and dumb? And they tell me pot has no long term effects.

Can you demonstrate that pot has no medicinal value? Since the kids you work with seem to have incorrect knowledge, according to you, what steps have you taken to educate yourself to the comments they are making? It seems difficult to believe that a professional who deals with kids wouldn't be very educated about all potential drugs (alcohol, meth, heroin, cocaine, refined sugar and all the derivative forms) and their effects on teen health.

Can you demonstrate that pot has no medicinal value? Since the kids you work with seem to have incorrect knowledge, according to you, what steps have you taken to educate yourself to the comments they are making? It seems difficult to believe that a professional who deals with kids wouldn't be very educated about all potential drugs (alcohol, meth, heroin, cocaine, refined sugar and all the derivative forms) and their effects on teen health.

Oh, cmon. Don't be so obtuse. I am not arguing that is has no medical benefits. My issue is them telling me that is their reason for wanting it legal.

Oh, cmon. Don't be so obtuse. I am not arguing that is has no medical benefits. My issue is them telling me that is their reason for wanting it legal.

I really do not get all worked up as to whether to legalize it or not. I object far more to the justification arguments, because they are a crock of ****. Just everyone admit the main reason for wanting pot legalized.

did you just contradict yourself?

did you just contradict yourself?

I don't think so. Perhaps the word justification was not correct. Let me say it clearly then. I object to some 17 year old telling me they want it legal because of the medical benefits, when again, the medical benefits are the last thing on their mind. Really no more, no less than that.

I thought all the pot people where just go with the flow, dude, whatever...You guys get all Stevie Serious if someone raises even the slightest objection to the legalization of pot. Go burn one down and relax.

I do not and will not smoke anything ever. I know plenty who do... I find the criminalization of pot utterly absurd... People have to stop using laws to shove their opinions down your throat. Its their lives... If being baked is how they want to do things thats their business... Period... Guns, drugs, sex... If the person is an adult and they arent hurting others they should be able to do it

I do not and will not smoke anything ever. I know plenty who do... I find the criminalization of pot utterly absurd... People have to stop using laws to shove their opinions down your throat. Its their lives... If being baked is how they want to do things thats their business... Period... Guns, drugs, sex... If the person is an adult and they arent hurting others they should be able to do it

I'm fine with that as long as I don't have to pay for their rent, food and bills and to support their kids so they can sit around getting stoned all day. Drug and alcohol test for all welfare programs and I say have at it.

Yea, but it goes both ways. It seems that the legalize crowd are the one's who get their panties all bunched up when someone has the audacity to suggest that maybe it shouldn't be legal. Then we all have to hear all of the reasons it should be legalized. I have to live and let live and not have an opinion on this matter?

They can legalize it tomorrow and I am not going to smoke it. Not due to any moral issue, I just don't like it. But dammit, I have a right to express my concerns over legalization.

Oh yes, VOTE GARY - more open borders!

Illegal Immigrant Convicted of Breaking into Apartment, Raping Sleeping Six-Year-Old

A Montgomery, Pennsylvania, court has at last found an illegal immigrant guilty of breaking into a Hatfield Township apartment and raping a six-year-old girl while her parents slept in another room, documents reveal. A jury found Oscar Herrera guilty of six of the charges against him, including rape and burglary.

Police arrested the 29-year-old Herrera after he broke into the apartment last November by pushing through a living room window. Police alleged he then crept into the little girl’s room and raped her in her own bed.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-into-apartment-raping-sleeping-six-year-old/

Yeah, no legal American citizen has ever done such a thing.
It's the same as the ridiculous arguments when someone is killed by a gun.
We don't have a gun problem. We have an ******* problem.
Same same here.
While we most certainly have a very big and serious issue with our immigration process, and thus undocumented immigrants setting up shop in America, not every illegal immigrant is a scumbag rapist like the one in the article.
We have a VERY broke government.....starting with the idiot currently at the head of the table and all the way down.
Most of us are descendants of immigrants to this country.
The BIG difference is all our ancestors signed the guestbook on the way in.
I'm pretty sure the Native Americans back then probably felt like we do today.

Yeah, no legal American citizen has ever done such a thing.
It's the same as the ridiculous arguments when someone is killed by a gun.
We don't have a gun problem. We have an ******* problem.
Same same here.
While we most certainly have a very big and serious issue with our immigration process, and thus undocumented immigrants setting up shop in America, not every illegal immigrant is a scumbag rapist like the one in the article.
We have a VERY broke government.....starting with the idiot currently at the head of the table and all the way down.
Most of us are descendants of immigrants to this country.
The BIG difference is all our ancestors signed the guestbook on the way in.
I'm pretty sure the Native Americans back then probably felt like we do today.

Because American citizens do the same as this illegal did doesn't give this illegal a pass...no more than Muslim migrant rapists in Europe get passes because white Europeans rape too...no more than Muslim jihadists get a pass because of the Crusades.

I don't know why people insist on using the "they cancel each other out" argument.

I'm fine with that as long as I don't have to pay for their rent, food and bills and to support their kids so they can sit around getting stoned all day. Drug and alcohol test for all welfare programs and I say have at it.

Im cool with that, but we need cheaper drug tests then lol.. Cost would be the same

Common Trog, you're starting to sound like a politician. A couple Billion here and a couple Billion there and pretty soon we're talkin' real money. I'll take cutting Billions over adding trillions anyday.

No, quite the opposite. Politicians talk about cutting "a couple billion" and completely ignore adding to the trillions.

It's very unpopular to suggest cutting Medicare, Social Security or defense spending or raising taxes. The reality is we need to do some combination of those things if we are ever going to address our debt.

Because American citizens do the same as this illegal did doesn't give this illegal a pass...no more than Muslim migrant rapists in Europe get passes because white Europeans rape too...no more than Muslim jihadists get a pass because of the Crusades.

I don't know why people insist on using the "they cancel each other out" argument.

I'm not suggesting a "pass" or implying "they cancel each other out".
But it's not a cause and effect scenario that you seem to be implicating, either.
The little girl wasn't raped because the guy was an illegal immigrant.
The little girl was raped because the illegal immigrant is a scumbag.
There's a gigantic difference.
The guy deserves zero leniency or sympathy and should be sentenced to life in prison and will find out what it's like to be raped......over and over and over again.
And he deserves regardless of his immigration status.

It would still be one less rape if he had been deported or not able to get into the country in the first place.
If you're a professional person from western Europe you can hardly get into the U.S. The whole system is geared toward letting in low-skill low-wage workers from Mexico, Central, and South America, plus the Muzzies that the President is bringing in.
Now then, when you increase the supply of low-skill low-wage labor (which depresses wages) and at the same time insist on a higher minimum wage (which reduces the demand for low-skill low-wage labor) the result is instant unemployment. And when people are unemployed and unable to find work, they become dependent on the government and vote Democrat.

It would still be one less rape if he had been deported or not able to get into the country in the first place..

But...but JonBoy wait, we can't deport these criminals if their home Country don't want their sorry ***** back now can we ?

The State Department is thwarting efforts to deport immigrants to China, Guinea, Liberia and other countries that are reluctant to take back their own citizens convicted of crimes — forcing immigration agents to release often-violent criminals back onto the streets, U.S. government documents show.

The Homeland Security Department’s deportation agency has filed several petitions asking the State Department to take steps to punish recalcitrant countries, including the ultimate punishment of denying visas to visitors from those countries. But the department has failed to follow through on the plain language in federal law, saying it doesn’t want to anger foreign governments by withholding the visas.

In the meantime, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is forced to release the immigrants, many of whom commit further serious crimes. The recidivism rate is 30 percent or higher for criminal aliens released from detention.

And the backlog is growing: Some 35,000 immigrants with criminal records are awaiting deportation back to Cuba, while the number of migrants awaiting deportation to China stands at 1,900, ICE said in documents provided to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, after questioning by Chairman Jason Chaffetz, Utah Republican, and ranking Democrat Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland.

The two lawmakers are demanding that the State Department explain why it has refused to deny visas or block funding to recalcitrant countries, as the law requires.

The State Department declined to answer a series of questions from The Washington Times. Instead, it released a response that insisted the department tried to work with Homeland Security “on a case-by-case basis, taking into account all of the factors surrounding each circumstance.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/4/state-department-thwarts-deportations-to-appease-i/

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about our State Dept. Is it just because of some bad apples in their midst, is it polluted with idiots like Kerry or was the "Hillary hex' too ingrained into the system when she left ?

They are worried about angering Cuba by denying visas ....really ?

gov-vs-resources.jpg

Last edited:
Now then, when you increase the supply of low-skill low-wage labor (which depresses wages) and at the same time insist on a higher minimum wage (which reduces the demand for low-skill low-wage labor) the result is instant unemployment. And when people are unemployed and unable to find work, they become dependent on the government and vote Democrat.

And this is the difference in the way those that are fiscally conservative, and those that are not, think.
Economic 101 courses in places of higher education are not filled with liberals.

And this is the difference in the way those that are fiscally conservative, and those that are not, think.
Economic 101 courses in places of higher education are not filled with liberals.

Yep, jus like the people that will vote for Hillary 'cause they think they hate Trump.

View attachment 2461

Yep, jus like the people that will vote for Hillary 'cause they think they hate Trump.

View attachment 2461

None of that matters. Here is what matters:
1. First Woman President
2. Keep abortion legal (not that the GOP can take it away, but that scares Liberals into donating money)
3. Keeps mah welfare check coming
4. Open borders with lots of illegals future Democrat voters coming in

Some Muzzies who bought her off could bomb the Statue of Liberty tomorrow and everyone who wants the four things listed above would still vote for her, maybe two or three times.

If we provide a means for people to work here legally and do jobs Americans don't want to do, we will be able to monitor who is coming and going. We will be able to focus our resources on the people who really shouldn't be here rather than wasting time and effort trying to keep out all of the decent hard working people who just want to earn a living.

Johnson's stance on immigration my be a bit too extreme but so is Trump's. A wall isn't going to happen and even if it did it wouldn't solve the problem.

Johnson's stance on immigration my be a bit too extreme but so is Trump's. A wall isn't going to happen and even if it did it wouldn't solve the problem.
"The Wall" is a metaphor for tightening up on the unimpeded flow. Not a literal reality.

"The Wall" is a metaphor for tightening up on the unimpeded flow. Not a literal reality.

Maybe... but I believe there will be a wall or two put up in strategic areas that need it. Every time we closed a section of the border, they just went to another area so maybe it isn't that bad an idea.

Most of our problem isn't the actual border though, it's the businesses that hire the illegals and our lax govt programs giving them unearned benefits. Take away the free stuff and start throwing employers that hire illegals in jail and the problem will eventually go away. I'm a firm believer that illegals will self deport before they starve to death.

198839.jpg

Now, can Johnson/Weld pull the magic number (15%) in polling to get in the debates? How does it work; average of top national polls? Polling has always been questionable to me, with agenda-driven outlets doing the polling. I can't help but think it's just as rigged as everything else in politics. Oh, and I've never received a call from a pollster asking me what I think.

But...but JonBoy wait, we can't deport these criminals if their home Country don't want their sorry ***** back now can we ?

It's an invasion - they already think they own us

148_-_Make_America_Mexico_Again-Box_large.jpg

trump-protest-mexican-flag-reuters-640x480.jpg

america-mexico.jpg

make-america-mexico-again.jpg

Make-America-Mexico-Again-Cronkite-News--640x480.jpg

mexican-kids-flip-bird-trump-575x329.jpg

mexican-flag-alien-disruptors-678x381.png