• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Art II comments; reading between the lines

Art forcing Pickett back into QB1 frontrunner is going to tear the locker room apart. The Best skill guys on the team have already endorsed Mason. Gonna get ugly
F-em bigben!
All those "skill guys" haven't done nada but ***** and moan.... and will not be remembered with Steeler greats of the past when their all said and done.
Rooney is not going to let those jerboni's run his program the way he wants to run it.

Art forcing Pickett back into QB1 frontrunner is going to tear the locker room apart. The Best skill guys on the team have already endorsed Mason. Gonna get ugly

**** those skill guys. They can get on the team bus or get on.

I wish they'd stop drafting these selfish little lazy cunts...me me me me.

No more diva cunts with this over inflated sense of self worth.

**** those skill guys. They can get on the team bus or get on.

I wish they'd stop drafting these selfish little lazy cunts...me me me me.

No more diva cunts with this over inflated sense of self worth.

Yep, Draft football players instead of head-cases, might put our HC Whisperer out of business……..

Salute the nation

Yep, Draft football players instead of head-cases, might put our HC Whisperer out of business……..
Except he's not that good at it. If he were so good at being a HC Whisperer, what the F happened to AB, Pickens, Bryant, etc? What about the CB from Cleveland? Couldn't reach him either.

F-em bigben!
All those "skill guys" haven't done nada but ***** and moan.... and will not be remembered with Steeler greats of the past when their all said and done.
Rooney is not going to let those jerboni's run his program the way he wants to run it.
I get it but Rooney is the jerbroni sinking his own ship. The ship has been taking water since the Killer Bee's era. The overpaid underperforming defense, all the first round draft misses, Sticking with kenny just because you drafted him too high is just going to add fuel to the fire. Who on offense has played up to expectations besides Jaylen Warren and Pickens? Nobody

It’s not really Art. As we’ve seen, Shades bases his depth chart largely on draft position.

What are you looking for as far as significance? I already read Sullivan's return is contingent on finding another gig. If he doesn't he is back.

I think regardless that D will remain handcuffed with questionable scheme. The O-line will need to be coach upgraded.

Not sure Smith will be the upgrade fans desire. He still called plays in Atlanta even if he was HC overmatched. He definitely showed he will need better QB play. Not sure we will get that if they trot the same cast out.

Seems like a lot of questions with very little obvious answers. For me basically the norm....
Nearly cleaning house with the offensive coaching staff.

QB: Young up and comer QB coach, Mark Whipple assistant as Kenny's personal QB coach
WR: A coach who can develop Pickens into a dominant receiver and keep DJ and Pickens in line, giving effort throughout the game.
OL: Make a change here for a coach that doesn't take 10-12 games to get the line together. A coach who doesn't have the OL look completely lost in pass protection or a jumbled mess run blocking early in the season. Add an assistant coach who is a strong teacher.
Offensive Analyst: They had one of these on defense with Flores. I believe I read Kingsbury was an analyst last year.

If you're giving Kenny one ore season, you absolutely cannot bring everyone back an expect different. Wholesale changes are necessary because the offense wasn't just bad, but it was one of the worst in the league. The first-round QB was one of the worst as well. Even if they cleaned house, they're going to struggle to do any better than 7th with Pickett at QB unless he takes some major strides next season.

I get it but Rooney is the jerbroni sinking his own ship. The ship has been taking water since the Killer Bee's era. The overpaid underperforming defense, all the first round draft misses, Sticking with kenny just because you drafted him too high is just going to add fuel to the fire. Who on offense has played up to expectations besides Jaylen Warren and Pickens? Nobody

We will see soon how the offseason will go with free agency. If they resign Mason or bring in a free agent to compete for the starting QB job.

What is fairly certain is they will keep building the lines through the draft.

This is going to be a power running team again. They will pass off of that.

The defense seriously needs some talent at LB. They've invested so much money in that thing and it's pretty pathetic outside of a pass rush that works well for about half a season.

Rudolph isn't signed for next year. You know that right? He will look elsewhere again first.

Nearly cleaning house with the offensive coaching staff.

QB: Young up and comer QB coach, Mark Whipple assistant as Kenny's personal QB coach
WR: A coach who can develop Pickens into a dominant receiver and keep DJ and Pickens in line, giving effort throughout the game.
OL: Make a change here for a coach that doesn't take 10-12 games to get the line together. A coach who doesn't have the OL look completely lost in pass protection or a jumbled mess run blocking early in the season. Add an assistant coach who is a strong teacher.
Offensive Analyst: They had one of these on defense with Flores. I believe I read Kingsbury was an analyst last year.

If you're giving Kenny one ore season, you absolutely cannot bring everyone back an expect different. Wholesale changes are necessary because the offense wasn't just bad, but it was one of the worst in the league. The first-round QB was one of the worst as well. Even if they cleaned house, they're going to struggle to do any better than 7th with Pickett at QB unless he takes some major strides next season.
Our Defense has been a bigger disappointment actually. And no changes forthcoming at the moment.

Read Art II's comments. Bunch of craaaaap.
There is perhaps NO other offense than Smith's that does not fit the Steeler's personnel. Of course that was the big f*ckin problem w/ Matt Canada - asking players to do sh*t they suck at.

Smith's blocking scheme is THE single most wild-*** change to the way the Steelers have played offense in 30 years. No sh*t.

THIS is not an inside zone running game. It's an inside-MAN running game. it's OL heavy. Heavy. The lineman are "taught" the old school method to drive block whomever is straight ahead. There isn't any "getting to the second level". Tough-guy ball is right.
You're not gonna see anymore sh*t like seal-off type blocks - oh no. It's get a big, burly guy and combo off the Mike, DTs & DEs at the point and try to hold off the edges as best you can. Very easy to spot - of course if the QB learns how to fake, it's very easy to create misdirection thru just pure momentum from the D's previous muscle-memory trying to stop what amounts to a cattle run. Pamplona right or Pamplona left.

Looking at OL - i'd keep Jones and Herbig. Literally everyone else (who got somewhat okay at sealing off) has to go because either their too small or they cannot drive block to f*ckin save their own lives. Steelers are in the market for Nate Davis at LT, LG and C.

Rudolph isn't signed for next year. You know that right? He will look elsewhere again first.
This. I feel Mason may have earned a contract close to Mitch’s on another team. I don’t see him wanting to stay waiting in the wings again behind Kenny or another drafted rookie. Of course-a bigger pay day could make him change his mind.
As I have stated mentioned in a previous post and Kaboly has said the same thing and Art has hinted to it-Mitch may be back in 2024. He does fit the Arthur Smith mold of first round mobile quarterback busts such as Tannehill and Mariotta more than Rudolph-not to say Mason couldn’t roll out or bail for a few gains- he can. We won’t know until free agency. I could see Kahn restructuring Trubisky’s 2024 contract to make it more cap friendly this year and make it easier to part ways in 2025. Business wise-would be cheaper than bringing in a Mariotta, Tyrod Taylor, Brisset or Tannehill. I think the 2024/25 roster has a pretty good chance of looking like this-
Kenny, Mitch, Insert Rookie QB here

Careful here, BigBen, or you will be labeled "not a fan" because you actually criticize the team for some decisions. A real fan doesn't do that!

Athletic_Heather_e8b03211-d54d-4c89-81fc-923ff5dfbaf6.png

It’s not really Art. As we’ve seen, Shades bases his depth chart largely on draft position.
Can you imagine if coaches like Shanahan did that? The 9ers would be sitting at home with Brock Purdy sitting on the bench. Shades "pedigree" decisions are just another pile of crap we have to outperform.

6 million in dead money is the reason mitch will ride a painted pony into training camp. Kenny #1. That combo should get 8 or 9 wins. Saves money too. Rooney wins. Tomlin wins. Fans lose.