• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Art II comments; reading between the lines

Why ON EARTH would Mitch be welcomed back? He sucked more than a Hoover vacuum cleaner.
I’m willing to give all our QB’s a pass, so to speak, until we see how they do with a decent OC.

Last edited:
6 million in dead money is the reason mitch will ride a painted pony into training camp. Kenny #1. That combo should get 8 or 9 wins. Saves money too. Rooney wins. Tomlin wins. Fans lose.
So frustrating. Naaa, it's all good, 9 wins and Tomlin keeps his non-losing record! That's all that matters! Don't they give our a trophy and rings for that?

WR: A coach who can develop Pickens into a dominant receiver and keep DJ and Pickens in line, giving effort throughout the game.

if that were to ever happen - and i'd bet my life savings that it could never happen - then i would guess that the Steelers would place Pickens & Nae-Nae on some sort of watch:

sub-buzz-2102-1565821091-1.jpg

I’m willing to give all our QB’s a pass, so to speak, until we see how the do with a decent OC.
I’ll raise your bet Ron

I’m willing to give every player on the roster a chance

Until we see how they do with a decent head coach

alright,alright im bluffin
Still gonna bust their balls when they do and say stupid 💩

We will see soon how the offseason will go with free agency. If they resign Mason or bring in a free agent to compete for the starting QB job.

What is fairly certain is they will keep building the lines through the draft.

This is going to be a power running team again. They will pass off of that.

The defense seriously needs some talent at LB. They've invested so much money in that thing and it's pretty pathetic outside of a pass rush that works well for about half a season.
Yep if they shore up the middle of the field on defense, all of a sudden it i a decent defense. add another CB and could be good to go.

Can you imagine if coaches like Shanahan did that? The 9ers would be sitting at home with Brock Purdy sitting on the bench. Shades "pedigree" decisions are just another pile of crap we have to outperform.
pretty sure Purdy was last on the depth chart behind Jimmy G, Sam D, and 1 other. Lance maybe? then injuries started happening

ep if they shore up the middle of the field on defense, all of a sudden it i a decent defense. add another CB and could be good to go.
That's still too vague; shore up the middle how? Do you mean just a decent NT or does the "middle" consist of the DEs too? You have t remember that Cam plays "end" technically but is referred to as a DT. (Not 1 person has bee able to explain that 1 to me.) So, if Cam is a DT the I suppose his position would be considered the "middle" as well. If so, then the entire DL is the "middle." Then, of course, you have the ILBs which are definitely the "middle." So, in your synopsis, what all positions are you counting to be "in the middle?" Definitely NT and ILBs. We need shored up there for sure. At least 2 players worth. But the DE/DTs could also be part of that "middle." Cam has already stated that if they try to make him take $1 less, he will walk, so that means we are left paying a soon-to-be 35-year-old DE/DT $16 mill. It looks like we are going to need 4 more players to "upgrade the middle."

That's still too vague; shore up the middle how? Do you mean just a decent NT or does the "middle" consist of the DEs too? You have t remember that Cam plays "end" technically but is referred to as a DT. (Not 1 person has bee able to explain that 1 to me.) So, if Cam is a DT the I suppose his position would be considered the "middle" as well. If so, then the entire DL is the "middle." Then, of course, you have the ILBs which are definitely the "middle." So, in your synopsis, what all positions are you counting to be "in the middle?" Definitely NT and ILBs. We need shored up there for sure. At least 2 players worth. But the DE/DTs could also be part of that "middle." Cam has already stated that if they try to make him take $1 less, he will walk, so that means we are left paying a soon-to-be 35-year-old DE/DT $16 mill. It looks like we are going to need 4 more players to "upgrade the middle."
sorry, I am not obsessed with what they are going to do with Cam. I responded to a comment about needing LB help and shoring up the middle of the field on defense.

sorry, I am not obsessed with what they are going to do with Cam. I responded to a comment about needing LB help and shoring up the middle of the field on defense.
Right, Cam is listed as DT, that's the middle if I ever heard of the middle.

F-em bigben!
All those "skill guys" haven't done nada but ***** and moan.... and will not be remembered with Steeler greats of the past when their all said and done.
Rooney is not going to let those jerboni's run his program the way he wants to run it.
A lot of these guys don’t care about being remembered. They are there to collect their $$$ and leave.

If I could coast $22 million a year and be forgotten. I’d do that in a heart beat lol. These guys know how to game the system much like anything else in life

is he a LB? quit being a little *****.
This is what you posted.....
ep if they shore up the middle of the field on defense, all of a sudden it i a decent defense.
Nothing specific about LBs, just said "middle of the field on defense." Mean what you post and post what you mean, the 1st rule of posting. Wake up and get with it. I'm not a mind reader.

Nothing specific about LBs, just said "middle of the field on defense." Mean what you post and post what you mean, the 1st rule of posting. Wake up and get with it. I'm not a mind reader.
read the post I responded to sparky

He was responding to this comment specifically about linebackers:

"The defense seriously needs some talent at LB. They've invested so much money in that thing and it's pretty pathetic outside of a pass rush that works well for about half a season"

He was responding to this comment specifically about linebackers:

"The defense seriously needs some talent at LB. They've invested so much money in that thing and it's pretty pathetic outside of a pass rush that works well for about half a season"
Team is 1-11 in games TJ Watt doesn’t play.
That tells me that the rest of the defense isn’t very good.

"The defense seriously needs some talent at LB. They've invested so much money in that thing and it's pretty pathetic outside of a pass rush that works well for about half the season."
Well, he didn't specify, only mentioned "middle of D." We haven't had ILB right since Shazier went down. But there's more to the "middle of the D" than ILB. We STILL don't have NT right, haven't since Hampton retired. Tomlin refuses to learn what a legit NT is in a 3-4, has never understood it, refuses to learn. He seems actually retarded on the subject.

Well, he didn't specify, only mentioned "middle of D." We haven't had ILB right since Shazier went down. But there's more to the "middle of the D" than ILB. We STILL don't have NT right, haven't since Hampton retired. Tomlin refuses to learn what a legit NT is in a 3-4, has never understood it, refuses to learn. He seems actually retarded on the subject.
Because he loves his precious friggen’ Tampa 2.

Because he loves his precious friggen’ Tampa 2.
Except he won't just commit to it; he plays these "in between" games mixing the 2 defenses and ends up with the 21st ranked D while spending more $ than any other team on D. Great going Shades. Way to make the most out of your resources. Spends more than ANY team in the NFL and ends up with the 21st rated D. Really wise. Hey, his decisions are so genius, the last 5 times we've been in the playoffs, we average giving up 40+ PPG, per game. Way to go Shades. That's just brilliant.