• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Arthur Smiths 2019-20 Tennessee Titans OC Analysis

Sometimes guys just peak at positions that get them the chance to be a HC. There is no shame in being a quality OC or DC and not being able to pull off the HC gig. They can make a name for themselves and huge money at that level.

Here’s hoping that this is the case for Smith, and he settles in and does a good job for the next few years. This is my hope since Shades isn’t going anywhere.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly surprised and I don't think it's a huge deal either way. Rudolph knows exactly what he's getting in Pittsburgh and from the Steelers perspective, he's not a QB who is going to lead them to a deep playoff run, IMO. Signing Tannehill would be underwhelming if the Steelers actually want to try to contend this year. I could see giving Kenny another chance with a vet like Tannehill if the Steelers didn't have a ready-made defense that has finished in the top 10 in points against in 4 of the past 5 years. Make a move to try to get QB who is good enough to take advantage of the defense while we still have it.

So it will be Tannehill then.
It would be so Steeler-like to sign Tannehill to a "deal." Deuce will love it if the price is right/cheap. And that way there won't be much pressure to bench Kenny since the backup offers a weak challenge. Right up Art's alley.

Make a move to try to get QB who is good enough to take advantage of the defense while we still have it.
"Still have it?" The 21st rated D, not sure what we "have" exactly. Huge weakness in 5 out of the front 7 players. And the secondary has 2 studs and 2 duds. Not what I'd call a "world beater" defense. Now in PPG we're 7th, not too shabby, but when you offense avg. 17 PPG your D giving up 19 PPG isn't all that impressive.

I don't see anything wrong with bringing tannehill. Better than Trubisky and more experienced than Rudolph (who probably doesn't want to come back anyway)

don't see anything wrong with bringing tannehill. Better that'll Trubisky and more experienced than Rudolph (who probably doesn't want to come back anyway)
In itself, perhaps not, but when you see how SF handles things vs. how we do, well, one team is in the SB, and it's not us.

In itself, perhaps not, but when you see how SF handles things vs. how we do, well, one team is in the SB, and it's not us.
This year the Steelers should be all about continue building the trenches and get ready to draft another QB if Pickens keeps getting injured or doesn't become a bona-fide starter (a cousins level kind of qb at the least, which for me is his sort of expected ceiling)

"Still have it?" The 21st rated D, not sure what we "have" exactly. Huge weakness in 5 out of the front 7 players. And the secondary has 2 studs and 2 duds. Not what I'd call a "world beater" defense. Now in PPG we're 7th, not too shabby, but when you offense avg. 17 PPG your D giving up 19 PPG isn't all that impressive.
As I said in the post, points against. I don’t really care about yards when they’re keeping teams from scoring. Granted with the talent they have they should rank higher in yards against as well.

They are playing today so yeah they handled things well this year. But this is the same team that wasted a ton of draft capital to draft Trey Lance.