• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Arthur Smith's Offense

So all that explains all of his TO's? Ummm....OK. Any way......Wilson will be our starter....not Fields.

No the majority of his turnovers early on I would say are his because hes trying to make play but there is a reason why most teams who take first rd qbs go out of their way to make sure its not all on the young qb to make the plays but the bears did the opposite . I dont think he was in position for the expectation to simply be managed the offense ,take the checkdown and get the playmakers the ball because up until they got DJ Moore the bears had no playmakers for him to simply do that . We can tell hm if its not there quickly dump it to Naj or Warren but he didnt even have those options last year for the Bears.

I went and checked and he cut down on his turnovers tremendously the second half of last season

The first 6 games of last year he had 6 ints and 2 fumbles lost
He missed 4 games due to injury
The last 7 games he had 3 ints and 2 fumbles lost but 2 of the ints were hail marys from two halves of the same game

This one of those three Ints and its why I think he can still be even better in that regard with more stability and coaching.

No the majority of his turnovers early on I would say are his because hes trying to make play but there is a reason why most teams who take first rd qbs go out of their way to make sure its not all on the young qb to make the plays but the bears did the opposite . I dont think he was in position for the expectation to simply be managed the offense ,take the checkdown and get the playmakers the ball because up until they got DJ Moore the bears had no playmakers for him to simply do that . We can tell hm if its not there quickly dump it to Naj or Warren but he didnt even have those options last year for the Bears.

I went and checked and he cut down on his turnovers tremendously the second half of last season

The first 6 games of last year he had 6 ints and 2 fumbles lost
He missed 4 games due to injury
The last 7 games he had 3 ints and 2 fumbles lost but 2 of the ints were hail marys from two halves of the same game

This one of those three Ints and its why I think he can still be even better in that regard with more stability and coaching.

Good presenting case...