• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

As of week 14, draft order————————- NO cleveland

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As of right now, today, our Beloved STEELERS would be the 23rd order.

I can see it now, a mad dash to the podium……….. Josh Miller announces………….

With our first pick of the mighty PITTSBURGH STEELERS, we select fellow brother ___________ Punter out of _____________

I think it’s the TEXANs who have Cleveland’s pick at #24

Salute the nation

Yinz act like we didn't have damn good draft this last year with a new man in charge. It is one area we seem to be doing well in.

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

If Coach Tomlin would exit himself from the total control he seems to need, then let them HIRE competent cordinators / assistants, He could very well be the HC needed.

Both previous HC’s went through a sub-coaching overhaul and came out for the better of it. CAN Coach Tomlin pull off the same ? We know what he gives us as is…………. Isn’t enough.

Salute the nation

Graham Barton, OL, Duke
that's who we should target at 1. 23

If I had to guess, the Steelers will go OT, IDL, CB, or WR in the first round and IOL in the second or third, depending on where the centers fall.

Currently we need that RT or a LT that is better than Broderick Jones. Jones should be at LT.

Definately need a OC, not some low end cheap-O, but a fully qualified stud type Darmonte Dawson type, Maybe Creed Humphrey will fall to our 2nd round pick…………

Trade Oakorafor if possible and save cap space if possible.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
1st round Ol or DL
Trade DJ for second use it on a new Wr
Use our second on a OL DL or CB
Use the 3rd on a CB, OL DL or Ilb
At this point I would rather trade Pickens. DJ is better despite his flaws. Pickens has a higher ceiling for sure but I doubt he ever reaches it. He is too enamored with his talent and doesn't seem to work hard enough on route running and blocking when he should even though he is very capable at blocking. Doesn't help to be able to block well if you don't do it.

23 OT

Amarius Mims

55 LB Trotter JR
87 C Van Pern or if somehow Zinter falls him and convert him to C

At this point I would rather trade Pickens. DJ is better despite his flaws. Pickens has a higher ceiling for sure but I doubt he ever reaches it. He is too enamored with his talent and doesn't seem to work hard enough on route running and blocking when he should even though he is very capable at blocking. Doesn't help to be able to block well if you don't do it.
nah. send DJ with his ignorance and immaturity to the Chefs. Upgrade from Toney and he fits the WRs they have in that he doesnt have thumbs either.

ILB is right up there with TE and RB for me as avoiding in the first round.
Considering how we get gashed up the middle and by tight ends maybe it needs to be a priority. The position can set the whole tone and identity for the defense and is the QB so to speak. I think we have vastly underrated how important it is in light of how badly we play when we are lacking there.

It’s really too early for a reliable mock, but I feel that we could get a good C in the second…
I definitely think if that other Georgia OT is there in the first you take him then deal Chuks or moore or both for later round picks… oline would be set for a dog’s age

It’s really too early for a reliable mock, but I feel that we could get a good C in the second…
I definitely think if that other Georgia OT is there in the first you take him then deal Chuks or moore or both for later round picks… oline would be set for a dog’s age

I like that idea a lot, top & early picks, to solidify that OL. Until that trench is secure, you spend near everything on it.

The N FL is about offense and offense 1st. Defense is secondary in this leaguer,

Salute the nation

I like that idea a lot, top & early picks, to solidify that OL. Until that trench is secure, you spend near everything on it.

The N FL is about offense and offense 1st. Defense is secondary in this leaguer,

Salute the nation
I don't know this year has seen less offense and some bad offensive teams winning some games based on defense. Normally though I would agree. Center is absolutely the biggest need on offense before anything else. Defense I still think ILB has to addressed with a premium pick and even a second pick later on. A good character TJ Watt type player.