• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Asian stock markets dropping hard

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Japan had it's biggest two day drop ever. Taiwan and So Korea also hit very hard.

Click for link here

1722857588431-png.581080

30 years ago, no one knew about the Nikkei, lol.

This seems like a tremor, liquidity moving away from yet AND profit taking in crypto as EU mkts have bounced from lows. But the real $$$ is in US.

As US mkts open, watch for lower lows during the day as that will signal direction for the next few days. Lots of August's have volatile mkts because of limited liquidity (holidays for most of EU and many Americans) and a profit taking period is due after the recent easy money runup.....

This seems like a tremor, liquidity moving away from yet AND profit taking in crypto as EU mkts have bounced from lows. But the real $$$ is in US.

As US mkts open, watch for lower lows during the day as that will signal direction for the next few days. Lots of August's have volatile mkts because of limited liquidity (holidays for most of EU and many Americans) and a profit taking period is due after the recent easy money runup.....

Both Japan and S. Korea markets are tanking for genuine reasons - their debt is too massive to support the government-funded economic "growth" (in the form of government spending as a part of GDP), and their monetary policies have made the countries unable to try and stem the decline with cheap money/zero interest. Japan also holds more than $1 trillion in US debt and the United States' recent lowering of its currency value by dumping trillions of dollars of unbacked currency into the market means that the Yen has gained value over the past four years, so Japan is now paying back that debt with more valuable Yen, i.e., paying more on the debt.

The massive, insane, irresponsible spending of a lot of Western governments WILL trigger breathtaking losses and hardship. Is this the beginning of some very serious corrections and a final reckoning that a $35 trillion national debt means the nation is bankrupt and cannot continue spending like it has? Don't bet against it.

The massive, insane, irresponsible spending of a lot of Western governments WILL trigger breathtaking losses and hardship. Is this the beginning of some very serious corrections and a final reckoning that a $35 trillion national debt means the nation is bankrupt and cannot continue spending like it has? Don't bet against it.
So, I prep for survival.

So, I prep for survival.
  • Acreage? Check
  • Growing own food? Begun
  • Firearms? Check
  • Ammo? Check
  • Water supply? Check
  • Dried food (cereal, oatmeal, pasta, flour, yeast, sugar, brown sugar) stored? Check
  • Long-lasting wet food (peanut butter, syrup) stored? Check
Not me, just giving a checklist. I would never have guns & ammo, since you guys know guns scare me.

Forgot that Buffet filings disclosed that he'd sold half his Apple position - clear proft-taking - so that in and of itself is a market negative on a quiet weekend.

Here is a good place to watch the action if you are interested:

This is just a market correction and the dust will settle for another day. The great reset is going to happen and all markets will crash, national debts forgiven, and a new currency will be ushered in to control us lemmings. It's just not today.

• Acreage? Check
  • Firearms? Check
  • Ammo? Check
  • Water supply? Check
  • Dried food (cereal, oatmeal, pasta, flour, yeast, sugar, brown sugar) stored? Check
Not me, just giving a checklist. I would never have guns & ammo, since you guys know guns scare me.
Plan to kill Steeltime? Check.

GUOXgb_WUAAaOPi

Both Japan and S. Korea markets are tanking for genuine reasons - their debt is too massive to support the government-funded economic "growth" (in the form of government spending as a part of GDP), and their monetary policies have made the countries unable to try and stem the decline with cheap money/zero interest. Japan also holds more than $1 trillion in US debt and the United States' recent lowering of its currency value by dumping trillions of dollars of unbacked currency into the market means that the Yen has gained value over the past four years, so Japan is now paying back that debt with more valuable Yen, i.e., paying more on the debt.

Simpler explanation is the unwinding of the Yen carry trade for those most leveraged. You can read up on short term market effects that dominate in low volume times. Nikkei has barely changed in decades, but sure bounces around, providing extra up/down for those bettors.

Simpler explanation is the unwinding of the Yen carry trade for those most leveraged. You can read up on short term market effects that dominate in low volume times. Nikkei has barely changed in decades, but sure bounces around, providing extra up/down for those bettors.

Confluence, last night (for us) was the single greatest decline in the history of the Nikkei. Calling this a "bounce" is ... less than accurate.

When you allow your government, who is supposed to represent YOU, to cheat and steel elections this is what happens. Ask Litos. It will only get worse unless we stop it now. I had a business associate about 15 years ago who had a thriving company in Venezuela. Chavez’s goons put a gun to his head, literally and took possession of it. He fled to Puerto Rico and started over. That’s when I met him.

This is just a market correction and the dust will settle for another day. The great reset is going to happen and all markets will crash, national debts forgiven, and a new currency will be ushered in to control us lemmings. It's just not today.
Ha! Joke's on them, I lost my IRA to keep from going bankrupt when I sold my business at a loss thanks to Obamunism.
Mom was pissed at me two years ago when I sold all of her stocks in the nest egg my dad left her (I have a POA) and told the broker to buy bonds with a fixed interest rate.
You're welcome.

• Acreage? Check
  • Firearms? Check
  • Ammo? Check
  • Water supply? Check
way ahead on this.

1. Acreage?- Check
2. growing old food? check 2 years worth in freezer/dehydrated or canned. and growing moew
3.Firearms? check. what is the saying? better bring yours when you come and take mine
4. ammo? check
5.Water supply? check. and 1 years worth of bottled in basement
6. Dried food? 2 years' worth
7. wet food? have some not a lot
8. gas masks? check
9. Seeds for future? check
10. hope that this is for nothing? dbl chk

way ahead on this.

1. Acreage?- Check
2. growing old food? check 2 years worth in freezer/dehydrated or canned. and growing moew
3.Firearms? check. what is the saying? better bring yours when you come and take mine
4. ammo? check
5.Water supply? check. and 1 years worth of bottled in basement
6. Dried food? 2 years' worth
7. wet food? have some not a lot
8. gas masks? check
9. Seeds for future? check
10. hope that this is for nothing? dbl chk
Preps are insurance. You have them, and hope you never use them.

Confluence, last night (for us) was the single greatest decline in the history of the Nikkei. Calling this a "bounce" is ... less than accurate.
Maybe just check in the am counselor.
Pretty large upside move on open......it's how a bounce works