• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Baker. Umm....Baker Talk

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm...not sure what to say. Y'all say it. Not sure if I'm dahn or not.

The Steelers would “pounce” on an opportunity to sign Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield if he is cut by the Browns, according to Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot.

During an appearance on the Orange and Brown Talk podcast, Cabot reports the Browns weren’t getting too many calls from teams interested in trading for Mayfield as of Tuesday. If Cleveland was forced to cut Mayfield, the Steelers would jump at the chance of signing him as a free agent. The segment can be seen here at the 5:45 mark.

The Browns are looking for a first-round draft pick in a trade that would include Mayfield, according to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. But given the buyer’s market and the 49ers asking for two second-round picks for Jimmy Garoppolo, it will be difficult to get a team to bite for Cleveland’s price.

The starting job in Pittsburgh is wide open after the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger this past season, but the team has no shortage of quarterbacks. Mitch Trubisky, Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins are all signed to the Steelers, but Mayfield would easily be the most experienced and successful signal-caller among them if signed. He’d be the favorite to start for a team that finished 9–7 in the 2021–22 season.

I wouldn't have minded this if we didn't sign mitch. Skillwise i think they are similar and Baker brings energy. Now it doesn't make sense to sign him

I wouldn't have minded this if we didn't sign mitch. Skillwise i think they are similar and Baker brings energy. Now it doesn't make sense to sign him
Yep. Its too late.

Ehhh…….ummmmm…….uhhhhhh….. I’m gonna pass. Tired of “attitude”. We need professionals. Hell Brahns even said they wanted an “adult” at QB. Were willing to take on the PR headache of Watson over this guy. Another place, another time maybe.

He beat us pretty soundly in the playoff game last year.

My thinking is, generally, in a weak sort of half assed way yes maybe if it doesn't cost us much. Don't give up any capital. If he's a free agent, price is right, worth a shot.

Can't stand the guy, but...

Click Bait

Could you imagine Baker moving into Hinze Field and mowing the lawn..................... He'd set grass stem traps for rayray.............

OH wait

ray ray isn't even on the team, neither is baker...... and I hope it stays that way.................................................

Salute the nation

If it means using our 1st on a defensive guy VS a QB I would want Baker for a mid round pick.

This is the EXACT same thing I thought of as I read the article...

Baker is waaaay better than Rudy and you have someone who can win games, IF, Mitch got hurt...
Baker is a loser in the nfl.. he plays to get attention and forces too many passes… also he is an immature douche crybaby… let him flush whats left of his career down the toilet in some other nfl city… he wont accept a backup spot and he’s just not a good starter

Hope not. Looking forward to being the stainless Steelers once Joe Haden leaves.

No disrespect to Joe.

Does this mean if we sign him he will be living at Heinz Field? Why do I feel like I need to shower with a firehose?

What makes you think that egotistical jackass wouldn’t be a huge disruption especially as a backup? I say let him tank someone else’s season
I don't see him as a backup disruption. But I doubt he would sign with someone that he has a decent chance to be just that.

He has a better chance to start with a few other teams. I am sure he would take the path of least resistance.

I don't see him as a backup disruption. But I doubt he would sign with someone that he has a decent chance to be just that.

He has a better chance to start with a few other teams. I am sure he would take the path of least resistance.
Tumors out of Cleveland are that they went more pass heavy instead of run heavy at times because They wanted to pacify Bakers ego… i think he would make a lousy backup…