• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bang Marry Kill - Draft Style

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
A take on the classic game but in draft terms using players projected to go in the 1st round.

Bang = a player who will be pretty good but not a star. A 1st round guy who produces more like a 3rd rounder (Terrell Edmunds)

Marry = a future star, pro bowler and game changer (TJ Watt)

Kill = bust. (Devin Bush)

I’ll go with

Bang = Will Anderson. I think he’ll be good but not sure he’ll be a game changer. More Highsmith than TJ Watt. Based on him likely going top 5, I think he’ll be a bit of a disappointment unless he goes to a team that already has another stud pass rusher to keep him from getting double teamed.

Marry = Bijan Robinson. A true 3 down back that can run WR routes, run between the tackles, and bring big plays. THIS is the type of RB you draft in the 1st.

Kill = Will Levis. There’s talk he could go #2 now? Crazy. He couldn’t beat out Sean Clifford to start at Penn State and he did have his opportunities. He was always Meh when he played. I get that he’s big and strong and has a cannon, but he’s not a natural passer. He doesn’t read defense well.

I think the success of Jalen Hurts is lifting Levi’s quite a bit. I don’t think Hurts is a great QB but he is very good in that Eagles read option system where the reads are easy and you just need a guy who can make the throws and take the beating on the rush attempts. Levis may do well in that scenario, but if you want him to be a pocket passer, I don’t see it.

I'm only considering potential Steelers
Bang: Campbell but I think that would he a great second rounder.
Marry: Broderick Jones
Kill: Jordan Addison.
But before anyone has a fit these have been my feelings about potential high Steelers picks..

But before anyone has a fit these have been my feelings about potential high Steelers picks..
damn I wanted to be the first to post Kill for addison

It's not like we always disagree. Just a lot of the time.🤣
I don't even think Addison will be a bust. I just dont want the position at 17. I'd prefer your Coog kid in late rounds if he falls. Maybe even 4 if we get everything I want with first 4.

Bang: JP2 (CB)
Marry: Wright or Jones (both T’s)
Kill: Forbes (CB)

Bang: JPJ
Marry: Johnson, Jr.
Kill: Richardson

Bang: Joey Porter Jr., Michael Mayer, Bryan Bresee
Marry: Jaxon Smith-Njiba, Brian Branch, Bijan Robinson
Kill: Quentin Johnson, Will Levis, Trenton Simpson, Dawand Jones (potentially)

Bang- Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, sure there is a few others that aren't registering in my thoughts at the moment.

Marry - What a painful idea.

Kill. Why so serious?

Ohhhh football hmmm I might be too homophobic to play this game . Can't we just long distance date?

Ok ok

Porter Jr sigh..bang.
Marry - a hard decide maybe Van Ness
Kill -Gonzalez - just not sure I am buying the hype.

I feel violated.

I can understand thinking Addison may not be a star but I can’t see him being a bust. If he plays slot, he’ll be good. I think the only way he’s bad is if a team wants him playing outside and they don’t have a good WR opposite him.

Bang - Jalen Carter
Marry - Peter Skoronski / Michael Mayer
Kill - Kyle Boller, er I mean, Will Levis

Bang- Bijan Robinson.. its almost impossible to really bust as a RB… the job is pretty easy… but since the mid 2000’s when they really deprioritized the run, the only real hall of fame great rb types taken in the first were Lynch and AP… and AP never won a championship… in fact of the like fifty first round rbs since 2000 probably only 10% were really above average for any real duration .. maybe Robinson gets one of those name recognition pro bowls… but I just don’t see him as anything great…

Marry…meh Im not really high as anyone as a surefire hof type in this draft. I guess i go with Christian Gonzalez, who has the potential to be that exceptional CB, but he has a lot of Questions…

Kill… I’m going to go with the top 3 QBs… Young is 5’10”… few QBs that size pan out… and he is an injury red flag too
stroud is a QB from Ohio State… it just makes sense to bet against him
Will levis keeps climbing up the rankings based on his frame and arm strength… his mechanics are crap…a looks like tarzan, plays like Jane prototype…

I can understand thinking Addison may not be a star but I can’t see him being a bust. If he plays slot, he’ll be good. I think the only way he’s bad is if a team wants him playing outside and they don’t have a good WR opposite him.
I'm not sure what he will be just dont want him for the Steelers. They have bigger needs. After Robinson signed I'm not concerned.

I'm not sure what he will be just dont want him for the Steelers. They have bigger needs. After Robinson signed I'm not concerned.

I'd hate the pick for the steelers too. It would be them drafting Kenny's guy. He'd be good for the steelers but I can't see spending pick 17 on a WR, especially after getting Robinson.

Add me to the list. I don’t think Addison is going to be all that and I sure hope like hell we don’t take him anywhere near the top 4 picks we have.

Bang——— Drew Sanders ————— 3rd of our picks

Mary——— Paris Johnson————- 12th overall, moved up for our 1st pick.

Kill———- Levi, spouting of #1 overall pick—————- not pick of ours

Salute the nation

Addison reminds me of Nelson Agholor

anyway...

Bang - Darnell Wright. Teams will be expecting him to play LT, where IMO he'll be exposed. At RT, he'll be good. But not one you drop a 1st on.
Marry - Darnell Washington. a Solid TE who could gain weight and play LT if he can't make it at TE. Two birds, one draft pick
Kill - Christian Gonzalez - Just think he's being overhyped and will be decent to good, but ...

Bang. Marry. Kill. Sounds like your typical Lifetime movie script.

Bang = a player who will be pretty good but not a star. E. Forbes
Marry = a future star, pro bowler and game changer. Paris Johnson, Jr.
Kill = bust. Anthony Richardson