• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Bell is one of three backs that are special, perhaps only stopping himself in the path way to greatness.

As those injuries always seem to be at the most inopportune time.

Maybe that is what the Steelers want to see from him before they sweeten the pot a little.

End the season not injured.

I wish they would split some carries for him, and it would be fitting with him being a *** and not coming to training camp until close to the end.

How sweet would that be to ease him in and effect his stats. Because he seems to care about that money more than winning.

New schemes, no hitting. The chance for rust or injury will be higher.

Which BTW Bell being rusty can effect your stats too, besides splitting reps.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
He is unique, but I'm not sure all offensive coordinators want that style of back. They are drawing up plays to hit specific holes etc.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
He is unique, but I'm not sure all offensive coordinators want that style of back. They are drawing up plays to hit specific holes etc.

I'm pretty sure with the results he gets, any coach in the league would want him. Actually with his results, coaches wouldn't care if he sat down in the backfield and took a rest before looking for a hole. Results are results and those are what coaches care about.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with the results he gets, any coach in the league would want him. Actually with his results, coaches wouldn't care if he sat down in the backfield and took a rest before looking for a hole. Results are results and those are what coaches care about.

At the same time perhaps a lot of those holes don't open with a lesser O-line.

I am not taking anything away from Bell, but to leave one of the best O-lines in the NFL out of the equation, wouldn't be doing them justice.

I think the two fit together very very well.

For me on a lesser O-line team he gets hit more, increasing the injury risk. On a player who is prone to it.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
At the same time perhaps a lot of those holes don't open with a lesser O-line.

I am not taking anything away from Bell, but to leave one of the best O-lines in the NFL out of the equation, wouldn't be doing them justice.

I think the two fit together very very well.

For me on a lesser O-line team he gets hit more, increasing the injury risk. On a player who is prone to it.

We will probably find out before too long the way this is going.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself in your first two sentences lol. If he's the best back in the league then surely you understand why he's on a pedestal.

He may be the best back, but he is not so much better than everyone else that he is godlike. On overthecap brown is making 17 mil per year which is roughly 2 mil higher than next guys. If some young WR takes over Brown as the best 1.5x 17 mill is over 25 million dollars. No franchise is going to pay that just like no franchise should pay bell 1.5x the highest at his position.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
It wasnt too long ago everyone said the line sucked and now they are responsible for Bell success. Or any back can put up monster numbers behind them. People may find out Williams was the exception. I think a lot of people forget Williams was a very talented back and a former first round pick. Just because he looked good replacing Bell doesnt mean we can just plug anyone in back there. That being said im excited to see Connor today

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell's "Patience" while behind the line thingy isn't going to be so surprising this year. Towards the end of the season there were several backs saying they are going to try that style out. Defenses will be better at defending it with more encounters. I want BELL to fully succeed but also realize his 1.5 X pay is a very generous payday. To turn that down and NOT show up yet alone sign on the dotted makes for me to think GREED. Good luck in having a MONSTER year because that is what it's going to take for your decision to have merit next season and while doing so, YOU will actually be helping the STEELERS which is actually what a player on the team should do.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Game plan this year should be to keep that Bunghole Buttfuck from getting anywhere near him.

And Brown and Ben.

I put a extra O-lineman in that normally wouldn't see time in. And his job would be to try to take him out. As it seems that is all birth defect is interested in doing.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Bell's "Patience" while behind the line thingy isn't going to be so surprising this year. Towards the end of the season there were several backs saying they are going to try that style out. Defenses will be better at defending it with more encounters. I want BELL to fully succeed but also realize his 1.5 X pay is a very generous payday. To turn that down and NOT show up yet alone sign on the dotted makes for me to think GREED. Good luck in having a MONSTER year because that is what it's going to take for your decision to have merit next season and while doing so, YOU will actually be helping the STEELERS which is actually what a player on the team should do.

Salute the nation

If you watched NFL Top 100 Melvin Gordon a first round pick for the Chargers said he tried to emulate Bells style and got his *** handed to him. Its not easy to do. You must have the vision and the abilty to accelarate quickly when you see a crease. Its not really a style it just something he uses when there isnt a hole to run into right away. Instead of just plunging ahead he waits for the defense to get out of their gaps. Not everyone has this ability. And its not like he just started this he's been doing it since he came into the league

Last edited:

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
I'll counter this by one name. Barry Sanders.

Not talking about the money controversy but running style. It is darn near impossible tho game plan for backs that are slippery...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly what part of that statement requires me to get over myself. 3/4 of the people here are essentially saying the same thing.

The part where you act like a butthurt moron who thinks he's owed something from bell, like he owes you a favor and that favor should be him taking the offer. Just shut the **** up

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It wasnt too long ago everyone said the line sucked and now they are responsible for Bell success. Or any back can put up monster numbers behind them. People may find out Williams was the exception. I think a lot of people forget Williams was a very talented back and a former first round pick. Just because he looked good replacing Bell doesnt mean we can just plug anyone in back there. That being said im excited to see Connor today

Well I do remember not to long ago as soon as our RB's were handed the ball they would either be making someone miss or being tackled. Maybe Bell has some magical aura radiating from him that gives him the extra space and room....if not then I will go out on a limb here and say our OL has a big part to do with it.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll counter this by one name. Barry Sanders.

Not talking about the money controversy but running style. It is darn near impossible tho game plan for backs that are slippery...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

I wouldn't say Bell's name in the same breath as Sanders quite yet......Sanders is the single best back I have ever seen. He did stuff that no human should have been able to do...just sick.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Bell's name in the same breath as Sanders quite yet......Sanders is the single best back I have ever seen. He did stuff that no human should have been able to do...just sick.

I think it's a fair assessment. I've always called Bell's jump cuts and his COD as Sandersesque. Though Bell does not have Sander's elite top end speed. Bell will never get you 50+ yard runs on a consistent basis. Though Bell also won't be tackled behind the LOS like Sanders would do trying to set up a big run.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
If you watched NFL Top 100 Melvin Gordon a first round pick for the Chargers said he tried to emulate Bells style and got his *** handed to him. Its not easy to do. You must have the vision and the abilty to accelarate quickly when you see a crease. Its not really a style it just something he uses when there isnt a hole to run into right away. Instead of just plunging ahead he waits for the defense to get out of their gaps. Not everyone has this ability. And its not like he just started this he's been doing it since he came into the league

And no one here isn't saying Bell isn't a great back. Most think 1.5 times salary than the next RB was by far a fair deal. Wanting 2 times higher is just insane. We can have Bell for the next 2 seasons at $26 plus mill...Should be his prime...which is great. Bell will be getting paid some great money. Let the next team pay 2 times the next closes guy.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Well I do remember not to long ago as soon as our RB's were handed the ball they would either be making someone miss or being tackled. Maybe Bell has some magical aura radiating from him that gives him the extra space and room....if not then I will go out on a limb here and say our OL has a big part to do with it.

I didnt say they didnt im saying to say anyone can come in and do what he is doing is false. Williams put up production but he didnt do everything Bell does. And to say he will go else where and not be good is also false. The kid is pretty good. If he wasnt we would of let him go a long time ago.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And no one here isn't saying Bell isn't a great back. Most think 1.5 times salary than the next RB was by far a fair deal. Wanting 2 times higher is just insane. We can have Bell for the next 2 seasons at $26 plus mill...Should be his prime...which is great. Bell will be getting paid some great money. Let the next team pay 2 times the next closes guy.

Alot of people is saying he isnt.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Alot of people is saying he isnt.

Can't think of anyone. He is a great back when available and on the field and playing behind a great line. We know that. The Steelers offered him 50% more than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid backs (behind Bell). He, obviously, said **** you. I have no problem with him getting paid but the Steelers made more than a great offer to him. He gambled and the odds are against him. I hope we can get one or maybe two more good years from him on the tag and then he can go play for Cleveland and his numbers will fall off the deep end.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Let's say Brown was due a new contract. AJ Green is making 15 million per year which is the highest WR not named Brown. Would you guys be ok with Brown turning down a 22.5 mil / year deal? Brown has put in his time and been consistent. Bell is lucky to finish a whole season.
I think a fair offer for Bell is 10-11 million and the Steelers went beyond that. If some team gives him what he wants it is going to be a crap team that needs to spend some money. I highly doubt any GM is going to go much above the Steelers offer. He has very little to gain and a lot to lose by not signing either deal.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Can't think of anyone. He is a great back when available and on the field and playing behind a great line. We know that. The Steelers offered him 50% more than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid backs (behind Bell). He, obviously, said **** you. I have no problem with him getting paid but the Steelers made more than a great offer to him. He gambled and the odds are against him. I hope we can get one or maybe two more good years from him on the tag and then he can go play for Cleveland and his numbers will fall off the deep end.

Lol why are people saying Jacksonville or cleveland there are good teams who need RBs also like the Giants and others

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Let's say Brown was due a new contract. AJ Green is making 15 million per year which is the highest WR not named Brown. Would you guys be ok with Brown turning down a 22.5 mil / year deal? Brown has put in his time and been consistent. Bell is lucky to finish a whole season.
I think a fair offer for Bell is 10-11 million and the Steelers went beyond that. If some team gives him what he wants it is going to be a crap team that needs to spend some money. I highly doubt any GM is going to go much above the Steelers offer. He has very little to gain and a lot to lose by not signing either deal.

Thats the whole point HE has alot to lose..like i said if they cant agree next year tag him again and possibly try to trade him. Get what you can. But again he had every rigjt to bet on himself. And only he will reap or sow from his decision

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Report: Bell not expected to return to Steelers before Week 3 of preseason
Jack Browne Aug 20, 2017 3:45 PM
While Le'Veon Bell will reportedly return to the Pittsburgh Steelers before the start of the regular season, the running back is expected to stay away from the team for Week 3 of the preseason, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Bell has yet to sign the $12.12-million franchise tag, so he isn't facing any fines for missing the preseason.

More to come.

Report: Bell not expected to return to Steelers before Week 3 of preseason
https://www.thescore.com/news/1354955
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )