• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol why are people saying Jacksonville or cleveland there are good teams who need RBs also like the Giants and others

Not saying a better team won't sign him but better teams are better for a reason...over paying on players usually isn't one of the things they do especially double of the next guy at the position they are signing. Nobody is saying Bell shouldn't get paid but the going salary rate has been set. Asking for double is just greedy....not signing his tag tender and joining the team is selfish..Coming off of surgery he would be doing very little anyways. Except hanging around with his teammates. AB and Ben have been held out up to now...Bell would be also..It is his right to not sign the extension and not show....doesn't mean he isn't being a selfish greedy ******* though. And when week one comes and he is playing I will be cheering for him. It won't change the fact how I feel about him though.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course he won't show up before week 3 of the preseason. Today is the only day before week 3 of preseason...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not here this week, do not play him in week 1 and split carries in week 2 to get him back in football shape or the dude will end up injured all year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't want Bell going anywhere. And if they were stupid enough to let him go,I want them to be smart enough to get some compensation for him. A different tag designation can solve that problem next year if need be.

I think in a trade scenario most good teams have solid backs.

Green Bay and New England perhaps not. We damn sure don't want Bell going to either of those teams.

Now Colbert we need you to step up and do some good work in the near future. Sweeten the pot next year. I am not saying it has to be what Bell desires. But perhaps meet each other half way from what they offered this year, and what Bell wants.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Steelers Depot

Le’Veon Bell On Twitter: ‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’

BY ALEX KOZORA AUGUST 20, 2017 AT 10:31 PM

Yesterday, we guessed if a Le’Veon Bell tweet had anything to do with his Pittsburgh Steelers’ future. Today, Bell took a much more direct approach.

After Twitter user Steelers Nation pleaded Bell not to leave the team, the Steelers’ back replied.

For those who can’t see the tweet/blocked Bell in anger/been blocked by Bell in anger, it reads: “I’m not goin anywhere unless they get rid of me.”

By now, you’re all aware of the story/saga. Bell still hasn’t reported to the team, training in Miami while the Steelers have been in Latrobe. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reported today Bell is unlikely to join the team before Week 3, the tune up game where the starters typically play a half. That means Bell may go through the entire preseason without taking a snap with the team.

But Bell has been mostly quiet about his present and future football plans. There may have been some subtle digs, the “I guess I gotta get better” line right after the tag deadline past and the unanswered texts of Ben Roethlisberger. But he’s mostly been doing his thing in South Beach, still communicating with the team, who have urged him to report.

The Steelers will have the option, and likely will exercise it, to tag Bell this upcoming offseason. While Bell has always expressed a desire to stay in Pittsburgh, his contract demands don’t agree with that ideology. He’ll show up to the team facility sometime in the next two weeks and then we’ll go from there.

Catch you next time on As the Bell Turns.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers Depot

Le’Veon Bell On Twitter: ‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’

BY ALEX KOZORA AUGUST 20, 2017 AT 10:31 PM

Yesterday, we guessed if a Le’Veon Bell tweet had anything to do with his Pittsburgh Steelers’ future. Today, Bell took a much more direct approach.

After Twitter user Steelers Nation pleaded Bell not to leave the team, the Steelers’ back replied.

For those who can’t see the tweet/blocked Bell in anger/been blocked by Bell in anger, it reads: “I’m not goin anywhere unless they get rid of me.”

By now, you’re all aware of the story/saga. Bell still hasn’t reported to the team, training in Miami while the Steelers have been in Latrobe. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reported today Bell is unlikely to join the team before Week 3, the tune up game where the starters typically play a half. That means Bell may go through the entire preseason without taking a snap with the team.

But Bell has been mostly quiet about his present and future football plans. There may have been some subtle digs, the “I guess I gotta get better” line right after the tag deadline past and the unanswered texts of Ben Roethlisberger. But he’s mostly been doing his thing in South Beach, still communicating with the team, who have urged him to report.

The Steelers will have the option, and likely will exercise it, to tag Bell this upcoming offseason. While Bell has always expressed a desire to stay in Pittsburgh, his contract demands don’t agree with that ideology. He’ll show up to the team facility sometime in the next two weeks and then we’ll go from there.

Catch you next time on As the Bell Turns

I prefer Metallica's

For Whom the Bell Tolls

time marches on

ZACKB

Reaction score
I would take 2 #1's for Bell and roll with Connor, plus draft a backup to Conner.

Slash#10

Reaction score
IMO I think Bell is masking his injury that he left the AFCC game with last season. I don't believe he is 100% and doesn't want to risk further injury while in training camp or preseason.

History says that he will still be productive just like when he returned from previous injuries or suspensions. It will take him all of 2 weeks to get into football shape. Give Toussaint, Connor, & Davis as many reps as possible. Its not like Bryant who had an entire season away from NFL football. He is kicking the rust off and needs preseason. See you on the field Week 1 Bell

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell more than likely cost himself money by not signing this year. If he doesn't get a long term deal next year, his franchise tag is still less than what he is reporting to want to earn and then he's a year older at a position that doesn't get better with age.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell reportedly won't join Steelers until after third preseason game
By Ryan Wilson 41m ago • 2 min read

Le'Veon Bell is one of the league's most dynamic players, but he's no good to the Steelers on his couch, where he's been since the team began training camp in late July. The Steelers franchised Bell in the offseason, guaranteeing that he'll make $12.1 million in 2017 if the two sides couldn't come to terms on a long-term deal.
That long-term deal was never agreed upon and instead of signing his franchise tender, Bell decided to hold out. Now, with two preseason games remaining and reports that Bell might not show up till September, we're all left to wonder when he'll show up in Pittsburgh.
A source tells ESPN.com's Jeremy Fowler that it would be a surprise if Bell isn't back with the Steelers shortly after the team's Week 3 preseason game against the Colts next Saturday.
The Steelers welcomed Martavis Bryant back to the lineup in Sunday's preseason win over the Falcons. Bryant missed the 2016 season due to a suspension, and like Bell, is a game-changing talent when he's on the field.

Unlike Bell, Bryant is still on his rookie contract. Bell, who rushed for 1,268 yards last season (4.9 yards per carry), scored seven touchdowns and had 75 receptions for 616 yards and two more scores, wanted to be the league's highest-paid back. The Steelers agreed, apparently -- the club reportedly offered Bell a deal that averaged $12 million annually -- that would make him the NFL's highest-paid back by some $3.5 million a year -- with $30 million in the first two years and $42 million in the first three.
Bell didn't sign.
"The running back market definitely took a hit, and I can't be the guy who continues to let it take a hit," Bell said last month when the two sides couldn't agree to terms on a new long-term deal. "We do everything. We block, we run, we catch the ball. Our value isn't where it needs to be. I'm taking it upon myself to open up some eyes and show the position is more valuable."
The good news is that Bell understands that the NFL is a business, and when the dust settles he doesn't want to be anywhere else but Pittsburgh.

"I definitely don't want to play for anybody else. You never know what will happen. ... I'm going to definitely enjoy my best year with the Steelers and be happy with it."
In Bell's absence, rookie third-round pick James Conner rushed for 98 yards on 20 carries against the Falcons.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell reportedly won't join Steelers until after third preseason game
By Ryan Wilson 41m ago • 2 min read

Le'Veon Bell is one of the league's most dynamic players, but he's no good to the Steelers on his couch, where he's been since the team began training camp in late July. The Steelers franchised Bell in the offseason, guaranteeing that he'll make $12.1 million in 2017 if the two sides couldn't come to terms on a long-term deal.
That long-term deal was never agreed upon and instead of signing his franchise tender, Bell decided to hold out. Now, with two preseason games remaining and reports that Bell might not show up till September, we're all left to wonder when he'll show up in Pittsburgh.
A source tells ESPN.com's Jeremy Fowler that it would be a surprise if Bell isn't back with the Steelers shortly after the team's Week 3 preseason game against the Colts next Saturday.
The Steelers welcomed Martavis Bryant back to the lineup in Sunday's preseason win over the Falcons. Bryant missed the 2016 season due to a suspension, and like Bell, is a game-changing talent when he's on the field.

Unlike Bell, Bryant is still on his rookie contract. Bell, who rushed for 1,268 yards last season (4.9 yards per carry), scored seven touchdowns and had 75 receptions for 616 yards and two more scores, wanted to be the league's highest-paid back. The Steelers agreed, apparently -- the club reportedly offered Bell a deal that averaged $12 million annually -- that would make him the NFL's highest-paid back by some $3.5 million a year -- with $30 million in the first two years and $42 million in the first three.
Bell didn't sign.
"The running back market definitely took a hit, and I can't be the guy who continues to let it take a hit," Bell said last month when the two sides couldn't agree to terms on a new long-term deal. "We do everything. We block, we run, we catch the ball. Our value isn't where it needs to be. I'm taking it upon myself to open up some eyes and show the position is more valuable."
The good news is that Bell understands that the NFL is a business, and when the dust settles he doesn't want to be anywhere else but Pittsburgh.

"I definitely don't want to play for anybody else. You never know what will happen. ... I'm going to definitely enjoy my best year with the Steelers and be happy with it."
In Bell's absence, rookie third-round pick James Conner rushed for 98 yards on 20 carries against the Falcons.

I have heard things like this before only to see a long term signing. I will not give up hope and will see how next off-season unfolds. Unfortunately this year will bring no answers.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Don't tell coach that. He may start a new one.

My guess is being a hip hop singer is not his life's work, but it can be an expensive hobby.

I doubt Bell is here for the third pre-season game.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
My guess is being a hip hop singer is not his life's work, but it can be an expensive hobby.

I doubt Bell is here for the third pre-season game.

There are already reports he will report after the third preseason game. Keep up coach

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would take 2 #1's for Bell and roll with Connor, plus draft a backup to Conner.

That sure would be tough to pass up. I doubt it happens though. I guess that would have to be one No. 1 in each of the next 2 seasons because if we got our No. 1 and 2 additional in the same year, I'd be all over that ****.

ZACKB

Reaction score
A team like Cleveland, who has a ton of picks would probably do it.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just re-watched the Bills game from last year.

Damn but Leveon is good. Sigh.

ark steel

Reaction score
Why would anyone take 10-11m/year when either the team you are on is guaranteed to pay you 12+m this year or someone else will pay you more? Why would you sign any contact that doesn't gaurantee at least $30m?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to know when the **** head is going to show up and be the best running back in the NFL?????? Seems like that is all I hear is how freaking good he is.........but see nothing????

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
No one is giving up one number one little lone two for Leveon Bell in his current contract situation unless they are getting him now which would be ridiculously stupid of the Steelers. Thats like saying you would like to trade up and get first overall from 29 or 30. Not happening.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I just want to know when the **** head is going to show up and be the best running back in the NFL?????? Seems like that is all I hear is how freaking good he is.........but see nothing????

Salute the nation

Youve seen nothing thats interesting

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Bell more than likely cost himself money by not signing this year. If he doesn't get a long term deal next year, his franchise tag is still less than what he is reporting to want to earn and then he's a year older at a position that doesn't get better with age.

Plus he's only one bad or missed piss test away from being suspended for a whole season. That's why he should STFU, sign his franchise tagged contract, and get to camp. That being said, he gets hurt so easily that I don't really mind the fact that he's not there. Lessens the odds that he gets hurt. We can get pissy later and have the last laugh when he goes on short-term or long-term IR around about game 4 or so. Regardless, if we get to the Super Bowl you can make bank on LeVeon watching from the sidelines modeling the Duce Staley Edition sweatpants.

Last edited:

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Plus he's only one bad or missed piss test away from being suspended for a whole season. That's why he should STFU, sign his franchise tagged contract, and get to camp. That being said, he gets hurt so easily that I don't really mind the fact that he's not there. Lessens the odds that he gets hurt. We can get pissy later and have the last laugh when he goes on short-term or long-term IR around about game 4 or so. Regardless, if we get to the Super Bowl you can make bank on LeVeon watching from the sidelines modeling the Duce Staley Edition sweatpants.
If I'm betting, it's that he shows up and in the first 3 gains he reinsures his hamstring.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Youve seen nothing thats interesting

REMEBER, I wish nothing but best for him as he is in theory, a STEELERS dude. A monster year for him is a monster year for the STEELERS. I think his useage and touches are going to be more in STEELERS favor and use numbers. I think he will be limited along the way to having him fresh for later season. Keep in mind that Martavious is back which will lighten the touches to Bell, that in itself will help freshen Bell. There are so many things in favor of Bell's making the wrong decision but of course if he can pull it off, then more power to him.

Salute the nation