• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

If I'm betting, it's that he shows up and in the first 3 gains he reinsures his hamstring.

We'll see. He needs to time it so he misses the playoffs as usual. Best RB in the NFL? Maybe. Never does us a ****-ton of good every year at playoff time when we need him the most.

Bell is probably feeling pretty good with his decision after watching OBJ head to the locker room for x-rays.

Bell is probably feeling pretty good with his decision after watching OBJ head to the locker room for x-rays.

Yeah i never get bent out if shape with holdouts like this because each and every one of us would skip out on basically voluntary work if we could... i mean if your boss told you you could start work in july or wait till September and make the same money... why would you start in July? There is no tie between production and camp... and mostly camp is a leftover practice from when players were out if shape after the offseason.... its not really needed anymore outside of the fringe players

I'm still not really worried or even offended by his holdout. This is how the system works. The whole franchise tag system is pretty one-sided towards the owners and their ability to retain the rights of 5-6 year veterans. That's a hell of a perk for a team no matter the cost.

In order to get that, you have to give something up. And in this case (because of how players are paid in the NFL) preseason is "optional" to franchise tagged players.

I'm sure Bell is in shape. He's as cut and athletic as any 25 year old in the NFL. And I have no doubt even 2 weeks of practices will get him up-and-running almost 100%. We don't need him for Cleveland. And if we do, we're in more trouble than anything Bell can fix.

So just let it go. Don't worry. Bell is a Steeler this year and we might go through all this again next year. Just accept it and move on.

Let go all of my bitter feelings.

If Bell comes back next week. Welcome back and kick some ***

Fact is if he was in camp he probably wouldn't have play yet anyway. You can look at that 2 ways of course. The difference is if he was in camp (basically doing nothing) he still would be with the guys as part of the TEAM. He isn't so he is doing HIS thing. Ben and AB have yet to step into a preseason game. Bell coming off of surgery I doubt would have seen any action to this point but he would be with the team.

Plus he's only one bad or missed piss test away from being suspended for a whole season. That's why he should STFU, sign his franchise tagged contract, and get to camp. That being said, he gets hurt so easily that I don't really mind the fact that he's not there. Lessens the odds that he gets hurt. We can get pissy later and have the last laugh when he goes on short-term or long-term IR around about game 4 or so. Regardless, if we get to the Super Bowl you can make bank on LeVeon watching from the sidelines modeling the Duce Staley Edition sweatpants.

Actually if he tests positive again he still gets a 4 game suspension..

Oh okay. I thought the third time you got caught was a full year.

Fact is if he was in camp he probably wouldn't have play yet anyway. You can look at that 2 ways of course. The difference is if he was in camp (basically doing nothing) he still would be with the guys as part of the TEAM. He isn't so he is doing HIS thing. Ben and AB have yet to step into a preseason game. Bell coming off of surgery I doubt would have seen any action to this point but he would be with the team.

Exactly, he wouldn't be playing, but could be with his team, building rapport with your team mates. I don't know what he's gaining by being away from his team, but that's on him and his agent. Get here, so we can get past the hoopla and get to work. I'd want that $12M check that is coming to me.

Since there was some discrepancies on whether he actually failed a test or just missed them thru miscommunication the deal was thst he stayed at the second phase of the drug program which is 4 games

Exactly, he wouldn't be playing, but could be with his team, building rapport with your team mates. I don't know what he's gaining by being away from his team, but that's on him and his agent. Get here, so we can get past the hoopla and get to work. I'd want that $12M check that is coming to me.

He doesnt get it til the real games start

it is so but they negotiated the previous suspension not as a failed test but a missed test which gave him a future 4 game ban if he gets caught.
So basically and technically he still is in his first violation, not second

it is so but they negotiated the previous suspension not as a failed test but a missed test which gave him a future 4 game ban if he gets caught.
So basically and technically he still is in his first violation, not second

Okay, I thought they counted a missed test the same as a failed test but I do seem to recall that Bell said he got a new phone and didn't give the league his number so he never got the call to take a test. I mean, it's not like the league might have the Steelers' office number and could ask them to relay a message or anything....

AJ is right. His first problem, was technically a police blotter, not a failed drug test. That was 2 games. His second was a missed test, that he and the NFLPA got reduced to a 3 game suspension (from 4 games) and also wrote in that his next suspension would be 4 games.

The missed test ended up being a league miscommunication, and Bell as well, since he went on vacation, but got a new cell phone number. I think Bell and the NFLPA correctly argued that they supplied the new cell phone number to the league before vacation, but they called the old number.
Still, he had to fail or miss 4 tests for this one to be an issue.

Last edited:
I'm glad Bell is sitting. Saw OBJ get hit low last night. Ouch.

But instead of SITTING at home on his sofa during games.. he could be SITTING next to Ben and AB. Same end results. One way is putting the team first. The other way himself.

I bet he fumble his game game because he just won't be used to the contact.

But instead of SITTING at home on his sofa during games.. he could be SITTING next to Ben and AB. Same end results. One way is putting the team first. The other way himself.

I tend to agree. No reason for him NOT to be there with his team, in practice and on the sidelines.

The league agreed that since he missed the test on the day it was supposed to happen but took it as soon as they got a hold of him that they wouldn't count it as a failed test... they still suspended him, but it wasn't going to count for the league drug program... it was some stupid **** about him not giving them the most recent phone number or something... it justgot lost here cause everyone was convinced he was using again... you don't get pot out of you system in a day or two... and the tests are supervised at that stage, so his story is believable since the league opted not to give him strike two for it.

I'm glad Bell is sitting. Saw OBJ get hit low last night. Ouch.

Ben, AB are sitting, so would Bell. Especially with Conner getting reps and the team looking for a 3rd RB between Davis, fitz and the other two

Okay, I thought they counted a missed test the same as a failed test but I do seem to recall that Bell said he got a new phone and didn't give the league his number so he never got the call to take a test. I mean, it's not like the league might have the Steelers' office number and could ask them to relay a message or anything....

that would imply eficiency from Goodell's bureau... LOL

Instead of sitting on a couch, I assume he is training harder than anyone in camp. Bell wants to show the league he is the best back this year. He's not half assing his approach to this season.

Instead of sitting on a couch, I assume he is training harder than anyone in camp. Bell wants to show the league he is the best back this year. He's not half assing his approach to this season.

Why not just do that at camp?