• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell Will Sit Out Camp, Not Expected to Miss Any Games

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
As expected, Le’Veon Bell will sit out training camp as he did last year during his holdout. I’m told Le’Veon Bell‘s tentative plan is to miss Steelers training camp but be ready for the regular season, and that missing games over the contract would be a shock. The Steelers also expect him to play a […]

More...

Repeat of last season. He'll be rusty the first few games before getting back into game shape around week 4-5. Then it's bye bye Bell at the end of the season.

He better hope he gets a ring this year because it might be the last chance he gets since a contender certainly won't give in to his insane demands.

If he signs the tender and is then injured in camp or preseason he still gets the full amount, right? If so, why sit out training camp and then come in rusty for the first 2 - 3 games. Wouldn't it be better from a future payday standpoint to complete a season at your top condition?

If he signs the tender and is then injured in camp or preseason he still gets the full amount, right? If so, why sit out training camp and then come in rusty for the first 2 - 3 games. Wouldn't it be better from a future payday standpoint to complete a season at your top condition?

Less time training means less chances for injury. Though that thought process is rarely foolproof.

Maybe the Steelers should say report to camp, or we are pulling the offer from the table.

Maybe the Steelers should say report to camp, or we are pulling the offer from the table.

No sense even thinking this, as it isn't going to happen.

Although I am still praying for a trade when he signs the tag. (Won't happen either unfortunately)

No sense even thinking this, as it isn't going to happen.

Although I am still praying for a trade when he signs the tag. (Won't happen either unfortunately)

The tag and trade should have been an option BEFORE the draft.

While I think its unlikely the Steelers would pull the offer without a trade, Kevin Colbert, usually very tight lipped and pleasant speaking said he would no rule out the possibility of rescinding the tender. These are fighting words. I do not recall any GM saying that to a tagged player.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rescind-the-franchise-tender-for-leveon-bell/

draft conner mid rnds fantasty his value just skyrtock

The tag and trade should have been an option BEFORE the draft.

While I think its unlikely the Steelers would pull the offer without a trade, Kevin Colbert, usually very tight lipped and pleasant speaking said he would no rule out the possibility of rescinding the tender. These are fighting words. I do not recall any GM saying that to a tagged player.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rescind-the-franchise-tender-for-leveon-bell/

Gheez....slamming away at an opinion that’s been rebuffed, refuted and explained as ignorant a thousand times over. Using a clickbait Florio site, even more ridiculous.

A. Colbert said he wouldn’t rule out anything ...BACK IN MARCH, after FA started with Bell, and before the draft. It wasn’t a comment for after the tag deadline. You are reaching pretty far with that....fighting words...lol.

B. Rescinding the tag now, sacrifices any compensation (at least a 3rd) if/when he leaves in FA in 2019.

C. He’s already on the book for the Tag. Unless he doesn’t show for regular season games you don’t trade him unless you get a numbskull offer from a team after the start of the season. One staff writer said the compensation would have to be 2 1sts.

His ego has required him to be motivated to have a great year. On a side note, KC did mention they would still look to try to sign Bell after the season, that was in fact showing Pitt is doing business, not playing games like Bell and his agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

He'll be slow the first 3 to 5 games like last year. If Conner and Samuels look good in pre-season, I sit Bell game 1 and then bring him in starting game 2 with 25% of the touches still going to Conner until Bell is fully up to speed.

He'll be slow the first 3 to 5 games like last year. If Conner and Samuels look good in pre-season, I sit Bell game 1 and then bring him in starting game 2 with 25% of the touches still going to Conner until Bell is fully up to speed.

I don't sit Bell in any games...just limit his touches and work him back into shape. If it takes 2 weeks or 4 weeks.....but I don't sit him. Especially at $900k per week.

I don't sit Bell in any games...just limit his touches and work him back into shape. If it takes 2 weeks or 4 weeks.....but I don't sit him. Especially at $900k per week.

I hear you but I would think about sitting him in game 1 just out of spite. He will be very rusty and if Conner and Samuels do well in pre-season, it should be OK to sit him since we do play Cleveland.

I hear you but I would think about sitting him in game 1 just out of spite. He will be very rusty and if Conner and Samuels do well in pre-season, it should be OK to sit him since we do play Cleveland.

You mean that same Browns team that the Steelers crushed by 3 points last year?

When he signs,....you bring him in and evaluate him then YOU use him in what ever fashion gives you the BEST chance of winning. It don't matter to him if you I sit him or not. If he is deemed to far out of shape.....there is reprocusion within the franchise tag. BELL will show up in great physical shape and have a productive year as long as he doesn't get injured. Hopefully Randy Finchner has a better scheme than just BELL.

Salute the nation

You mean that same Browns team that the Steelers crushed by 3 points last year?

No ****. I'm not feeling we are going to see a terrible Browns team this season. There were 3 or 4 games last year that they should have won. They will definitely be better this year.

So Bell will be out all pre season, let's see what we have stockpiled at RB. More reps for them. Go STEELERS!

His *** should be motivated to play and perform well. He has a ton riding on this season.

Not sure about that. A normal person would rationalize that they would in order to get an even bigger payday, but who knows what's going on between his ears.

Hope he does and it leads to #7, then see ya.

Like this was going to turn out any other way?

hahahahaha

Bubble wrap is good

Like this was going to turn out any other way?

hahahahaha

Bubble wrap is good

Just like a thumb up your ***, the only question is if it's wiggling or not...........................(lol)

You're right Spike this is exactly how I saw it playing out as well. We got the best years of his short, drug suspended / injury prone CAREER. I'm hoping he pours himself into this year's season and we harvest #7.

Salute the nation

Not expected to miss any games? I think everyone expects him to miss some games.

Whew! I'm relieved that they didn't buckle to his ridiculous demands. Let him get his 20 million per next year from a 1-15 team.

Not expected to miss any games? I think everyone expects him to miss some games.

What games is Bell going to miss?

I will put money down that he will not miss any regular season games.

Mark your Calendar: 9/3 he will sign.

What games is Bell going to miss?

I will put money down that he will not miss any regular season games.

Mark your Calendar: 9/3 he will sign.
I don't know which ones he will miss. I can't predict timing on injuries or off the field ****, but the chances are very good that he misses some like he usually does. Not sure how you would argue that point.