• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben Affleck has racist blood coursing through his veins

Stoney

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ben-affleck-requested-his-slave-owner-ancestor-be-censored-from-pbs-finding-your-roots/ar-AAbcHvn

Ben Affleck Requested His Slave Owner Ancestor Be Censored From PBS' 'Finding Your Roots'

Hacked Sony emails reveal that actor-director Ben Affleck requested that his slave owner ancestor be removed from his family tree on PBS program Finding Your Roots.

In a series of WikiLeaks emails, the genealogy program's host Henry Louis Gates, Jr. emailed Sony chief Michael Lynton asking "advice" on the actor's request, according to New York Daily News.

"For the first time, one of our guests has asked us to edit out something about one of his ancestors the fact that he owned slaves," Gates emailed Lynton in the July 22, 2014 email chain.

Gates defended the decision to edit out Affleck's ancestor in a statement posted Friday on the PBS website.

The mission of "Finding Your Roots" is to find and share interesting stories from our celebrity guests ancestries and use those stories to unlock new ways to learn about our past. We are very grateful to all of our guests for allowing us into their personal lives and have told hundreds of stories in this series including many about slave ancestorsnever shying away from chapters of a familys past that might be unpleasant. Ultimately, I maintain editorial control on all of my projects and, with my producers, decide what will make for the most compelling program. In the case of Mr. Affleck we focused on what we felt were the most interesting aspects of his ancestryincluding a Revolutionary War ancestor, a 3rd greatgrandfather who was an occult enthusiast, and his mother who marched for Civil Rights during the Freedom Summer of 1964.

PBS also issued a statement supporting Gates' decision:

It is clear from the exchange how seriously Professor Gates takes editorial integrity. He has told us that after reviewing approximately ten hours of footage for the episode, he and his producers made an independent editorial judgment to choose the most compelling narrative. The range and depth of the stories on Finding Your Roots speak for themselves.

Protect the narratives! PROTECT THE NARRATIVES!!

I never did like Ben Asslick. Always thought he was a scrappy actor. I do find this funny though.

In the case of Mr. Affleck we focused on what we felt were the most interesting aspects of his ancestry including a Revolutionary War ancestor, a 3rd greatgrandfather who was an occult enthusiast, and his mother who marched for Civil Rights during the Freedom Summer of 1964.

In other words, we left in the stuff he liked and took out the stuff he didn't.

Affleck, like most of Hollywood, is a hypocritical *** clown. His confrontation with Bill Maher was a clinic in dumbassery. I have absolutely no interest in his past, present, and future.

Affleck, like most of Hollywood, is a hypocritical *** clown. His confrontation with Bill Maher was a clinic in dumbassery. I have absolutely no interest in his past, present, and future.

His impression of Keith Olbermann on SNL a couple years ago was epic though. I'll give him that.

I liked some of his movies, but he was given some good roles that any decent actor could have excelled in.

hate his acting but this ancestor stuff is kind of stupid

Not picking on you but name one good movie he did. He is a.****** actor, period.

"Dazed And Confused" but his part wasn't all that big.

"For the first time, one of our guests has asked us to edit out something about one of his ancestors the fact that he owned slaves," Gates emailed Lynton in the July 22, 2014 email chain.

In the case of Mr. Affleck we focused on what we felt were the most interesting aspects of his ancestryincluding a Revolutionary War ancestor, a 3rd greatgrandfather who was an occult enthusiast, and his mother who marched for Civil Rights during the Freedom Summer of 1964.
Doesn't the lib/progressive playbook allow for "cancelling-out"?

Anyway, I recall Spike Lee found during his ancestry research on the TV show "Who Do You Think You Are?" that he had a white cousin. Surprised he didn't want that edited out.

Good Will Hunting was a great movie

Yeah well Ben so do I. I didnt do it. I wasnt even alive. Im note sure why that is an issue. It happened before you existed. You cant change history. Good or bad.

Yeah well Ben so do I. I didnt do it. I wasnt even alive. Im note sure why that is an issue. It happened before you existed. You cant change history. Good or bad.
Most people I know never owned a slave, or oppressed a black person, yet we are part of the oppressor class. Go figure.

Most people I know never owned a slave, or oppressed a black person, yet we are part of the oppressor class. Go figure.

I do believe that all former slaves are entitled to reparations.

That's what I mean when I say YT guilt. He is ashamed of something he didn't do and happened more than a hundred years before he was born.

uh, Ben and the PBS folks prove differently. How many times does stuff like this go unnoticed and then the new "facts" become historical? The victors write the history, describing their narrative not reality.