• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Black man harrassed by Cheesecake Factory employees...

Conversely, do Christian universities even invite gay rights or pro-choice advocates to speak at their schools? Good for them if they do, but I suspect they don’t.

wait. hold up.
Universities are by and large funded through taxpayer monies. Why are you selectively targeting "Christian" universities?

Coolie pointed out that taxpayer funded universities are shut down by the tolerant left when a speaker they do not wholly agree with is scheduled to speak.

Your selective choosing of Christian universities, which are mostly private, is more than an admission of defeat and that which you know nothing about.

How about you answer your own question, and determine if there are Muslim universities that prohibit the same gay rights advocates or pro-choice speakers from speaking there.

Conversely, do Christian universities even invite gay rights or pro-choice advocates to speak at their schools? Good for them if they do, but I suspect they don’t.

What worthwhile cause would be served by providing a forum for those who advocate killing babies? Wouldn't that be like inviting a Nazi to talk about killing Jews?

Oh wait, it's all about women's health. Right.

not inviting a group is not the same as rioting outside an arena where an individual who was invited or at least allowed to schedule an activity is supposed to appear and shutting them down just because you disagree with their viewpoints. I have never attended a Christian University so I don't know their activities.

You clearly intimated that the right is tolerant and the left is intolerant, you did nothing to acknowledge exceptions. Then you come back and accuse me making unfair generalizations. That’s hypocrisy at its finest.

I agreed with Coolie that they had no right to harass the guy but really, should it make national news? He should have told them to go **** themselves, laughed it off and left with a good story to tell his friends. But no, snowflake melted.

Actually, you clearly said the Left doesn't have to be tolerant of differing minded people when you said "You see it as political preference, they see it as a person proudly endorsing a ******* moron who has said any number of distasteful, offensive, idiotic or blatantly false things." Your sentence says just that. It's irrelevant how they see Trump. They attacked the man for wearing political items. Period.

That is exactly what he was doing. In public, showing the world his political preference. Nothing more or less. What the Left chooses to see in people that disagree with them is often hate and this is but one of never ending examples of the Left's new position of attempting to intimidate and/or silence their political opponents.

And yep, I will say for the record that the Right is far more tolerant. As others have attempted to open your eyes to, you don't see Conservative groups rioting after elections, rioting when a speaker that has different views shows up at their university, this type of public thuggery, shooting Congressmen, running state politicians off the road...and a million thousand other examples. Yeah, you can dig up a few. But like the list of #MeToo violators have been predominantly ardent Liberals, so too the Left is far more violent and intolerant in today's age and the evidence is right there.

Oh and we are scientifically better looking. And studies show, quite more charitable as well.

Last edited:
wait. hold up.
Universities are by and large funded through taxpayer monies. Why are you selectively targeting "Christian" universities?

Coolie pointed out that taxpayer funded universities are shut down by the tolerant left when a speaker they do not wholly agree with is scheduled to speak.

Your selective choosing of Christian universities, which are mostly private, is more than an admission of defeat and that which you know nothing about.

How about you answer your own question, and determine if there are Muslim universities that prohibit the same gay rights advocates or pro-choice speakers from speaking there.

No, you changing the argument form “conservative vs liberal” to “public vs private university” is an admission of defeat.

Muslim are as socially conservative as you can get, Is there even such a thing as a Muslim University in the U.S. or are you broadening the scope to increasingly change the argument?

No, you changing the argument form “conservative vs liberal” to “public vs private university” is an admission of defeat.

Muslim are as socially conservative as you can get, Is there even such a thing as a Muslim University in the U.S. or are you broadening the scope to increasingly change the argument?

Have you begun drinking? "No you changing..." and "Muslim are..."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

And to Supe's point, it's 100% valid. You changed the discussion from conservative v liberal to public v private. Coolie used a broad brush and said a University. He didn't say what type. You became very narrow and brought it down to a private school, which Christian universities typically are. You changed the argument.

By bringing up Muslim Universities, Supe wasn't broadening the argument you dumbass, he was playing by the "new rule" you introduced which was to narrow the discussion from "Universities" to "Christian Universities." So he played your game and gave an example within your "new rules" of another type of religious school. Damn man. LOL

Now further to your "new rules" argument, can you point me to a news article or a link where a Christian university's students entered an auditorium and shouted down a speaker they opposed? Where those students rioted in the streets, destroyed public property, and the police had to be brought in to stop the violence?

Or let's go broad again (I'm changing the rules since that's how you play). Can you show me news links about the Conservative riots after Bomma was elected, twice? Tally up the property damage we caused? Just curious.

Now further to your "new rules" argument, can you point me to a news article or a link where a Christian university's students entered an auditorium and shouted down a speaker they opposed? Where those students rioted in the streets, destroyed public property, and the police had to be brought in to stop the violence?

**** happens all the time, Tim. Jee-zus, how many times have I read about religious students at a Christian University rioting and breaking things, threatening speakers, breaking windows, burning cars, blocking streets, assaulting those less Christian?

Too damn many times, Tim. Again and again and again, conservatives - Christians in particular - disrupt civil discourse, cause mayhem, and interfere with speakers merely trying to raise a political viewpoint. Just look at a few of these images for proof:

Antifa-at-war.jpg

Okay, maybe not that one, with the "Trans Dykes" sign. How about this??

charlottesville_protesters.jpg

Damn it, not that one either!! I know I saw an image of those violent Christians protesting, Tim. This??

cal-state-LA-ben-shapiro-speech.png

****!! Not that one either, I guess. This one maybe?

GettyImages-537766470-640x480.jpg

DAMMIT, not that one. Okay, here it is:

Philly-agitators.jpg

Son of a ... Okay, damn it, I found it. Here it is. Look at these violent psychos, Christians all of them:

sept-82011-sun-valley-california-usa-village-christian-schools-students-CDX9X0.jpg

Okay, I know the picture does not look bad, but what do you want to bet that the little kids burned the flags right after the photographer left???

sorry you are the one that changed the argument.....

Nope. The first mention of speakers at universities is from you in post #73. How is it that I changed the argument?

I posted about the intolerant left forcing those they don't agree with to cancel their engagements, you went over to whether Christian Universities invite those with opposing views to speak....not the same topic

Nope. That was Supe, post #76.

Me thinks you need to change your screen name to WaffleMan or Deflectocon, because you dance like a son of a *****. You perpetually change points and arguments in some inane attempt to "win the internet." I've spelled it out for you, how inexplicably you changed the basis of the discussion. If you'll sleep better to think you did not, sleep well.

I posted about the intolerant left forcing those they don't agree with to cancel their engagements, you went over to whether Christian Universities invite those with opposing views to speak....not the same topic

I think, if Christian schools did invite those people, then shouted them down or refused to let them speak, trog would be all good.