• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bloomberg: Ban guns that hold more than 3 rounds

I can't tell if you're kidding or not, but no, that would be a disaster for home security.

It would be the perfect home security weapon. You have seconds to react as bad guys break your windows and enter your home. Instead of reaching into your bedside drawer for your Glock, you head to the garage. "Honey, hurry, I'm gonna need your shoulder to level this punt gun on." The two of you scurry to the garage, where you need to store it, in your jammies. After 5 minutes of lifting it and banging into walls, you go find an 8 foot open space within your home where you can set up and aim in one direction hoping the intruders come that way.

What could possibly be a better home security situation?

It would be the perfect home security weapon. You have seconds to react as bad guys break your windows and enter your home. Instead of reaching into your bedside drawer for your Glock, you head to the garage. "Honey, hurry, I'm gonna need your shoulder to level this punt gun on." The two of you scurry to the garage, where you need to store it, in your jammies. After 5 minutes of lifting it and banging into walls, you go find an 8 foot open space within your home where you can set up and aim in one direction hoping the intruders come that way.

What could possibly be a better home security situation?

Visualizing that was hilarious, only if it's not an actual real scenario.

Please keep in mind, that when the 2A was written, that weapons of war were already on the streets. Therefore, the 2A encompassed weapons of war being allowed for ownership by American citizens.

Please keep in mind, that when the 2A was written, that weapons of war were already on the streets. Therefore, the 2A encompassed weapons of war being allowed for ownership by American citizens.

so I should be able to purchase and Apache Helicopter.....

so I should be able to purchase and Apache Helicopter.....

if it were up to me, sure. if you can afford it, know how to fly it and keep it maintained, up to you. what's to prevent someone from buying a helicopter and outfitting it with a **** ton of mounts and guns anyway?

oh, we need a law against that.

I also like the idea of strategically placed bear traps mixed in with a few claymore mines.

I'd be too afraid of my dogs stepping on those. I like the speed, efficiency and ease of use of the punt gun much more. Now a properly architected catapult could interest me, pending location(s) in my home. No burning oil though.

tenor.gif

So, Tibs is refusing to answer a question directed specifically at him? I'll widen the area and direct the questions at any Democrat on this board.

1. Are you also for banning free speech on radios, televisions, telephones, and all types of digital media as the founders intended?
2. And privacy rights, which did not exist as a Federally protected right until Griswold v. Connecticut in 1968. No privacy.
3. No privacy right means no right to medical privacy for abortions, so no Federal right to abortion.
4. Also, as of 1787, interstate commerce most certainly did NOT include automobiles, trucking, diesel trains, electric trains, or airplanes. Duh. So no Federal regulation of automobiles, trucks, diesel or electric powered trains (only steam driven), or aircraft, at all, since those things did not exist as of 1787.Oh, and electrical generation, nuclear power, phone lines, power lines? No such thing as of 1787 so no Federal regulation, at all, of such items. Radiation? Pffft. Madame Curie was not born yet, so no Federal regulation of radioactive emissions by x-ray machines (which did not exist), televisions, microwaves, indeed any electronic device. Hell, no regulation of any device using electricity since besides Ben Franklin, nobody used electricity as of 1787.

So, your position as a Democrat is that the Constitution is only to be taken as written during the period in which is was created. Correct? It's NOT a living document at all, stagnant and stuck in time like a time capsule. Is that the way you truly see it?

So, I'm still for the idea of banning all firearms and only allowing muskets to be owned by private citizens, in the spirit of the historical realities of the 2nd amendment when it was written. But as an added perk for the gun aficianados and pro-gun advocates out there, I think the feds should also look into allowing punt guns to be owned with a special permit. It would be limited to one musket and one punt gun per household, granted a rigorous background check is passed.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A punt gun; an extremely large shotgun used for duck hunting in the 19th and early 20th centuries. <a href="https://t.co/S5APkc9slt">pic.twitter.com/S5APkc9slt</a></p>— History Lovers Club (@historylvrsclub) <a href="https://twitter.com/historylvrsclub/status/1232611248547794944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

The punt gun was rarely if ever used by individual hunters. It was used to harvest large quantities of waterfowl for sale commercially.

So, I'm still for the idea of banning all firearms and only allowing muskets to be owned by private citizens, in the spirit of the historical realities of the 2nd amendment when it was written. But as an added perk for the gun aficianados and pro-gun advocates out there, I think the feds should also look into allowing punt guns to be owned with a special permit. It would be limited to one musket and one punt gun per household, granted a rigorous background check is passed.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1232611248547794944"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

I'm still trying to figure a way to conceal carry that MFer.

On a side note......a guy was arrested the other day trying to carry a loaded handgun onto a flight at Pittsburgh International. He said he forgot he had it on him.
Does anyone believe his claim?

<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.7aeb03ce9f308997020e5998720fbbf7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

On a side note......a guy was arrested the other day trying to carry a loaded handgun onto a flight at Pittsburgh International. He said he forgot he had it on him.
Does anyone believe his claim?

Mrs. Burgundy has a concealed carry purse that she keeps her .380 in. I could see that happening.

So, I'm still for the idea of banning all firearms and only allowing muskets to be owned by private citizens, in the spirit of the historical realities of the 2nd amendment when it was written

Only a moron or paid political troll would make such a ridiculous statement.

ww0jo.jpg
thumb_at-the-time-it-was-enacted-the-second-amendment-applied-35606764.png
Q9cpw3m.png

Comrade Tibs wants you disarmed so you can be shipped off to reeducation camps.

I forget who said this originally but it’s still true.

“A government that wants to disarm you is planning on doing something to you that you would shoot them for.”

Comrade Tibs wants you disarmed so you can be shipped off to reeducation camps.

Seeing the frenzied mental state of the Trump base, sadly, it seems even muskets & punt guns would be too dangerous to allow. So I'll amend my earlier opinion in that I think the 2nd amendment should only cover 1. slingshots (used with soft, mud balls) and 2. straws up to 12'' in length (for spitwads). That should be ample weaponry for personal and home security for a segment of the population who are increasingly losing their footing in reality.

Seeing the frenzied mental state of the Trump base, sadly, it seems even muskets & punt guns would be too dangerous to allow. So I'll amend my earlier opinion in that I think the 2nd amendment should only cover 1. slingshots (used with soft, mud balls) and 2. straws up to 12'' in length (for spitwads). That should be ample weaponry for personal and home security for a segment of the population who are increasingly losing their footing in reality.

Tibs you ignorant slut,

Once again I am going to remind you that conservative Republicans are not the ones rioting to prevent other people from exercising their First Amendment rights. I would also like to remind you that Project Veritas actually has video of a Bernie Sanders campaign staffer praising Stalinist gulags and expressing his wishes to send conservatives to re-education camps.

I would also like to remind you that Project Veritas actually has video of a Bernie Sanders campaign staffer praising Stalinist gulags and expressing his wishes to send conservatives to re-education camps.

And you actually believe that ****... again...."the frenzied mental state of the Trump base.....increasingly losing their footing in reality."

And you actually believe that ****

Um, he actually said that, on record. Now granted, that was a staffer saying that, not Bernie Sanders. But it was said and he was dead serious. He was also quoted about burning cities to the ground and the revolution if Bernie was denied again.

Thing is, now that Bernie knows, is the guy still on his team?

And you actually believe that ****... again...."the frenzied mental state of the Trump base.....increasingly losing their footing in reality."

I'll repeat...you ignorant slut. It's ON TAPE. It's been said.

Jeeeeezzzuuussssss man. Speaking of distorted reality.

Last edited:
Tibs you know as well as we do if this was a Trump staffer you would be apoplectic with demands that Trump vacate the Presidency because he employs hate mongers. At least be honest about it.

Tibs you know as well as we do if this was a Trump staffer you would be apoplectic with demands that Trump vacate the Presidency because he employs hate mongers. At least be honest about it.

100% truth if the tables were turned.

A Democratic staffer makes comments about sending conservatives to a reeducation camp, Tibs claims we are all over-reacting. ABC makes a movie about Liberals hunting Conservatives - "Guys, it's not real, it's not serious, stop over-reacting."

A Republican makes a statement like this? Tibs would rail on for 20 pages, 93 posts, screaming and yelling about the violent, vicious Right.

He's so disgustingly predictable.

Seeing the amount if completely unhinged and wacked-out posts on this board past few years, maybe sending conservatives to re-education camps is not such a radical idea. I'd make it volunteer-basis at the beginning - maybe a six-month grace period - for those seeking help in regaining their footing in reality.

Be quiet, all of you, we have more serious issues to discuss

ER8tHffX0AAz4OG