• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bomma Touts Auto Bailout

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I don't think their auto manufacturing operations did. I am not sure about Fords Finance arm though. Ford Credit may have gotten some Bomma Bank Money.

Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Tata, did not take gubmint money. GM and Chrysler did.

GM used 4 billion, invested it in manufacturing plants IN CHINA!

Chrysler (led by an Italian) took the "bailout" money and used it to IMPORT FIATS!

Yea. Why didn't the UAW scream about this? Cuz they are too stupid. Why didn't Americans scream about this? Cuz they are too stupid.

True that Ford took no bailout. All three automakers gave up their corporate planes, after the fiasco of all three flying to DC to ask for help. Ford technically didn't have to, but I suppose it was an appearance thing, or a "just in case" they used bailout funds.

If Ford credit got money, it was likely TARP funds, which all banks received (many didn't use it and gave it back as soon as the process was devised and announced).

I also heard that GM used some to develop the Volt (or some hybrid type), that failed miserably. So the government bought them for government vehicles. Paying twice at the same foul trough.

Last edited:
I believe, Ford, indirectly, benefitted from the bailout. Since GM and Chrysler did, suppliers for all three were able to remain in business, which benefitted Ford. How many of those suppliers might have failed had GM and Chrysler gone through real bankruptcy? No way of knowing, really.

I think that is what should have been allowed to happen though. The pre and post The Big O, were nothing but payoffs.

I believe, Ford, indirectly, benefitted from the bailout. Since GM and Chrysler did, suppliers for all three were able to remain in business, which benefitted Ford. How many of those suppliers might have failed had GM and Chrysler gone through real bankruptcy? No way of knowing, really.

I think that is what should have been allowed to happen though. The pre and post The Big O, were nothing but payoffs.
I made a killing on Ford stock though. Sold the mutual funds in my IRA and bought as much Ford as I could the second they said they weren't taking any bailout money.

a close close close friend of mine works for a mega bank. Said the second they were eligible they paid back 100% of TARP funds. I wonder who benefitted from all that?

I ONLY drive US vehicles and prefer FORD primarily because of the bailout that GM received. My father in law will no longer touch ANY US vehicle because of the *** raping he took on GM stock. Cannot say I blame him. Way to go elected representatives!!!!

I ONLY drive US vehicles and prefer FORD primarily because of the bailout that GM received. My father in law will no longer touch ANY US vehicle because of the *** raping he took on GM stock. Cannot say I blame him. Way to go elected representatives!!!!
My dad bought Caddys for a long time but he won't after the bailout. Mom still has hers, a '99 with exceedingly low miles, but he traded his on a new Fusion last year. I've been mostly a Ford guy since the mid-80's. Mrs. Burgundy drives a Chrysler minivan but only because she wanted a minivan and Ford doesn't make one. Me and my kids all drive Fords.

I like my Acura,but the 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat has me craving American muscle again.

My dad bought Caddys for a long time but he won't after the bailout. Mom still has hers, a '99 with exceedingly low miles, but he traded his on a new Fusion last year. I've been mostly a Ford guy since the mid-80's. Mrs. Burgundy drives a Chrysler minivan but only because she wanted a minivan and Ford doesn't make one. Me and my kids all drive Fords.

My wife drives a Flex, if you like the looks it is a flat out awesome vehicle. She drove a 2001 Town and Country before that. She has asked in a somewhat sheepishly voice a few times if she could get a Honda or Toyota. I always respond with "those ******** try to kill my grandpa" .... gets her right back in line every time....

My wife drives a Flex, if you like the looks it is a flat out awesome vehicle. She drove a 2001 Town and Country before that. She has asked in a somewhat sheepishly voice a few times if she could get a Honda or Toyota. I always respond with "those ******** try to kill my grandpa" .... gets her right back in line every time....
Problem is we have a big dog. Originally we got a Taurus wagon to be the greyhoundmobile but when she'd back up the dog would stand up to look and then she couldn't see out the rear window. I like the Flex but I could see the same problem happening. Friend of mine has one and loves it.
Me: 2008 Sport Trac 4x4, recently added a 1996 Grand Marquis that belonged to my late uncle. I bought it just to help settle the estate, got some things fixed and going to sell it.
Ron Jr.: 2000 Mustang triple-black ragtop, V6 5-speed, GT Flowmaster dual exhaust, K&N, BBK chrome strut tower brace, 17x8.5 wheels with 245/45-17 Bridgestones.
Veronica Corningstone Jr.: 2014 Fiesta, black, base model, only option is an automatic, she pays for it herself. I got her a set of black alloy wheels for her birthday last year.
Company car (I own the company): 2004 Focus wagon. Gets all sorts of abuse from all sorts of drivers, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

I have 2 Kia's, a Subaru and a Chevy. If only my wife would allow me to push the Chevy over a cliff.

I drive the Chevy back and forth to work. The Subaru is my daughter's car. My wife drives a Kia Sorrento. I have a Kia Forte that I rarely drive anymore. Probably give it to my son when he starts driving next year.

That Chevy is easily the worst of the bunch. Freaking hunk of ****. Always something wrong with it. Always.

I love my KIa's. Great cars, tons of options, fair price. I'll stick with them until they let me down.

However, I would really like a Tacoma XSP-X. One can dream I guess.

97 F250 PSD, bought new.....200K with only regular maintenance. I may never get another vehicle if this keeps up.
And I kinda like the look of the new F150.

I haven't bought anything but Hondas for close to 20 years, and I'm not about to start buying anything else any time soon. Not the least reason being that they tend to last me around 10 years anyway. Had a 2001 Civic that I bought new, put 250,000 miles on, and traded in 2011 on a new Accord.

broke down and got a 2013 Altima awhile ago. Had been driving a 2004 Dodge Ram until some raghead ***** cut in front of me at a red light and I got rear-ended by my insurance company.

absolutely love this Altima. 27 mpg in the city, 37 on the highway.
much better than the 14-18 I got in that truck.

Yeah but those ******** make awesome cars that last forever. I like honda and acura, still have my '02 rsx, has damn near 200k and still rides smooth as silk

I have 2
I love my KIa's. Great cars, tons of options, fair price. I'll stick with them until they let me down.

When we had to replace my wife's Dodge Durango, we literally looked at all the SUV's on the market. We settled on the Sorrento. Great decision. Love that car.

a close close close friend of mine works for a mega bank. Said the second they were eligible they paid back 100% of TARP funds. I wonder who benefitted from all that?

Yep....I wouldn't own a Chevy. Unless it was a restored early 70's Nova, Chevelle or Camaro.

You should indulge her wishes buddy.

I LOVE, love love Toyota, Honda and Subaru.....have owned them all and always will. Nothing but pure reliability in my experiences. Driving a freaking Previa right now w/ about 180K on it.....needs exhaust work but that's to be expected....only trouble is it has 2 cats so it's gonna be pricey. Wanted/needed a pick up but it's just not in the stars right now, but soon. And it will be a Toyota, Nissan or a Ford. I drive a Ford F150 for work and it's been awesome. I've heard great stuff about the Eco Boost as well.

When we had to replace my wife's Dodge Durango, we literally looked at all the SUV's on the market. We settled on the Sorrento. Great decision. Love that car.

Years ago Kia had a horrible rep....especially the Sportage....complete garbage. They've really reinvented themselves though and I know many very happy Kia owners.