• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Boooosh

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Idiot.

WATCH: Jeb Bush Suggests Americans Should Work Longer Hours
Charlie Neibergall/AP Photo
Today, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush, who as of-late has gone relatively gaffe-free, uttered a phrase that may not go over too well with the constituency he seeks to reach. During an interview that was live-streamed on the app Periscope, Bush told New Hampshire’s The Union Leader that to grow the economy, “people should work longer hours.”

He was answering a question about his plans for tax reform and responded:

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

Already the Democratic National Committee has pounced, releasing a statement that calls his remarks “easily one of the most out-of-touch comments we’ve heard so far this cycle,” adding that Bush would not fight for the middle class as president.
In a statement, a Bush aide shot back: “Under President Obama, we have the lowest workforce participation rate since 1977, and too many Americans are falling behind. Only Washington Democrats could be out-of-touch enough to criticize giving more Americans the ability to work, earn a paycheck, and make ends meet.”

A 2014 Gallup poll found that already many Americans employed full-time report working, on average, 47 hours a week, while nearly 4 in 10 say they work at least 50 hours a week.

US workers work more hours than workers in any other large, industrialized country, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

There are 6.5 million people in the country who, according to the Bureau of Labor, are working part time for economic reasons. This means they are involuntarily working part time because they can't find full time employment and presumably would work more if they could.

Cut welfare benefits for the able-bodied and make them go to work, instead of living on current worker's tax money...while they do drugs and ignore their kids.

Cut welfare benefits for the able-bodied and make them go to work, instead of living on current worker's tax money...while they do drugs and ignore their kids.

Racist. How will they support their 12 kids from 22 fathers as single parents.

Racist. How will they support their 12 kids from 22 fathers as single parents.

My white guilt level is zero. My ancestors were Italian, Dutch, English and Cherokee. Having babies for income, on the worker's dime, has to stop. Anyone who disagrees is a commie.

Doesn't ******* matter if your employer doesn't have enough work for you to work more hours, does it? In 2007 I employed 22 people. Now I employ 13. At different times from 2009 to 2013 I had one or both of my offices closed on Mondays because we didn't have five days worth of work, since I rely on people having money to spend, which they don't. He's as out of touch as the Democrats. **** you, Boosh.

A ******* Men!

My white guilt level is zero. My ancestors were Italian, Dutch, English and Cherokee. Having babies for income, on the worker's dime, has to stop. Anyone who disagrees is a commie.

And can I just add another...............A ******* Men!

Stay out da bushes!!

It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

I guess it's all in the interpretation. While I do not want another Bush in the White House, I also can understand this statement to mean less part time and more full time employment....jus sayin'

There is no reason for poverty in America. Even at minimum wage $7.25 per hour, if everyone worked 23 hrs a day and got Christmas day off,
you can make 23 X $7.25 = $166.75 x 364 days = $60,697. Enough for luxurious lifestyle when you only have 1 free hour a day to spend it.

meanwhile, Scott Walker introduces a bill that would allow workers in Wisconsin to VOLUNTARILY work more than 5 days per week.

Dems have an issue with this.

There is no reason for poverty in America. Even at minimum wage $7.25 per hour, if everyone worked 23 hrs a day and got Christmas day off,
you can make 23 X $7.25 = $166.75 x 364 days = $60,697. Enough for luxurious lifestyle when you only have 1 free hour a day to spend it.

well, no.
what are the taxes on that?

Jeb Bush walks back ‘hours’ gaffe

HUDSON, N.H. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush insisted last night his controversial call for Americans to “work longer hours” in a New Hampshire Union-Leader interview yesterday was being taken out of context.

Bush told reporters at a campaign event here that when he said “people need to work longer hours” to grow the economy, he was referring to part-time workers getting more hours — not full-time employees working longer — and he blasted Obamacare for companies scaling back to 30-hour-a-week schedules.

“If we’re going to grow our economy, people need to stop being part-time workers and need to be having access to greater opportunities to work,” Bush said last night. “You can take it out of context all you want, but high sustaining growth means people work 40 hours, rather than 30 hours.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/07/jeb_bush_walks_back_hours_gaffe

HUDSON, N.H. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush insisted last night his controversial call for Americans to “work longer hours” in a New Hampshire Union-Leader interview yesterday was being taken out of context.

Bush told reporters at a campaign event here that when he said “people need to work longer hours” to grow the economy, he was referring to part-time workers getting more hours — not full-time employees working longer — and he blasted Obamacare for companies scaling back to 30-hour-a-week schedules.

“If we’re going to grow our economy, people need to stop being part-time workers and need to be having access to greater opportunities to work,” Bush said last night. “You can take it out of context all you want, but high sustaining growth means people work 40 hours, rather than 30 hours.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/07/jeb_bush_walks_back_hours_gaffe

But you need enough demand for labor for people to work more hours (and not just getting a second job) because there is more work TO DO. He still doesn't get it.

Look how smart chip is. He musta called bush up and let him knew he don-******-up

meanwhile, Scott Walker introduces a bill that would allow workers in Wisconsin to VOLUNTARILY work more than 5 days per week.

Dems have an issue with this.

One of my friends is from Wisconsin and HATES Walker. HATES him. Says this bill will be the end of Wisconsin labor as we know it.