• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Boy Scouts’ President Calls for End to Ban on Gay Leaders

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Douchebag Gates making another stellar decision -
Robert M. Gates, the president of the Boy Scouts of America and former secretary of defense, called on Thursday to end the Scouts’ blanket ban on gay adult leaders, warning the group’s executives that “we must deal with the world as it is, not as we might wish it to be.”

from - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...calls-for-end-to-ban-on-gay-leaders.html?_r=0

What a cowardly worldview, and such a shame that he is leading the Scouts. Gay guys, I don't give a **** where you stick your dick, but can you just leave a few things alone? Does every ******* institution in this country need to pretend like your scene is normal? It isn't, but that's ok, just let the hetero people who think traditional **** is important have their institutions. You're like, 3% of the population. You've done pretty well. Stop pushing it.

Last edited:
Divide and conquer. Whether it's by race or sexual orientation. The straight (white) man is soon to be an endangered species.

Does every ******* institution in this country need to pretend like your scene is normal? It isn't, but that's ok, just let the hetero people who think traditional **** is important have their institutions. You're like, 3% of the population. You've done pretty well. Stop pushing it.

maybe 3% if you don't count the 10-15% that are still hiding because of traditional thinkers...not to mention the 20-25% that are bi-sexual hiding or not...be careful...you might catch it...

btw...what is normal?...

Oh goody, keys to the candy store.

maybe 3% if you don't count the 10-15% that are still hiding because of traditional thinkers...not to mention the 20-25% that are bi-sexual hiding or not...be careful...you might catch it...

btw...what is normal?...

Pure conjecture the media wants you to believe. Most of the studies that show that no more than 3-5% of Americans are gay factor this in.

Why are you afraid of heterosexuality being the norm?

btw...what is normal?...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-no-idea-how-few-gay-people-there-are/257753/

Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are

Surveys show a shockingly high fraction think a quarter of the country is gay or lesbian, when the reality is that it's probably less than 2 percent.

Lots of good stuff in there that points to lots of different studies that shows that the bulk of what you assume is wrong, and puts you in that growing # of people in this country that wildly overestimate these numbers. These people are victims of the Gay & Lesbian marketing machine, that is both working and providing vast amounts of misinformation that many digest.

A persons sexuality doesn't stop them from.being a moral good person. So long as they aren't molesting the kids I have no problem with it. A gay scout master who isn't having sex with the kids is the same as a straight scout master who isn't having sex with the kids.

A step forward for BSA imo. Really should be a non issue in today's world. Sadly, the right will fight this gay equality thing tooth and nail. Would be nice if they pushed fiscal convervatism with that much vigor.

Pure conjecture the media wants you to believe. Most of the studies that show that no more than 3-5% of Americans are gay factor this in.

Why are you afraid of heterosexuality being the norm?

actually i was throwing random numbers out there...every study seems to have different percentages depending on who did the study...i tend to believe it's probably closer to 10% overall...it's amazing to see how many people that have been married for 10-20 years end up in divorce with one spouse or the other saying they finally can live the life they've always felt...

normal for one person isn't normal for another...why is that so hard to understand?...

normal for one person isn't normal for another...why is that so hard to understand?...

That's not hard to understand. At all. What is your point? Is it a justification? Because someone defines normal different than I do, I should be tolerant of it...that's just that?

I look forward to this reply...

you-have-to-draw-the-line-somewhere-reduced.jpg

A pedo is more likely to pass himself off as a celibate catholic priest than a openly gay Boy Scout leader.

Or as a straight Boy Scout leader.
Are the Girl Scouts going to let GCS take a troop camping in the woods?

Last edited:
Or as a straight Boy Scout leader.

So what does the end of the ban of openly gay scout leaders have to do with a pedo posing as a straight man scout leader?

Doesn't that issue exist with the ban?

So what does the end of the ban of openly gay scout leaders have to do with a pedo posing as a straight man scout leader?

Doesn't that issue exist with the ban?

It has to do with the same thing as a pedo posing as a celibate Catholic priest. You're the one who brought it up. Back at ya. :wink:

Does anybody else this how absolutely crazy this world has become that two things on the National Radar has to do with the Boy Scouts of all things. The F'n Boy Scouts. Gays, Water Pistols and the Boys Scouts....news at 11.

Does anybody else this how absolutely crazy this world has become that two things on the National Radar has to do with the Boy Scouts of all things. The F'n Boy Scouts. Gays, Water Pistols and the Boys Scouts....news at 11.

Not as crazy as when Phil Robertson was the leading story for disagreeing with gay marriage or Paula Dean for using the n-word.

That's just "Look! You may take offense to this!" news.

That's not hard to understand. At all. What is your point? Is it a justification? Because someone defines normal different than I do, I should be tolerant of it...that's just that?

I look forward to this reply...

you-have-to-draw-the-line-somewhere-reduced.jpg

i see no reason why tolerance of others rights is a bad thing...

i see no reason why the norm has to be heterosexual or homosexual at all...why does it have to be one or the other...it's been both since the beginning of time...it'll be both for the rest of time...it's not an either/or norm...

just because i don't understand how a man could look at another man with amorous intent...doesn't mean i have the right to tell him he can't have a job in the boy scouts...his normal isn't mine...but his normal has no factor on my tolerance of his lifestyle...because they are his...not mine...the minute his lifestyle impinges upon my rights...THEN my tolerance will be tested...

as for lines...who draws the line though?...only the people that agree with your norm?...and how is the line drawn?...your rights end where another person's rights begin is an old adage...but how is a homosexual getting a job with the boy scouts mess with your rights...or in otherwords...how does that cross the line that you've drawn?...

Posted on Facebook by my Leftist-Atheist-Religion-Hating cousin when Ireland voted to legalize gay marriage. I thought it was funny anyway.

Irish_Preist.jpg

i see no reason why tolerance of others rights is a bad thing...

i see no reason why the norm has to be heterosexual or homosexual at all...why does it have to be one or the other...it's been both since the beginning of time...it'll be both for the rest of time...it's not an either/or norm...

just because i don't understand how a man could look at another man with amorous intent...doesn't mean i have the right to tell him he can't have a job in the boy scouts...his normal isn't mine...but his normal has no factor on my tolerance of his lifestyle...because they are his...not mine...the minute his lifestyle impinges upon my rights...THEN my tolerance will be tested...

as for lines...who draws the line though?...only the people that agree with your norm?...and how is the line drawn?...your rights end where another person's rights begin is an old adage...but how is a homosexual getting a job with the boy scouts mess with your rights...or in otherwords...how does that cross the line that you've drawn?...

Tolerance of others is not a bad thing. But in this case, we are discussing "normal" and "tolerance" and the BSA allowing gay leaders. Fine, we can all agree there is no problem with that. But you asked the original question - "btw what is normal?" This is what I'm taking you to point for. You're indicating that just because people are different, we should be tolerant and accepting as long as it doesn't violate someone else's rights. That's utopian thinking and not able to be defined in practice. You must discuss - "where do you draw the line?"

I'll offer a few examples, some of which are tired examples, but show how your justification is just wide open to slippery slopes.

Polyamory. I define normal as having more than one wife. You think marriage should be between two people only. Who wins? I'm not abusing your rights, am I? Why can I not have 3 wives? But someone drew a line once, that it should be one man and one wife and having more than one wife isn't "normal." Who drew that line? Their definition of normal was different than mine. Why can't they be tolerant of my wish to have multiple wives?

Animal Rights. PETA and other organizations, and activists, work to protect animals. Makes sense. I'm a dog owner. My dog is a member of my family, practically human to us. But I also grew up on a farm. I cut the heads off of hundreds of chickens, I held rabbits as they were slaughtered while alive with a knife to be served for dinner. I've killed a thousand fish, I hunt deer and have killed 25 bucks and 3 does for food, and while growing up participated in the slaughter of countless pigs and cattle to feed our families. This is normal to me and millions. This lifestyle does not violate anyone else's rights - but it is abnormal to others. Who gets to define normal? At some point in time, if PETA and other organizations get to re-define what is normal, I could go to prison as a mass murderer.

I think back to the Michael Vick case. There are countless families that grew up in the south, for generations, where dog fighting was considered normal. Somewhere, along the line, dogs somehow became protected (though they are still just animals). And what was normal for one group suddenly became illegal. How long before a man is charged for animal cruelty for killing a stray snake that wanders on to his lawn because the slippery slope of "defining normal" continues to shift and one by one more and more animals are added to the list of animals man shalt not kill?

Pedophilia. No, I am not comparing gay people to pedophiles. And this is the tired example. But it exposes slippery slope. For the sake of this discussion, take the illegality aspect out of pedophilia for just a moment. Look at it simply from the aspect of loving and caring. I can fathom that there are people out there that could truly fall in love with a child or a minor. I can fathom that to them, their love is likely and truly "real love" as they feel it, though we may all say it is sick and twisted and distorted. To the pedophile, these are normal feelings, and she'd likely argue - if I and the child truly do LOVE each other, what is so abnormal about that? If it weren't already illegal (thank God it is), she could determine her desires are normal and we should be tolerant.

Hopefully you get my point. You can't use your stated logic - that we should simply be tolerant and understand that other people define normal differently - to handles these types of situations . That set of parameters fails very quickly.

Last edited: