• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buy or sell ? pre-**** edition #RunTheGauntletIfYouDare

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Like pre-**** I am developing this early. Well let's put a nipple on it and get started!

Fresh off a win, are the Steelers who you thought they were? (Look to the end for an interesting statistic)

The Titans will have 7,000 fans allowed in their stadium, Steeler fans will be aplenty? ( Looks like initially tickets will go to the season ticket holders but I hear Nashville Craigslist has some listings! What are you waiting for go out and grab you a pair)

Statistically the Steelers have the NFL best run D will they shut down Oh Henry? (Go on take a bite)

It is been suggested by one drunk heavily inebriated fan that next year Chuks could slide over to LT and Banner resume the pre-injury RT spot would you bet McFadden that it will take place? (are you paying attention?)

Tennessee tackle Taylor Lewan left the Titans game with a shoulder injury, if he doesn't play this Bud's for you? (If you said Bud you are wiser and I've said it all)

BigBen just passed Mike Webster for career games and responded with, "there is only one Iron Mike" if so what label would you tag BigBen with?

With the emergence of McFarland the overall game of Conner and the short yardage ability of Snell yeah, Jaysam shouldn't be getting any touches any time soon?

During the Texan game Ola Adeniyi and Alex Highsmith got into the mix with a run stop and a nice pressure is this rookie class impressive or Watt?

Let's take a stab at this, Diontae Johnson has had a few not so special team errors, with Ray-Ray McCloud shining he should get the nod as a punt and kickoff returner? (right answers get credited with a tackle) (so you are paying attention)

3 games in and only the Steelers have had a 100 yard rusher in each outing no other team can boast that claim. Sunday the Steelers will extend it to 4 games with an 100 yard rusher.

Steelers will smack those tittles around and squeak out a victory.

In closing my two and a half cents: So you were impressive and flexed your muscles while you ran the gauntlet but a little dammed if I knew how about you.

Steelers, Ravens, and Chiefs have all faced the Texans.

The Steelers were the best of the 3 in:

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed
Passing yards.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

(per SteelCityBlitz)

so much for the yeah but they only faced ________ theory.

giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
Like pre-**** I am developing this early. Well let's put a nipple on it and get started!

Fresh off a win, are the Steelers who you thought they were? (Look to the end for an interesting statistic)
Push - I'm happy they are 3-0. I expected more dominant defensive play, but they are still making the plays to win games for us. Ben is still September Ben. Actually he is exceeding expectation of September Ben. He is going to have a great year if he keeps improving his mechanics.

The Titans will have 7,000 fans allowed in their stadium, Steeler fans will be aplenty? ( Looks like initially tickets will go to the season ticket holders but I hear Nashville Craigslist has some listings! What are you waiting for go out and grab you a pair) Sell - Steeler Fans will have to pay out the *** for those tickets, I expect this to be a Nashville crowd with only a few terrible towels.

Statistically the Steelers have the NFL best run D will they shut down Oh Henry? (Go on take a bite) Buy - If they can shut down Sequan, IMHO is the best back in the league, they can hold Henry. It might not be as dominant as the NYG game, but I don't see this team letting up 80 yards if they are committed to stopping Henry.

It is been suggested by one drunk heavily inebriated fan that next year Chuks could slide over to LT and Banner resume the pre-injury RT spot would you bet McFadden that it will take place? (are you paying attention?) Buy - I think that was the thinking long term for this grouping. Going into this year, the coaching staff knew we had 3 excellent starting capable RTs. So what do you do? Move one to LG and have the other 2 run LT and XT. Chukes has always been the swing backup, so he is pegged to replace Villa if he leaves.

Tennessee tackle Taylor Lewan left the Titans game with a shoulder injury, if he doesn't play this Bud's for you? (If you said Bud you are wiser and I've said it all) Buy - Bud will feast if Lewan isn't playing

BigBen just passed Mike Webster for career games and responded with, "there is only one Iron Mike" if so what label would you tag BigBen with? I think it's time to start referring to Big Ben as Biggest Benjamin.

With the emergence of McFarland the overall game of Conner and the short yardage ability of Snell yeah, Jaysam shouldn't be getting any touches any time soon? Sell, McFarland is a change of pace, attack the edge RB that we didn't have on the roster. Jaysam is the best receiver and should still be utilized on no huddle and 3rd and passing situations. I think we should drop his running touches significantly though.

During the Texan game Ola Adeniyi and Alex Highsmith got into the mix with a run stop and a nice pressure is this rookie class impressive or Watt? Buy - The Steelers are now 4 players deep into this 2020 draft class who have all performed well when placed in the game. This was a very difficult draft for the Steelers since they didn't have a 1st rounder, so to get this type of production out of drafted players, this deep into the draft, is unique in my time following the Steelers.

Let's take a stab at this, Diontae Johnson has had a few not so special team errors, with Ray-Ray McCloud shining he should get the nod as a punt and kickoff returner? (right answers get credited with a tackle) (so you are paying attention)
Buy - Health always becomes a concern with young WRs in the return game. Since DJ had a concussion this week and is still dealing with a toe, give it to Ray-Ray. I will add, I'd rather have DJ on returnable balls (I.E. the other team kicking from deep in their territory), because his ability to make people miss is elite. But Ray Ray should start handling the bulk of the return duties. I only hope he doesn't fair catch balls inside the 5...

3 games in and only the Steelers have had a 100 yard rusher in each outing no other team can boast that claim. Sunday the Steelers will extend it to 4 games with an 100 yard rusher. Buy. TEN lets up 166 yards on the ground per game and rank 28th in the league against the run. We will attack them with a power rushing attack this week.

Steelers will smack those tittles around and squeak out a victory. I like the matchups. We have more talent on both sides of the ball. If the D lines up in man, it's going to be tough for their receivers to get open. Their biggest threat is Henry. Shut him down and this should be a win. It is a road game, so I'm expecting it to be within one score. Winning this game will put the Steelers in the conversation for elite AFC teams by beating a AFCC participant from last season.

In closing my two and a half cents: So you were impressive and flexed your muscled while you ran the gauntlet but a little dammed if I knew how about you.

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed
Passing yards.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

(per SteelCityBlitz)

giphy-downsized.gif

So you're saying we have the best defense out of the elite AFC teams? I'll take it!

Fresh off a win, are the Steelers who you thought they were? They remind me of teams from the last few years, but they are winning games they might have flittered away in the past. Not sure if coaches are doing better, Or its COVID.... We definitely have the talent to compete.

The Titans will have 7,000 fans allowed in their stadium, Steeler fans will be aplenty? of 7000 it would be hard to spot titans fans ,,,, only way is if the Steeler fans don the gold head to toe, and hold up the Terrible towl without twirling.

Statistically the Steelers have the NFL best run D will they shut down Oh Henry? (Go on take a bite) This game scares me . Vrable. Tannehill can make efficient passes. We gear up to stop the run,,, I think the type of run game they have will challenge our pass rush.

It is been suggested by one drunk heavily inebriated fan that next year Chuks could slide over to LT and Banner resume the pre-injury RT spot would you bet McFadden that it will take place? (are you paying attention?) Im at a loss here. I would another Tackle Talent. Chuks and banner might be fine for RT... idk about left long term.

Tennessee tackle Taylor Lewan left the Titans game with a shoulder injury, if he doesn't play this Bud's for you? (If you said Bud you are wiser and I've said it all) No. I wouldn't bank on bud having a Huge game. No matter who plays at T for the titans.

BigBen just passed Mike Webster for career games and responded with, "there is only one Iron Mike" if so what label would you tag BigBen with? Big Steady, ,,,

With the emergence of McFarland the overall game of Conner and the short yardage ability of Snell yeah, Jaysam shouldn't be getting any touches any time soon? It's not looking good for him. I go back to the *'s game last year and he ran for over 100 yrds. He can run, he can catch. It almost feels like he's not a "reliever" He needs to be in the mix much more to get rolling. Mcfarland had a nice run or two, but you could see the rookie stink is still on him. Benny is ok, .

During the Texan game Ola Adeniyi and Alex Highsmith got into the mix with a run stop and a nice pressure is this rookie class impressive or Watt? So far it has been quite impressive. In years past rookies didn't see the field i.e. Bustamalu. I hope that doesn't speak to the talent/professional level of our team.

Yes ray ray should be our return man. Leave our starting WR's out of it if we can.

3 games in and only the Steelers have had a 100 yard rusher in each outing no other team can boast that claim. Sunday the Steelers will extend it to 4 games with an 100 yard rusher. The odds are not in our favor. Can we ? Sure. With Tomlin playing with his new toy, Mcfarland,, and the injury to Derek Watt, I would say no.

Steelers will smack those tittles around and squeak out a victory. I think we win, I don't believe it will be a blow out.

In closing my two and a half cents: So you were impressive and flexed your muscles while you ran the gauntlet but a little dammed if I knew how about you.

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed <-- This is the one that surprised me.
Passing yards. < --- oh wait,, this is fargin suprising too.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

Hope the team doesn't ready any hype going into this game. They need to come to play each week. TN is going to be tough on the road.

Fresh off a win, are the Steelers who you thought they were? They remind me of teams from the last few years, but they are winning games they might have flittered away in the past. Not sure if coaches are doing better, Or its COVID.... We definitely have the talent to compete.

The Titans will have 7,000 fans allowed in their stadium, Steeler fans will be aplenty? of 7000 it would be hard to spot titans fans ,,,, only way is if the Steeler fans don the gold head to toe, and hold up the Terrible towl without twirling.

Statistically the Steelers have the NFL best run D will they shut down Oh Henry? (Go on take a bite) This game scares me . Vrable. Tannehill can make efficient passes. We gear up to stop the run,,, I think the type of run game they have will challenge our pass rush.

It is been suggested by one drunk heavily inebriated fan that next year Chuks could slide over to LT and Banner resume the pre-injury RT spot would you bet McFadden that it will take place? (are you paying attention?) Im at a loss here. I would another Tackle Talent. Chuks and banner might be fine for RT... idk about left long term.

Tennessee tackle Taylor Lewan left the Titans game with a shoulder injury, if he doesn't play this Bud's for you? (If you said Bud you are wiser and I've said it all) No. I wouldn't bank on bud having a Huge game. No matter who plays at T for the titans.

BigBen just passed Mike Webster for career games and responded with, "there is only one Iron Mike" if so what label would you tag BigBen with? Big Steady, ,,,

With the emergence of McFarland the overall game of Conner and the short yardage ability of Snell yeah, Jaysam shouldn't be getting any touches any time soon? It's not looking good for him. I go back to the *'s game last year and he ran for over 100 yrds. He can run, he can catch. It almost feels like he's not a "reliever" He needs to be in the mix much more to get rolling. Mcfarland had a nice run or two, but you could see the rookie stink is still on him. Benny is ok, .

During the Texan game Ola Adeniyi and Alex Highsmith got into the mix with a run stop and a nice pressure is this rookie class impressive or Watt? So far it has been quite impressive. In years past rookies didn't see the field i.e. Bustamalu. I hope that doesn't speak to the talent/professional level of our team.

Yes ray ray should be our return man. Leave our starting WR's out of it if we can.

3 games in and only the Steelers have had a 100 yard rusher in each outing no other team can boast that claim. Sunday the Steelers will extend it to 4 games with an 100 yard rusher. The odds are not in our favor. Can we ? Sure. With Tomlin playing with his new toy, Mcfarland,, and the injury to Derek Watt, I would say no.

Steelers will smack those tittles around and squeak out a victory. I think we win, I don't believe it will be a blow out.

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed <-- This is the one that surprised me.
Passing yards. < --- oh wait,, this is fargin suprising too.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

tenor.gif

Mostly, yes. I had hoped for more turnovers by the defense, but those will come I think. We may be throwing a bit more than I expected, but I have no complaints at the moment.

The Titans will have 7,000 fans allowed in their stadium, Steeler fans will be aplenty? ( Looks like initially tickets will go to the season ticket holders but I hear Nashville Craigslist has some listings! What are you waiting for go out and grab you a pair)

Grab me a pair? Only pair I am grabbing are my own. wait. you meant tickets. sorry, my bad. I can't go to Tenn. I am wanted there and can't cross the state line unless I am running Hootch.

Statistically the Steelers have the NFL best run D will they shut down Oh Henry? (Go on take a bite)

Henry is a challenge adn I think we will struggle with him more than others. We are built fast on defense but Henry is a big physical dude. We will give up some yards to him. It would be a great game to let the chains off the offense early and get out to a lead. Alas, not sure our OC or HC believe in that sort of thing.

It is been suggested by one drunk heavily inebriated fan that next year Chuks could slide over to LT and Banner resume the pre-injury RT spot would you bet McFadden that it will take place? (are you paying attention?)

Yes. I was indeed paying attention.

Tennessee tackle Taylor Lewan left the Titans game with a shoulder injury, if he doesn't play this Bud's for you? (If you said Bud you are wiser and I've said it all)

Bud. Weis. Errrrr.
And don't fruit the beer!

BigBen just passed Mike Webster for career games and responded with, "there is only one Iron Mike" if so what label would you tag BigBen with?

um...you want a label other than Big? Okay. How about Future Hall of Famer Big Ben.

With the emergence of McFarland the overall game of Conner and the short yardage ability of Snell yeah, Jaysam shouldn't be getting any touches any time soon?

Not sure JSam should be getting a hat at this point.

During the Texan game Ola Adeniyi and Alex Highsmith got into the mix with a run stop and a nice pressure is this rookie class impressive or Watt?

Ola isn't a rookie. Alex Highsmith did flash - I notices. Toss in Claypool, Dot, and McFarland - yes, this draft class is looking strong.

I would like to see Ray Ray. If that is the right answer and it involves a tackle by James Harrison like in the commercial, then I want to change my answer to the wrong one. I am too ol

3 games in and only the Steelers have had a 100 yard rusher in each outing no other team can boast that claim. Sunday the Steelers will extend it to 4 games with an 100 yard rusher.

Yes.

Buy. We win.

I did not flex any muscles good sir. I am far too well seasoned for that. No way I am pulling a muscle.

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed
Passing yards.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

(per SteelCityBlitz)

They only faced empty stadiums with fake crowd noise pumped into the TV feed. Wait till there are 7K people in the stands. Then we will get learnt. :tongue:

giphy-downsized.gif

my foolishness inline above

>>>While the Steelers are 3-0, or combined opponents record is 0-9.

>> The Run D has been pretty good. Our Defensive line is the main reason why. But the pass defense has major problems in the middle zone and Nelson has been terrible this year.

>> With our cap space and Big Al's declining play, this is plausible. Though I'm not sure if Chuks can play LT. Right now he looks solid in pass protection at RT. The Steelers better draft a tackle high next year.

>>>Lewan one of the best Tackle's in the game. If he can't play, it's a big plus for us.

>>> The toughest drama queen you've ever seen.

>>> Outside of 2nd or 3rd and short I don't much of a role for Snell. If McFarland who dropped a pass he could have had, starts catching them Samuels primal value as a 3rd down pass catcher take a hit. of course once Conner can't play a bit, both Snell and Samules will see more action.

>> I like Highsmith's effort. The Big O has never hit my football G.

>>> Ray-Ray McCloud is the best Steelers return man in years. I don't know what's up with Johnson, but his physical and metal errors have cost us. Meanwhile McCloud continues to shine. Yes, give Ray-Ray both jobs.

>>> Probably not, but we will extend our game with a sack streak.

>>> 60/40 in favor of the Steelers. The Titans are tough to beat in close games.

>>>Almost impressed.

>>>While the Steelers are 3-0, or combined opponents record is 0-9.

>> The Run D has been pretty good. Our Defensive line is the main reason why. But the pass defense has major problems in the middle zone and Nelson has been terrible this year.

>> With our cap space and Big Al's declining play, this is plausible. Though I'm not sure if Chuks can play LT. Right now he looks solid in pass protection at RT. The Steelers better draft a tackle high next year.

>>>Lewan one of the best Tackle's in the game. If he can't play, it's a big plus for us.

>>> The toughest drama queen you've ever seen.

>>> Outside of 2nd or 3rd and short I don't much of a role for Snell. If McFarland who dropped a pass he could have had, starts catching them Samuels primal value as a 3rd down pass catcher take a hit. of course once Conner can't play a bit, both Snell and Samules will see more action.

>> I like Highsmith's effort. The Big O has never hit my football G.

>>> Ray-Ray McCloud is the best Steelers return man in years. I don't know what's up with Johnson, but his physical and metal errors have cost us. Meanwhile McCloud continues to shine. Yes, give Ray-Ray both jobs.

>>> Probably not, but we will extend our game with a sack streak.

>>> 60/40 in favor of the Steelers. The Titans are tough to beat in close games.

>>>Almost impressed.

The Big O has never hit my football G.

Read this twice what exactly were you saying here?

Fresh off a win, are the Steelers who you thought they were?>>>While the Steelers are 3-0, or combined opponents record is 0-9.

I get your point, but have you looked at the records of the opponents of the teams we played?

Giants - Steelers (3-0), Bears (3-0), Niners (2-1) Total: 8-1

Denver - **** (2-1), Steelers (3-0), Tampa (2-1) Total: 7-2

Texans - Chiefs (3-0), Butfucks (3-0), Steelers (3-0) total 9-0

Our opponents opponents total record: 24-3

Laffs and laffs some more. It is what it is brother. Yea, we got some sluggish teams outta the gate but we have plenty of challenges ahead. Just enjoy a game at a time is my world.

Last edited:

Nothing like playing the ****. I hope the bring a full body of work to the game

I said 3-0 in September and said 4-0 or 3-1 in the 1st 1/4 of the season. The offense is playing a little ahead of what I thought and the defense is playing a little behind of what I thought. Put both together and you have 3-0

Grab a pair of tickets or a pair of ****,... Or both...........Either way the fans being present will bolster the STEELERS regardless of who they are rooting for, just the energy and noise will liven things up even if just an it's bitsy point of it all

YES, they will take away the run (**** stregnth) and force you to beat them with the pass. Our pass "D" will step up and create some turn overs.

NO, 1st off Banner will have to go through re-had and not gain weight in doing so. Chuks will have a year under his belt and should be way ahead of Banner by the time he returns. We will fill LT with high $$$ FA or very high draft pick, provided we don't keep Villi

The lesser the talent the more Bud will shine. Some say he dissapeared against top talent against Huston. He had 1.5 sacks and that's NOT disappearing. Scheme will have some to do with it as he may designated HENRY stopper.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER, the complete STEELERS player

You need to keep Jsam in ready mode. But I see him getting less and less snaps, provided McFarland doesn't regress.

DEFINATELY impressive but there is ONLY 1 WATT on defense and it is one hell of a bright one.

I can see them giving him a shot and see what happens. BUT. The real fix is DJ and the Juggs machine for 24 hours straight. He needs to spend a whole lot of time on the Juggs and be creative as to how he is spending that time. Also point it up and put ball in randomly funky and let him field until his cleats fall off. There are a lot of drills including the O'l carry this rock with you everywhere and don't let anyone take it from you (TV). DJ is totally fixable, 4hrs with Jerome Bewttis, who happens to be a fumble fixer expert, would help a lot. There is hope......

Yes and a 100 yard receiver as well. Add in the 3 TD passes by BEN and we win by 9+

I think they will play with them very hard until they stiffen up to a point and then become winded as we leave with complete satisfaction
I think they will play with them very hard until they stiffen up to a point and then become winded as we leave with complete satisfaction

Not sure on this as it has been a long day. Do you think it will SNOW tomorrow? If I was wearing new or used shoes would it make a difference on my success with-in this gauntlet.

My SPIRITUAL BROTHERS are all telling me to go bare but that could be a little challenging with all this **** talk.

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed
Passing yards.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

(per SteelCityBlitz)

All this doesn't surprise me but I am VEWRY pleased to see it. Some have said we don't stand a chance against the Ravens to the point of useless to play the game. My reply was "That's why they play the game" **** the rats & double **** the Kansas City football club

:spinlogo::logo:

giphy-downsized.gif

GREAT Gauntlet slash. Thanks for doing these, I love them !!!!!

Salute the nation

I get your point, but have you looked at the records of the opponents of the teams we played?

Giants - Steelers (3-0), Bears (3-0), Niners (2-1) Total: 8-1

Denver - **** (2-1), Steelers (3-0), Tampa (2-1) Total: 7-2

Texans - Chiefs (3-0), Butfucks (3-0), Steelers (3-0) total 9-0

Our opponents opponents total record: 24-3

Laffs and laffs some more. It is what it is brother. Yea, we got some sluggish teams outta the gate but we have plenty of challenges ahead. Just enjoy a game at a time is my world.

We have too many playmakers on offense and defense to lose to winless teams, but the worry is this. We didn't exactly blow any of them out. The Titans will show where this team really is. I see major problems with our zone coverage and whomever Nelson is covering.

We have too many playmakers on offense and defense to lose to winless teams, but the worry is this. We didn't exactly blow any of them out. The Titans will show where this team really is. I see major problems with our zone coverage and whomever Nelson is covering.

The answer to the question I asked?

I guess Nelson is your new player to diss over and over and over again.

they are who I thought they were...,3-0 with room to improve....oh and **** those who point out their opponents record....other than seattle and kc none of the 3-0 teams have really beaten anyone all that good

all you ******* close by....get your tickers somehow

they may not shut him down..but they will contain him and and put the pressure on the qb to win it

it could happen....or it might not....let's see how the season goes and the draft

Bud will destroy whoever lines up across from him

**** titles..future HOF qb is enough

like to see more than one solid outing before I say he "emerged"...good change of pace back though Jaysam who???

good to see rookies making plays so early.especially without the preseason games

let McCloud handle both, while Johnson has some great moves once he is going, he does some stupid ****

Sunday, Conner and McFarland both break 100 yards total offense

**** the titties.....Steelers go to Tenn and whip them

Yards allowed
Rush Yds allowed
Pass yards allowed
Passing yards.
Time of possession
1st downs
sacks

fire tomlin....

have you seen who the Titans have beaten? not exactly impressive either. Of the 3-0 teams, the Steelers have given up the fewest points on defense....

What is football G....????

Is that the letter of the Isle you parked in ?

Salute the nation

You caught on late, but at least you got it. To clarify for the slow Ola has never excited me.

It's a small sample size, but here we have stats since 2018 when blitz and pressures were recoreded.

Chickillo:
2018 25 Blitz 5 QBPress 1.5 sacks
2019 8 Blitz 2 QBPress 0.5 sacks
2020 2 Blitz 0 QBPress

Ola
2018 1 Blitz 0 QBPress
2019 2 Blitz 0 QBPress
2020 6 Blitz 3 QBPress

It looks like Chick is regressing and Ola is improving. Chick had the backup job in 18, and his numbers dropped severely in 19. Chick has more sacks with 7.5 career sacks. From what I've seen this season on film is Ola is getting pressure when he blitzes, and the stats show that with a 50% QB pressure rate per blitz this season.

well...he is part of a girl......a bleeding one typically

Let's get it out in the open, Coolie is a hobo in Houston, and he's my *****. If anyone calls you a tramp, let me know about.

Let's get it out in the open, Coolie is a hobo in Houston, and he's my *****. If anyone calls you a tramp, let me know about.

first off I don't live in Houston I live in Cypress Texas with is northwest of Houston

second, you are the board's *****

third, Bill O'BRien was both HC and GM until today

fourth plug your hole and stop bleeding all over my site

Last edited: