• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 7

Why is Oregon still #3?

Penn State is not the 3d best team in the country. I’m not even sure they’re top 5. I’d put them around 7 or 8.
Yeah, I agree, there is no way they’re the 3rd best team in the nation, but identifying the good teams seems more challenging these days. They were getting waxed by an unranked team, but you have to give them credit for coming back. Who knows? Maybe they are the 3rd best team.

Penn State is not the 3d best team in the country. I’m not even sure they’re top 5. I’d put them around 7 or 8.

I can see putting Ohio State at 3 and keeping Penn State 4 if you had their game with Oregon as a draw. But who else right now goes ahead of Penn State?

Georgia? They got spanked by Bama and barely survive Kentucky and this week they had their hands full with 1-4 Miss State.
Alabama? Lost to vandy and this week they barely survived against South Carolina.
Miami? at least they're undefeated but they were gifted a win vs Virginia Tech on a bad replay call. Last week they beat Cal by 1 point, again with the help of questionable calls.

still a lot of games to play but right now Penn State has to be no lower than 4. With the new playoff format the rankings aren't as meaningful anyway, not the actual rank, more like the area of your rank. The bye goes to conference champs. If you're top 10, you're good for a playoff spot and likely hosting a 1st round game.