• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 7

Wow, Ohio State's QB really fell apart there at the end. Don't know what he was thinking.

I can't believe how bad Ohio State's defense was today.

Oregon played a great game but Ohio State is stocked with 4 and 5 star talent on defense and gave up so many wide open plays. They got gashed in the run game too. Oregon was even without a top WR who was kicked out for spitting in someone's face.

Ole Miss loses to LSU in OT for their 2nd loss. nobody knows how this playoff will turn out. Most assumed you could have 2 losses at most to make it. With all these upsets, I'm thinking there will be more than one 3 loss team that makes it. I think a 3 loss SEC or Big 10 team could get in ahead of some 2 loss ACC or Big 12 teams.

Ole Miss loses to LSU in OT for their 2nd loss. nobody knows how this playoff will turn out. Most assumed you could have 2 losses at most to make it. With all these upsets, I'm thinking there will be more than one 3 loss team that makes it. I think a 3 loss SEC or Big 10 team could get in ahead of some 2 loss ACC or Big 12 teams.
Cannot believe Ole Miss lost

Notre Dame better start rooting for USC. USC has enough athletes to beat ND and if ND has 2 losses to unranked opponents with that weak schedule, I don't think they make the playoffs.
Throw the records out when those 2 play...
NDs schedule is really not a cake walk the rest of the way like some people are saying...
Georgia Tech is 5-2 and Virginia 4-2. GT in Atlanta on the turf will be challenging for ND's defense.
Army & Navy are both undefeated and playing very solid ball, and always play ND tough.
Cant look past the Seminoles...they have enough athletes to surprise you..
And you just watched what USC can do offensively ....and they will be pumped and ready for this unlikely and unique rivalry!

Last edited:
Oregon played a great game but Ohio State is stocked with 4 and 5 star talent on defense and gave up so many wide open plays. They got gashed in the run game too. Oregon was even without a top WR who was kicked out for spitting in someone's face.
Since the start of 2023 in all games they have scored….81,38,55,42,42,33,38,35,63,36,49,31,31,45,24,37,49,34,31,and finally 32 against Ohio State yesterday.I’d call it business as per usual. 😊

The SEC is anybody’s right now.
When Vandy, Kentucky and the Cocks give the conference leaders problems, it’s a fun season.

Throw the records out when those 2 play...
NDs schedule is really not a cake walk the rest of the way like some people are saying...
Georgia Tech is 5-2 and Virginia 4-2. GT in Atlanta on the turf will be challenging for ND's defense.
Army & Navy are both undefeated and playing very solid ball, and always play ND tough.
Cant look past the Seminoles...they have enough athletes to surprise you..
And you just watched what USC can do offensively ....and they will be pumped and ready for this unlikely and unique rivalry!
I think GT will give UGA fits this season. They’re gonna be a pest

no excuse for OSU's defense. other than getting gouged in the run game and burke getting toasted all night, we continually tried to pressure gabriel with 4 men even though it wasn't working. i think we blitzed 3 times. i get wanting to contain big plays, but they were happening anyway. hope we can tighten things up or there won't be a rematch in the ccg. hats off to oregon.

I think we are starting to see the effects of NIL. It will be very hard to keep a dynasty together. The biggest losers may end up being the top notch programs. I don't mean you can't keep together a high level playoff caliber team, that's still possible. But having these super teams that just club every opponent to death may become rare. The new norm may be that even top teams lose 1 or 2 games per year.

For years kids would much rather wait their turn to start on Georgia, or Clemson, or Ohio State, etc. Not anymore. Now if a kid isn't getting significant playing time by sophomore year, they're gone. How many kids are going to pass up cash in hand plus playing time? Not many.

The real key to having a top program is depth. It gets you through injuries in season and it lets you not miss a beat when kids go to the NFL. Now it will be much harder to have quality depth.

That's why Bama and Georgia are struggling. They are used to having a highly ranked junior to step in and start for the guy who just went to the NFL:. Lots of those guys left for other programs, so now they are passing the torch to freshmen and sophomores. That means mistakes.

This also means that lower tier teams will be more dangerous. You may see a lower tier team that has tons of 4th and 5th year seniors starting and now they're dangerous simply because they make few mistakes and they can take down a top team that has a bunch of inexperienced new starters. You see that all the time in the NCAA BBall tournament. Some blue blood program gets taken out by a 12 seed that has 5 seniors starting plus 3 more seniors off the bench.

The is why the Big 10 and SEC are working together to try to guarantee that they get more teams in the playoff. They are seeing the writing on the wall that a 3 loss SEC or Big 10 team will likely be better than a 1 loss Big 12 or ACC, or lower tier team, and they will have played a much tougher conference schedule.

New top 5

1 Texas
2 Oregon
3 Penn State
4 Ohio State
5 Georgia

Props to pollsters for only dropping Ohio State to 4.