• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bye Bye Mitch.

Steelmann

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky are parting ways, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports.

Per the report, the decision was mutual after the two sides discussed the situation. Trubisky, a former No. 2 overall pick, will hit the market as a free agent at 29 years old.

The decision will leave Kenny Pickett as the only quarterback under contract in Pittsburgh. Mason Rudolph served as an injury replacement to Pickett last season then kept the job in the playoffs when Pickett was healthy after leading the Steelers to three straight wins to end the regular season. He's also slated to become a free agent in the offseason.

cool
take Jordan Travis in a middle round of the draft

The Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky are parting ways, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports.

Per the report, the decision was mutual after the two sides discussed the situation. Trubisky, a former No. 2 overall pick, will hit the market as a free agent at 29 years old.

The decision will leave Kenny Pickett as the only quarterback under contract in Pittsburgh. Mason Rudolph served as an injury replacement to Pickett last season then kept the job in the playoffs when Pickett was healthy after leading the Steelers to three straight wins to end the regular season. He's also slated to become a free agent in the offseason.
We knew what is now known as a known.

😁

Move #1 Slash. Time for the Kahn team to takeover. They were pretty decisive last season. I think they will be more so in their second season. I welcome it.
Pull the weeds out and dispose of them!

2024 is off to a good start already ......... thanks for the news Steelman

So Mitch, Chuks, and finally the fat punter Harvin all released.
Still work to be done here boys.
Need to say goodbye to Pat Pete, Mason Cole, Allen Robinson.
Need to do something with Cams and Minkah contract.
Exactly, couldn’t agree more

Let me add Larry O as well. Far too much money and cap hit for the little production.
Let’s spend wisely in FA not foolishly.
And please do not let shades get his way bringing Justin Fields in here. I’m not giving up
a first or second round pick for a running back trying to play QB.
Shades needs to be put down on this because from what I’m reading and hearing that’s someone he’s very interested in.

Let me add Larry O as well. Far too much money and cap hit for the little production.
Let’s spend wisely in FA not foolishly.
And please do not let shades get his way bringing Justin Fields in here. I’m not giving up
a first or second round pick for a running back trying to play QB.
Shades needs to be put down on this because from what I’m reading and hearing that’s someone he’s very interested in.
Larry O. in my opinion is not a part of the problem

Maybe they'll make a real effort to resign Mason, if not, then Tannehill. Pick up a late round QB that could be the next Purdy to complete the room.
They can't afford to waste draft capital on Fields.

Wouldn't mind a late pick on that Tory kid from Iowa either.
I would draft a QB and bring in a free agent. The Steelers are down 2 QBs and like to have three....

So Mitch, Chuks, and finally the fat punter Harvin all released.
Still work to be done here boys.
Need to say goodbye to Pat Pete, Mason Cole, Allen Robinson.
Need to do something with Cams and Minkah contract.
Can't disagree, didn't know that cutting Cole would save so much but that's almost 5M in a guy that has underperformed and can't be trusted. You can get that in FA for a lot less money

This was the right move for everyone involved
It was the obvious move….obviously.

The thing for me is Mad…….they did it quickly. Let’s have no more ******* around. Instead of diddling around ,which I hope is in the past. The Bush bull-****….the Canada Bull-**** has left a very bad taste in the mouth of us Steeler fans. Waiting way too long to address the Oline situation. I could go on. A 17 year HC that is way too loyal. You could see it start to change last year.
Omar & Andy have a plan. I just hope they lock up Andy somehow.

CHuks and Harvin also cut.
Yea, cutting those 2 nearly equal in significance to dumping Mitch. I am somewhat surprised they didn't wait and try to trade Chuks a little harder but I guess the word from up top (Art) is let's show the fans we aren't just operating as the "same ole Steelers." No more "keeping players/coaches because they are buddies with Shades." I think behind closed doors Deuce inserted his size 11's in Tomlin's @ss, I hope any ways. We can always hope. These moves give me some hope: Playing favorites with buddies is over with, Shades, it's over.

Yea, cutting those 2 nearly equal in significance to dumping Mitch. I am somewhat surprised they didn't wait and try to trade Chuks a little harder but I guess the word from up top (Art) is let's show the fans we aren't just operating as the "same ole Steelers." No more "keeping players/coaches because they are buddies with Shades." I think behind closed doors Deuce inserted his size 11's in Tomlin's @ss, I hope any ways. We can always hope. These moves give me some hope: Playing favorites with buddies is over with, Shades, it's over.
They didn't want to pick up Chuks, March's bonus. They need to get cap compliant sooner than later and Chuks had a decent sized cap hit. Who was going to trade for a mouthy RT with a decent sized cap hit?

The thing for me is Mad…….they did it quickly. Let’s have no more ******* around. Instead of diddling around ,which I hope is in the past. The Bush bull-****….the Canada Bull-**** has left a very bad taste in the mouth of us Steeler fans. Waiting way too long to address the Oline situation. I could go on. A 17 year HC that is way too loyal. You could see it start to change last year.
Omar & Andy have a plan. I just hope they lock up Andy somehow.
Yup, moving on from the "same old tired Colbert" was a necessary move and like most things Steelers, took about 5 years too long. But it seems things are finally changing to the 21st century. Dumping Chuks really sent a signal; I hope everyone on the team received it. Now lets get a new RT and move Jones to his natural LT spot. Nonsense is over in Pgh. No more Tomlin foolishness.

I was baffled why they gave Mitch an extension last year.

They didn't want to pick up Chuks, March's bonus. They need to get cap compliant sooner than later and Chuks had a decent sized cap hit. Who was going to trade for a mouthy RT with a decent sized cap hit?
Makes sense.