• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bye Week Games Thread

When the asteroid hit… absolutely
Browns were a half yard from bowling into the end zone to take the lead when the Asia size rock impacted the outer atmosphere. It was all downhill from there for humanity. Cockroaches and stinkbugs rejoiced. Eventually they started their own league.

The Jets knocked off the Eagles. I had to do a double take looking at the Bleacher Report stats. Hurts with 3 ints.

All of a sudden the Steelers don't look as bad. Who am I kidding, our offensive scheme ******* blows and has for years.

The Jets knocked off the Eagles. I had to do a double take looking at the Bleacher Report stats. Hurts with 3 ints.

All of a sudden the Steelers don't look as bad. Who am I kidding, our offensive scheme ******* blows and has for years.

Browns over 49’s, our offense scheme certainly blows and has for sometime now. O’Canada hasn’t changed anything to the positive.

Salute the nation

That was the dumbest play call at the end of the half.

The NFL has the best football players in the world… and 3/4ths of the coaches are barely suited to coach JV at a high school…
Not a lot of brilliant minds. I think it is important to snag a special coach when the opportunity presents itself. The problem is the Steelers seem to feel like they need to stand still to be successful.

Ben Johnson should get the call in the off-season. We now present to you the new Steelers head coach...

Immediately things would be looking up.

WTF! The Steelers got spanked during the bye week. Who wudda thunk?
Knocked to second place without playing.

Which is more inline with how they have played overall.

Reactions: JMM
Not a lot of brilliant minds. I think it is important to snag a special coach when the opportunity presents itself. The problem is the Steelers seem to feel like they need to stand still to be successful.

Ben Johnson should get the call in the off-season. We now present to you the new Steelers head coach...

Immediately things would be looking up.
Seems like coaches nowadays are always trying to outsmart themselves. They rely too much on the analytics and lose general feel for the game.

Seems like coaches nowadays are always trying to outsmart themselves. They rely too much on the analytics and lose general feel for the game.

I actually think that they ignore analytics more than they should… analytics always say on fourth and 1 run it up the middle… always… yet they perpetually try shotgun or trick plays …

I actually think that they ignore analytics more than they should… analytics always say on fourth and 1 run it up the middle… always… yet they perpetually try shotgun or trick plays …
I do know they hire a decent amount of people who deal with analytics. But yeah hard to know when they use it. Sure it varies significantly team to team.

Very interesting subject.