• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CA Senate (Weiner) votes to legalize date rape drug

Good grief. Peyote&LSD. Toad poison DMT. The only decent drug that has good therapeutic use in that lot is MDMA. For Depression and PTSD. They had formally used it some years back in marriage counseling as well.

That state is so done. Just when I think they've peaked in foolishness, they one up themselves.

Well, this would relate to the person wanting to put it in their own bodies. I'm fairly certain that drugging someone unknowingly so that you can take advantage of them in that state would still be a criminal offense.

As someone that is against the failed war on drugs and the government being involved in what people want to do with their own bodies. I say this is fine and nothing to freak out over.

Well, this would relate to the person wanting to put it in their own bodies. I'm fairly certain that drugging someone unknowingly so that you can take advantage of them in that state would still be a criminal offense.

As someone that is against the failed war on drugs and the government being involved in what people want to do with their own bodies. I say this is fine and nothing to freak out over.

We disagree here. I have dealt with at-risk youth, adult offenders, and post release youth too much to think that this is a healthy approach. Just my take.

The issue is, Creepy Bob, the guy who's been staring at your *** for 3 months from behind his dual monitors and who strokes the top of his desk whenever you walk by now can purchase some legal ketamine to deal with his "insomnia".

Flash forward to the office christmas party at a downtown pub and you find that you seem to have had too much to drink. Fortunately Creep Bob is there to drive you home...

Why are government officials now so hell-bent on legalizing (a.k.a., increasing) drug use among Americans?? Seriously, ask that question and find an answer that makes you comfortable.

Also, has anybody bothered to ask why even with the massive increase in legal pot use and easy access to pot, instances of violence have not gone down, indeed are booming? I thought pot "mellowed" people. Seems the data show that this purported "mellowing" has not reduced violent crime, rape, robbery, murder, etc.

Legal means more accessible. If people can just goto a shop to purchase all kinds of drugs things will turn ugly. If something like heroin became legal you don't think ODs would drastically increase? You would also be putting extra stress on emergency services. I just don't see how legalizing alot of drugs would be beneficial to society

Legal means more accessible. If people can just goto a shop to purchase all kinds of drugs things will turn ugly. If something like heroin became legal you don't think ODs would drastically increase? You would also be putting extra stress on emergency services. I just don't see how legalizing alot of drugs would be beneficial to society

It won't be beneficial. You are correct. Some people need external restraints to make wise choices. That's why we have laws, not to arrive at some imaginary place where these offences are completely removed from our culture. That is the fallacy of the "drug laws don't work" crowd, and the "outlaw guns" crowd.

I just don't see how legalizing alot of drugs would be beneficial to society
You mean other than increasing tax revenue? Same can be said with states increasingly approving sports betting, it's all about the Benjamins.

It will destroy your society as a whole. A great portion of it will won't be able to function and be productive.
It won't. This is how you turn your society into a big steaming pile of unproductive dysfunctional ****.

Ok, do I don't really people going to prison over this stuff,but we have to battle **** like heroin, meth, pcp,lsd,crack.

It will absolutely reach your kids in school if made legal.

I'd go to the sources south of us. The Mexican drugs cartels should be getting annihilated by our military. You get caught at the border running heroin, meth, fentanyl and crack. We execute you on the spot. We video it and send it back to your gang as a warning.

Part of me thinks they want a certain amount of illegal drugs running into this country. We could have stopped it long ago. Just takes some brutal tactics at it's source.

To be clear, the bill talks about decriminalizing not outright legalizing. There is a difference. I'm not onboard with complete legalization of certain drugs, with the exception of marijuana. I am for decriminalizing simple possession of drugs. There are other means to combat this verses just throwing people in jail. The war on drugs created more govt. over reach and has done absolutely nothing to stop the flow of drugs in this country nor has it stopped rising addiction rates. They just throw people in jail where there is no rehabilitation and quite frankly drugs flow pretty freely in that system as well. I just don't think that someone should spend years in jail for possessing drugs for personal use. It causes more harm, and mostly to those in lower socioeconomic areas that can't afford the top notch lawyer to defend them in court. Most drug arrests are simple possession - not dealing/trafficking.

There are examples of decriminalization programs that are working, but only if they are done the right way, and I'm sure our govt. would find a way to **** that up exponentially.
https://www.unodc.org/documents/ung...Approaches_to_Decriminalization_Feb2015_1.pdf

Also, Mexico is not the only country that has drug cartels and exports drugs into our country. You going to send the military to all of these countries to take them out? That is if the leaders of these countries even allow it, which they won't. Of course the conspiracy part of me thinks that most of the drug war is a show for money and even though you hear about these huge busts being made, for each one of those there are hundreds/thousands more getting through and they allow it.

Demand has to end for supply to dry up. The war on drugs has been going on since Nixon enacted it, and it hasn't gotten better, just worse.

The issue is, Creepy Bob, the guy who's been staring at your *** for 3 months from behind his dual monitors and who strokes the top of his desk whenever you walk by now can purchase some legal ketamine to deal with his "insomnia".

Flash forward to the office christmas party at a downtown pub and you find that you seem to have had too much to drink. Fortunately Creep Bob is there to drive you home...
I don't think it stated in the bill that you would be able to legally purchase these items. I may have misread, but at any rate, do you really think creepy rapey Bob was only holding back from doing this because he couldn't get a prescription for them? Do you think these pills are so hard to find and buy now? The drugging and raping part would still be completely illegal not sure why Bob would all of a suddenly think that he could get away with it now.