• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Sutton returning on a 1 year deal

Sit on this and spin...

Rod started off with 1 int his rookie, year and then he went like this:

Rooie year - 1 inct.
2nd year - 4 and then his next, in order....

I know, I know, Rod is one of the best ever and no one said Jackson is, true that. Rod also moved to S late in his career. But, I'm just saying, Jackson's trend of 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 0 is a concern, that's all. Can Jackson play "decent" enough until we upgrade? I hope so. I'm just saying I don't consider #2 CB a "locked down" position as of right now. Maybe I'm wrong.
I already got your opinion but regurgitating your point with Rod twice really doesn’t prove crap. You are locked in on what you think based off of statistical stats of the top 3 corner in the history of game. Yeah glueing to one aspect of a corners game isn’t representing your cause well. Again I care about his coverage ability first and foremost.

Rooie year - 1 inct.
2nd year - 4 and then his next, in order....

I know, I know, Rod is one of the best ever and no one said Jackson is, true that. Rod also moved to S late in his career. But, I'm just saying, Jackson's trend of 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 0 is a concern, that's all. Can Jackson play "decent" enough until we upgrade? I hope so. I'm just saying I don't consider #2 CB a "locked down" position as of right now. Maybe I'm wrong.
Man, what happened to Woodson between years 7 and 8? He went from 8 INTs to 4 -- his production was slashed in half, for God's sake. Oh wait...

Man, what happened to Woodson between years 7 and 8? He went from 8 INTs to 4 -- his production was slashed in half, for God's sake. Oh wait...

How did Rod Woodson ever succeed in the game of football.

It hasn’t been proven, but CBs / Safteys that have 50% drop off of interceptions, between years 7 & 8 are trending to be HOF players. It’s also been noted on the “rumor wire” that when he gets to his 7-8 year career, JPJ plans to have same exact drop off as Rod.

Looking forward to JPJ’s 7 to 8 year drop off.

Salute the nation

Yea, he "dropped" to a low of 4, not 0.

I already got your opinion but regurgitating your point with Rod twice really doesn’t prove crap. You are locked in on what you think based off of statistical stats of the top 3 corner in the history of game. Yeah glueing to one aspect of a corners game isn’t representing your cause well. Again I care about his coverage ability first and foremost.
Oh OK, he gave up 24 TD passes in his career. How do you like that "coverage" ability? Is that "good" coverage ability according to you, wise one? Tell us.

According to who?

There's a reason the Steelers cut his salary in half, we signed a #2 CB and he looks better than anyone there before in a long time.
They cut his salary in half because that's what the market said he was worth. If it didn't, Sutton wouldn't have signed the deal.

They cut his salary in half because that's what the market said he was worth. If it didn't, Sutton wouldn't have signed the deal.
What does Sutton has to do ? Vet minimum to play Nickel.

Dj was brought to play #2 boundary CB

What does Sutton has to do ? Vet minimum to play Nickel.

Dj was brought to play #2 boundary CB
Yes, that is what Cam was brought in to do (we will see how long the NFL penalizes him for crime). DJ, I guess was brought in to compete for #2 CB. I'm a little nervous about how lightly he was regarded when the trade was made. We will see how he turns out. I am hoping one of the CBs hidden in the midst turns out for us (Beanie Bishop, Darius Rush, Trice, etc.).

Yes, that is what Cam was brought in to do (we will see how long the NFL penalizes him for crime). DJ, I guess was brought in to compete for #2 CB. I'm a little nervous about how lightly he was regarded when the trade was made. We will see how he turns out. I am hoping one of the CBs hidden in the midst turns out for us (Beanie Bishop, Darius Rush, Trice, etc.).
For sure Trice & Rush (sounds like a cool movie name) are in the projections for boundary corners. Hopefully they make DJ expendable (trade bait) after his new contract ends

For sure Trice & Rush (sounds like a cool movie name) are in the projections for boundary corners. Hopefully they make DJ expendable (trade bait) after his new contract ends
It's not that I am against DJ working out. I, of course, hope every player we add does. It's just that I wasn't super high on him after the trade. I thought Johnson could have fetched better than Jackson in a trade is all. But I guess Kahn & co. were anxious to get rid of Johnson and Jackson was "good enough." Hopefully, I am wrong on Jackson and he ends up being a super quality, solid CB for us.

447967457_10224880974357196_7549765034382470136_n.jpg

Oh and Patrick Peterson who arguably he is replacing his last two years gave up 5 and 4.

9>5

Lalala oopsie daisy throw another agenda out the window.

That is not how the Betty's story evolved. That is the end, after a lot of misinformation towards Bettis.

On Sutton you are relying on the one side only at this point. How does anyone know, for example, that Sutton's lady didn't beat the hell out of him while he was sleeping, that he merely defended himself and that maybe he stayed away from camera's because he had wounds/bruises healing, and away from police because he was overcharged?

Like every other fan, I have no idea what really happened, but I can infer from the Steelers that they are ok with him being on the team. They necessarily know more than me or you.
Do they? I'm not so sure. I'm sure they got Cam's "story," not necessarily the true one. The GF may have backed off on her story too, she may have decided Cam is worth more to her as a free man with a good job than he is in jail. It happens. IF there is any truth to him beating on a woman, I'm not inclined to want him on my team. But like Bettis' case, only THEY know the truth. We don't. For all we know she might have beat on herself, not like that hasn't happened before. It is what it is: Pgh is overlooking some possible transgressions to add a slightly-above average slot CB to the roster. Let's see what good ole Roger thinks.

So i grade things on the Davenport-Harrison-Wilson scale when it comes to these stories... and you really do have to wait and really look into things to even remotely get a good picture

All three of the aforementioned guys had domestic abuse claims against them.
The steelers cut one and kept two

In Davenports case, it was at worse exaggerated, if not utterly faked. He was in a custody dispute in Ohio with his babymomma which she instigated.
There is a long standing scheme due to the way the laws are there for women unlikely to win a custody case to fake a domestic violence situation and basically instantly win custody.
After an investigation, it seemed likely this was what was happening here... so on the far side of the scale is the "he probably didnt do it" group. Its completely acceptable to side with your player if there is reasonable doubt about his guilt.

In Harrison's case, he was having a major blowout with his significant other over whether or not to baptize their child. She locked herself in the bedroom with the kid so he couldnt take him, and he broke the door down, so she tried to call 911. He snapped her phone in half and slapped her across the face.
None of that was acceptable, but he took responsibility for it, entered counseling. Reconciled with her almost immediately, and never had any other incidents afterwords.
She opted not to press charges.

his case is the "mistake with accepting of responsibility and sincere changes"
its the middle ground in this. They did something wrong but you are giving him a second chance...

Cedric Wilson was the worse case. While both of the other two incidents were based on the very sensitive matter of children... his was just a grudge against an ex... he saw her in a bar, walked up behind her, punched her backwards off the barstool in her face, then proceeded to basically kick her while she was down. It was tge second time there was an incident between them, but the first time she got arrested, not him

He was the aggressor. It was a straightforward assault... there was zero doubt about the facts. it followed a pattern of incidents and he showed no remorse.

This is the kind of situation where you cut ties immediately..

It gets especially dicey when females are willing to hurt themselves to allude men being guilty of assault. If there are "marks" it's usually over for the men involved.

Yea, he "dropped" to a low of 4, not 0.
I mean, I've already explained to you that using interceptions as the only metric to measure a CB is grossly insufficient. Then I tried to illustrate how ludicrous it is with a Woodson year-to-year example from the prime of his career. But somehow you still don't get it.

I mean, I've already explained to you that using interceptions as the only metric to measure a CB is grossly insufficient. Then I tried to illustrate how ludicrous it is with a Woodson year-to-year example from the prime of his career. But somehow you still don't get it.
Oh I get it, I get that you're missing it.